Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 27, 2024, 04:26:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back in tha howze!  (Read 4770 times)
The Walker
« on: January 25, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Good to be back home. Vicky is freezing, and after finally adjusting to summer in January I too am a little chilled. But the fire in the fireplace is starting to build so we'll spend the evening in front of it, Vicky wrapped up in a sleeping bag, and both of us sipping cocoa.

Really, some of you all watch too many movies. Husband and wife "spy teams" do not exist outside of Hollywood. This was a simply and crassly commercial trip.

I didn't think either of my girls wrote like I do, but Vicky says it is true. And that is correct, Vicky now does much of the paperwork associated with the ranch (I hate paperwork). Both the girls in turn did much of the secretarial work after their mom left us, until they left for college. Vicky has accused me of marrying her for her secretarial skills, and not her money. ;-)

Argentina is really screwed up once you get past Buenos Aires. BA is bad enough but doesn't show the problems like the outlying villages. Children and old people are literally starving to death in some areas. The corruption in these minor areas is astounding. The owner of the ranch took care of his employees, his gauchos and their families, and made what they call a "gaucha", or a gift of generosity, of beef cattle to the poor in his area. True, usually poorer cattle, but lifesavers nonetheless. He also allows the growing of truck patches in out of the way places on his lands by poor peoples. He has more real power in his area than the government. He is normally a hard man, but he feels for the poor and is unwilling to allow them to starve to death on his proverbial doorstep.

Vicky and I will have letters worked out later next week or maybe early February. There is a lot to catch up on here at home first, including kicking my elder daughter's butt the next time I see her. ;-)

Later, folks.

Don

Howard
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Back in tha howze!, posted by The Walker on Jan 25, 2003

Don/Vicky,

I have had to play catch up on the board, but have enjoyed Eldest Daugther's updates on your trip Smiley

Sure sounds like you guys had a blast Cheesy

Think we'll get to see any Tango Pics??? I am, of course, asking on Stehpen's behalf Tongue  LOL

Keep the Faith!

H

Ray
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Welcome Back!, posted by Howard on Jan 30, 2003

Don & Vicky,

Stephen also wanted me to ask you guys for pics in your tango outfits. He said he'll understand if you're wearing dark glasses or ski masks in the interest of national security :-)

Ray

Jimbo
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to That's Right!, posted by Ray on Jan 30, 2003

I want to see the "I Touch Myself" pics.  Lingerie and a ski mask..... now THAT'S HOT!

Jim :-O

Ray
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to forget the tango pics, posted by Jimbo on Jan 31, 2003

:-)
Dave H
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I'll second that Jimbo! ROFLMAO!  n/t, posted by Ray on Jan 31, 2003

Hey Jim,

Leave it to you to think clearly and get right to the heart of the matter! Shocked)))

Dave H.

Dave H
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by Dave H]

Hi Don and Vicky,

Glad you had a good trip. The trip report should be very interesting! Any comments on the quality of Argentinean Beef? My wife preferred it over other types while she was living in the Philippines. I attend Argintinean barbecues at friends houses on a regular basis, so I know how very serious they are about beef.

All this talk about James Bond...Don, I picture you more like Billy Jack. But I don't think you try as hard as he to be a pacifist. LOL I am watching a Billy Jack marathon (Born Losers, Billy Jack, Trial Of Billy Jack, and Billy Jack Goes To Washington) this weekend...until Super Bowl kickoff. Glad you made it home in time.

Dave H.

P.S. Don, I liked eldest daughter and think she should stick around. She reveals your soft side. ;o)))

Michael B
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Ha. You made me remember something that I read once about Pancho Villa. Before he got into the 'revolutionary' business, he ran a butcher shop in Chihuahua and they say that no widow or orphan EVER left his shop empty handed, weither they came in with or without money.....of course many of the local ranchers did raise questions about how he accquired his inventory in the first place.

So, on the whole, a good trip? Welcome back.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: