Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 27, 2024, 02:26:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: now where was I ......  (Read 17204 times)
Jeff S
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: now where was I ......, posted by Humabdos on Jan 28, 2003

I heard Polish were dumb, Irish drink too much, Mexicans are lazy, Jews worry too much about money, French are snobs, Brits are uptight, Canadians are goody goods, Germans are egotists, Filipinos untrustworthy, Italians all belong to the mafia, and all blacks want is loose ___, tight shoes and a warm place to ___ - so it MUST be true!

As for the second part - I've met both of them:
http://www.geocities.com/jeffsatpl/restaurant01.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/jeffsatpl/restaurant02.jpg

- Jeff S.

Carr
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Yeah Hum. Not only that but ......, posted by Jeff S on Jan 28, 2003

God Jeff! Those are hilarious. I remember buying a soda called Pocari Sweat in Japan during one of my trip stop overs.
Jeff S
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to ROFL!!, posted by Carr on Jan 28, 2003

One of the best sellers! "Me so hot. Me need a big bottle of sweat!"

Here's some more SAQs (Seldom Asked Questions) about Japan:

http://www3.tky.3web.ne.jp/~edjacob/saq.html

- Jeff

Dave H
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: ROFL!!, posted by Jeff S on Jan 29, 2003

[This message has been edited by Dave H]

Hi Jeff,

That was interesting! I really liked the Fuku Japanese schoolgirl sailor uniform at http://www.asahi-jc.com/ ;o)))

Dave H.

Jeff S
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hmmm..., posted by Dave H on Jan 29, 2003

Yeah Dave, I kind of figured you might...

http://www.ishipress.com/jap-kids.htm

- Jeff

Dave H
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to LOL..., posted by Jeff S on Jan 29, 2003

Hey Jeff,

Wow...I'm shocked and saddened! I guess I lead a sheltered life. I have no problem with adults living out their fantasies with other consenting adults...but with children, No Way! Thank you for bringing it to our attention. Everyone should read that article! It is too disturbing to even quote from it. Shocked(

Dave H.

Dave H
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Yeah Hum. Not only that but ......, posted by Jeff S on Jan 28, 2003

Hey Jeff,

You are certainly proof that a gaigin can meet and marry a lovely Japanese lady! Most of us here are familiar with the Philipines. The ease of meeting women in the Philippines tends to spoil us. Shocked) But, we must realize that because a familiar strategy doesn't work well in Japan, it doesn't mean that there are not interested women or that another approach might not work well there.

Dave H.

P.S. Dang it Jeff, you made me horny...I mean "hungry" for Chinese food! ;o)))

Humabdos
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Yes, that all sometimes be true but, I'm Irish and hardly ever drink alcohol lol.

So the rich guy only thing is a myth? Are you sure?
I don't think you will find that many well educated Japanese women willing to marry a blue collar worker. I sure couldn't!  Great sign's ROTFLMAO!

Hum

Bob S
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Yeah Hum. Not only that but ......, posted by Humabdos on Jan 28, 2003

Not every nice J-girl goes to college.

I know plenty of good girls here with average Joe-Shmoes for boyfriends and fiances.  But you won't find such girls hanging out in Roppongi and other gaijin haunts.

But a foreign Joe-Shmoe does face a disadvantage.  You have to bring something special to the table.  They can find an abusive, cheating, domineering jerk here without having to learn a whole new language.  If you have nothing better to offer, you gotta at least have the cash.  On the other hand, if you don't have the cash, you should bring something personality-wise that they don't often see among the local male population.  Seriously, if you show some simple decent gentlemanly concern for their comfort, welfare, or pleasure, (and maybe a smidgen of language knowledge) they will be AMAZED and just eat it up!  But as Eric is probably finding out, a real relationship with a good J-girl takes a good deal of patience to cultivate.  They are not all Yellow Cabs throwing themselves at any whitey that crosses their path. (The Yellow Cabs typically congregate in Roppongi.)

Jeff S
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Yeah Hum. Not only that but ......, posted by Humabdos on Jan 28, 2003

.. since my wife from a very well to do family hooked up with ugly, ol me. You know, I was thinking that if my Japanese daughter, who is quite attractve, 25 years old, speaks 4 languages fluently, and who just finished her MBA at UCLA & Sofia (Tokyo) with her undergrad in international business at Cal Poly and Sorbonne (Paris), fell in love with the Mexican who drives the forklift at my company, I don't think I'd just say "well, love conquers all."  I'd probably be pretty pissed. I guess I must be a snob after all...

- Jeff

Windmill Boy
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Yes, I'm sure. , posted by Jeff S on Jan 29, 2003

jEFF
TELL ME  A LITLE  MORE  ABOUT  SOFIA UNIVERSITY

MY  FRIEND  AI  WHO I MET  IN  TOKYO  LAST WEEK  WITH  HER  BOYFRIEND  ATTENDED  SOFIA.  MAJORED  IN GERMAN  WORKING  FOR KLM TOKYO ( WOULD BE  NICE  IF  SHE  CAN  UPGRADE  ME TO  BUSINESS  CLASS  ON MY  FLIGHT  HOME  HA HA HA)  BUT HAS  FORGOTTEN THE  GERMAN  BUT  SPEAKS VERY GOOD  ENGLISH.
SHE`S  A  REAL  CUTIE  BUT  AT  25  A LITTLE  TOO  YOUNG  AND  TAKEN  TOO.

IS  IT  A  UNIVERSITY GEARED  FOR THE INTERNATIONAL CROWD?  WHAT  ARE  THEY  MOST  FAMOUS  FOR?  DID  YOUR DAUGHTER  LIKE  IT  VS  THE  CALIFORNIA SCHOOLS?

WINDY  aka  THE  GRANDE  GRINGO IF  I SHOULD  DECIDE  TO  MOVE  HERE.

Jeff S
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to SOFIA, posted by Windmill Boy on Jan 30, 2003

Sofia has a separate program for international students taught mostly in English. It's a serious university program, but not equivalent to their Japanese degree programs. My half American nephew got his undergrad there. It's considered something like an associate's degree to Japanese, not a full fledged bachelors - but my friend who used to hitchhike with the English Lessons sign - got his MBA there in Japanese after attending Japanese high school as an exchange student and getting his undergrad at a different Japanese university. Later ho got a good job with a bigger Japanese trading company in Japan.

Rika really liked Sorbonne and ended up spending two semesters there. I'll never understand young women's fascination with Paris. It's fine, I guess, as far as the history, food, art, etc, but it's the people I have a problem with.

Anyway, sounds like you're having fun.

- Jeff

Humabdos
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Just as I thought Jeff LOL. Money first love second? How about a 45 year old construction worker like Joe millionaire?  Hum
Dave H
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by Dave H]

...I mean Jeff, Shocked)))

That reminds me of a Korean couple that I am friends with. They worked very hard at their small restaurant to put their two daughters through the University. One became a MD, the other a chemist and was also a concert pianist. When they were off from school and not studying, the girls helped out at the family restaurant. Some of the guys I worked with at my part-time job used to eat there too and constantly try to hit on them. The daughters always politely refused and saying that their parents wouldn't allow them to date while they were still in school. The dumbass lazy lowlifes claimed that the parents were prejeduced against Latins because they wouldn't allow them to date (try and bed) the girls. The parents befriended me and my partner (a fellow firefighter friend), probably because we didn't hit on their daughters and they found out that we worked 2 and 3 jobs. They told me that they had no problems with their daughters dating or marrying other races, they just wanted them to focus on school, then marry someone of a similar educational background. Not to much to ask for in my opinion. Unlike many American kids, the daughters respected their parents wishes.

Dave H.

Ray
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: now where was I ......, posted by Humabdos on Jan 28, 2003

n/t
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: