Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 05:11:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another question for the board......  (Read 6509 times)
red
« on: January 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

I found out just yesterday why my fiance visa is mucked up. As some of you know my fiance is a nurse. She was part of a group of nurses that were in Libya from '96-'99 on a three year nursing contract. These girls worked in Libya and other countries to make good money. Rosie is a devout Catholic.

Libya has denied repeated requests for Rosie' police clearance papers. That is the hold-up. The frustrating thing is that Rosie has the original official police clearance paper with her. She still has it from when they gave it to her at the end of her nursing contract. They gave all nurses this paper as it was necassary to have it in order to leave Libya.

The lady at the US Embassy ( i fianally got a hold of someone who knew what was going on, thanks guys) told me that the document MUST come from Libya, and that they could not accept the document Rosie has, even though it's the same damn document!!

My worry is that Libya will never respond. My question for the board is, Why can't they accept the original document Rosie has in her possession? Especially, since Libya has not responded. What if they never respond? If Libya does not reply after so many requests, will the US Embassy accept the police clearance Rosie has? The lady told me,"Oh, Libya will respond, they must." I asked here why they have not as of yet then? She had no answer. This is just crazy. The lady told me Rosie would have been approved last June if Libya replied to the first request...AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

I wrote my Congressman regarding this just yesterday, and will follow up with him closely.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as always. Good luck to everyone.

Best Regards
      Red

Ray
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Another question for the board......, posted by red on Jan 31, 2003

Red,

This does sound like a classic case where you need congressional intervention, so keep working with your congressman.

In the meantime, I would keep trying on your own also. Try to be proactive.

Is Rosie in Manila now? I think you mentioned before that the Libyan embassy was willing to translate her police clearance documents into English for her? Perhaps she can bring her clearance to the Libyan embassy, ask them to translate it into English, put an official seal on it, and forward it directly to the Immigrant Visa Branch at the US Consulate in Manila. If you can get her the contact info for the consulate and the file number for her application, that should help it get to the right people. The US consulate may just accept the damn thing if it comes directly from the Libyan embassy. Sometimes these foreign embassies overseas can be very helpful, in the interest of international relations.

Anyway, I think it would beat sitting around waiting for someone else to do their job and the “assignment” would maybe give her some hope and keep her mind off of the waiting. What have you got to lose? Just make sure keeps copies of the original and translation.

Just an idea,

Ray

Dave H
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Just a thought..., posted by Ray on Feb 1, 2003

Hey Ray,

It's worth a try! It might just work! Beats anything I can come up with.

Dave H.

Esiang
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Another question for the board......, posted by red on Jan 31, 2003

Oh so sad of your situation.......

I think you should try to keep calling these guys and make them work, sometimes they might have forgotten it...

From my experience I really keep on bugging them, and yes they're on time of their action.

Wish you a good day!!!Try to talk to other guys other than that lady....some knew the answer, some dont.....

Dave H
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by Dave H]

Hey Red,

Sorry to hear that you're still having problems! I don't think Police clearance is required from Libya. My God, your fiancee is not a Libyan! Of what value is Libyan clearance anyway? I'm sure that Libya has no problem giving clearance to their terrorists that they want to send to America. "Oh, Libya will respond, they must." That is the one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. Almost as stupid as "Let's give  Sodaamn Insane more time to cooperate." These people obviously don't know who they are dealing with...two  friggin' moronic mad men!!! Keep on your Congressman to do something.

Dave H.

Jeff S
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to What A Bunch Of Crap!, posted by Dave H on Jan 31, 2003

Curley-may and Larry-mar.

- Jeff

Dave H
No!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Did you know Gadaffi had two brothers?, posted by Jeff S on Jan 31, 2003

Hey Jeff,

It doesn't surprise me! ROFLMAO! Somebody needs to give Mo-mar a haircut.

Dave H.

Dave H
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to What A Bunch Of Crap!, posted by Dave H on Jan 31, 2003

Hey Red,

Check this out: http://www.kamya.com/misc/polcert.html

The February 2000 version of DSL-1083 gives the following information:

Do not attempt to obtain police certificates covering residence in any of the following countries as they are not available:

Afghanistan* Iran* Saudi Arabia*
Angola* Iraq* Sierra Leone
Azerbaijan* Jordan Somalia*
Bangladesh* Kazakhstan Sri Lanka
Bulgaria* Laos* Sudan
Cambodia* Liberia Syria*
Chad* Libya Tajikistan
Colombia* Malaysia* Tanzania
Costa Rica* Mexico Thailand*
Equatorial Guinea* Moldova Turkey*
Ghana Mongolia United States of America
Guatemala* Nepal* Uzbekistan*
Haiti* Nicaragua* Venezuela*
Honduras* North Korea Vietnam
Indonesia Pakistan*  

Good Luck!!!

Dave H.

Dave H
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Read This!, posted by Dave H on Jan 31, 2003

[This message has been edited by Dave H]

Hi Red,

After reading DSL-1083, I would tell your congressman that they had better get Rosie here NOW!!! Rosie already has what she is not even required to obtain. I'm not surprized that our government isn't having much luck obtaining Police Clearance from Libya.

Dave H.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: