Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 04:55:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey Mita.....  (Read 2232 times)
Stephen
« on: January 09, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you're the lady in Colorado Springs.

I think it would be interesting to hear about how you have adjusted to living with such COLD winters.  I know that my wife Tess had NO clothes with sleeves on them.  The first thing we had to do was buy her some clothes to cover her arm.  She thought Southern California was terribly cold.  Well....I can imagine what a shock you must have had with winters in Colorado Springs.

But you also have some very pretty scenery in the mountains around you.

Best wishes....

Stephen & Tess

Mita
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey Mita....., posted by Stephen on Jan 9, 2003

Yes Stephen, that's me.  I've been here a year and a half now.  Winter last year was warm and I adapted easily.  This year has been colder though, but still dry. I had to learn to drive in the snow too and the weirdest thing I experienced so far was driving with ice on the windshield.  That ice is dangerous for driving - I was seeing double.  Now I wait till the ice melts before I drive.
I had to buy thermal undies to wear with my regular clothes and bought the usual heavy coat, caps, gloves, mitts. I've gotten used to layering my clothes to keep warm. Believe it or not, sleeping with socks was my biggest challenge with the cold - I'm just not used to it.  
I miss gardening.  It was much easier in the Philippines.  Not everything seems to thrive here in Colorado.  I also miss breathing easier and taking walks that don't leave you huffing and puffing.  The altitude here is about 7,000 feet and that makes a big difference on your lungs.
But you are right, it's lovely here.  When my hubby and I go on trips out of state, it's always so nice and welcoming when we return and the plane doors open - you get a whiff of that clean, cool and crisp mountain air.  You step out and the sky is so clear it looks like the stars will fall on you.  We have beautiful views all year round.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: