Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 27, 2024, 04:19:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back from Bohol !!!  (Read 8249 times)
SteveB
« on: January 05, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Happy new year to all....  After 32 hours of v-hires, supercats, airplanes and automobiles, we arrived home on the 1st of January.  We spent most of our visit in Juliet's village of Pang Pang, near Ubay, Bohol.  Nothing beats a pang pang shower, a bucket of water and a pail for your wife to pour off the soap.  I also had lots of fun with my santa hat giving all the kids chocolate.  About 12 family members took a side trip to a resort near Tagbilaran at Panlaol(sp).  It had clean white sand beaches, and I had hoped to do my first bit of snorkling.  Sunburn and a brother in law, sister in law fight stopped that idea.  On the return trip to Pang Pang, our v-hire driver took us to an old church, built in the 1500's, and to a river dinner cruise.  It was nice traveling around in Bohol seeing the culture.  The past visits to PI, I was more concerned about developing a relationship with juliet.  This time I was more relaxed and enjoyed our time in Bohol.  Cebu is just to big and to crowded for me.  The taxi drivers at the ports, malls, etc. are way too aggressive.

PS.  I see many new faces here at planet-Love.  There are tons of beautiful girls at the malls waiting for you to meet them.  All you have to do is start up a conversion.

Cheers,

Steveb and Julietb

Jimbo
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Back from Bohol !!!, posted by SteveB on Jan 5, 2003

Hi Steve,

Sounds great!  Glad you had fun.  Next time I'd like to see more of Bohol.  Sally has family there but we've only been to Panglao.  I'm right behind you.

Jim

Stephen
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Thanks for the report.

Tess and I will be going back to the Phils around March/April.  She will go over 3 weeks ahead of me and I will join her for two weeks together.  

We are currently planning on visiting Cebu and going down to Bohol for a few days.

Best wishes.

Stephen & Tess

Mita
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi Steve and Juliet!  Nice report on your trip - makes me want to visit Bohol.  I've always heard about how lovely it is and that ube has always been known to be best in Bohol.
David and I are planning to go home for a month or two in March, we plan to visit Cebu and I'm trying to let him agree on a side trip to Bohol as well (fingers so crossed it hurts!)

Happy New Year!
Mita

Dave H
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by Dave H]

Hi Steve and Juliet,

We're glad that you had a great time! I know what you mean about being more concerned with developing a relationship on your previous trip. We did the same thing. On our next trip we will be doing more sight seeing and traveling around the Philippines.

Dave and Marife

Humabdos
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

Glad to hear you had a good time Steve. There was a movie filmed at Baclayon near the old church called Dark tide. It's about sea snake hunters and not a bad movie for a B movie. Did you feel like Bohol was a dangerous place to visit? Many over on Mag-anak would have you believe it's very dangerous there with lot's of NPA activity. Did you make it to the Chocolate Hill's? There where reports a while back of problems up there. I'm guessing it's just a bunch of hype. Any photos post?

Hum & Sallie

SteveB
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Back from Bohol !!!, posted by Humabdos on Jan 5, 2003

I felt more safe in Bohol than in Cebu.  We didn't make it to the hills, maybe next time...lol the people over at Mag-Ayak are suffering from POP-UP fever,,I don't go there much,,the pop-ups are crazy....I saw lots of tourists around tagbilaran,,of all races,,,the people were very nice,,most didn't stare at a big white boy!!!!

Steveb

shadow
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Back from Bohol !!!, posted by SteveB on Jan 5, 2003

That fever on Mag, that is!  Smiley

Bohol is top of the list of my favorite places. Am seriously considering Bohol as a semi permanent residence. Have other places to check out first, though.

Larry.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: