Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 01, 2024, 11:25:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: venting  (Read 173485 times)
Dave H
« Reply #480 on: August 28, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Newbie here..., posted by Bel on Aug 27, 2002

Hi Bel,

I guess I should say welcome to the other side of the Asian board. Shocked) Sorry, I can't answer your question. My wife says Cebu is full of nice hotels, but is not familiar with Alang-alang St. I agree with Ray to have your fiancee check out the hotels in her area. Have a great trip!

Dave & Marife H.

Bel
« Reply #481 on: August 29, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Welcome to P-L..., posted by Dave H on Aug 28, 2002

Actually, this inquiry is for Clayborn, my brother-in-law. I guess I should have clarify a little bit. I used to know all the places to stay in Cebu, but it's been so long ago, and I've heared that there's a lot of changes since I left there in '83. Wish I can go with him as his tour guide, but it's just not feasible at this time. Oh well, I'm sure he'll be in good hands once he gets there as long as he stays away from those headhunters(LOL).
Bel
Dave H
« Reply #482 on: August 29, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thanks Dave..., posted by Bel on Aug 29, 2002

Hi Bel,

Actually, you did say tour inquiry was for someone else. My mistake. Shocked)

My wife corrected me, as I had said that she was not familiar with the area. She is, just not the hotels in the area.

Clayborn, have a great trip!!! I hope you and Bel can go together one of these days.

Dave H.

Dave H
« Reply #483 on: August 29, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Welcome Clayborn!, posted by Dave H on Aug 29, 2002

Hi Bel,

I meant, I hope that Clayborn (and his future spouse) Shocked) and you and your spouse can travel together to the Philippines some day. So your brother-in-law is visiting your cousin. Shocked) I think I get the picture. LOL My wife's sister lives about 20 miles from us. It certainly makes the transition much easier, for both.

Dave H.

Ray
« Reply #484 on: August 28, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Newbie here..., posted by Bel on Aug 27, 2002

Hi Bel,

Just a suggestion: Why doesn't your friend's fiancée personally check out some hotels in her area. She could find a quiet and clean hotel close by and make a reservation for one night for her visitor. That way, he would have a place to go when he arrives to clean up and get some rest. After the first day, he could either extend the room or look for another hotel if he doesn’t like it.

After 15 hours on a plane, I think most men would be more than happy if the shower and air-conditioner work, there is a full roll of toilet paper, the roaches are less than 6 inches long, and there are no ants in the bed. The rest is all superfluous.

On my last trip, I stayed at the West Gorordo in Lahug and it suited me just fine.

Ray

Bel
« Reply #485 on: August 29, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Wecome Aboard!, posted by Ray on Aug 28, 2002

for all your responses. I appreciate it very much.
Clayborn bought his Northwest Airline round trip ticket through www.gardenstatetravel.com for $1030. Flying out Aug. 31 from Toledo, OH. to Cebu and back on Sept.8. It's a very short trip for a first time visit. Hopefully things will work out in the right direction as planned.
He can't post here yet, as he doesn't have an account(yet), but I know he'll be reading this first thing in the morning before he goes to work :-)
Sorry bro, I hope you don't mind me telling on you, hehe. I just thought these guys can help you better than I do. Right Guys!!!
Bel
tfcrew
« Reply #486 on: August 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to venting, posted by kevin on Sep 7, 2002

Hello from the Russian board. Has any viewer here filed their 751 yet?
Esp from the Texas region..How did you do?..How did it go?
Karl
Dave H
« Reply #487 on: August 28, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I-751 inquiry..., posted by tfcrew on Aug 27, 2002

Hi Karl,

Sorry, we're still waiting for the AOS interview. My wife's sister's I-751 was sent to the TSC in February. She received a notice in April to inquire in 6 months, if she did'nt receive an interview date. Good Luck!

Dave H.

capt david
« Reply #488 on: August 26, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to venting, posted by kevin on Sep 7, 2002

My story part two;
By Christmas, and certainly by February, I was beginning to believe that Era, Ta-Ta, was very special to me. Because of the genuine belief on this board that one should not go to meet just one person, and because she is thirty years younger than me, I was a little worried. As time began to get short, I talked to Ron, and took several names as back up. I might point out at this time that if one was to just go to the Phils that I feel that it would be very easy to find someone in the malls.
Eva Airlines is an excellent airline, in the Air, but ground support, both at the airport and by phone and computer lack much to be desired. I will admit that by stopping in Taipe I added a couple of hours to my travel time, but saved several hundred dollars. The savings was because EVA?s higher rates didn?t start until June 15. If I do this again I will probably opt for the upgrade on Eva. What can I say; the trip from San Antonio to Dallas to LAX to Taipe to Manila to Cebu was long. I think the biggest rip-off in the Phils is the airport transfer in Manila. Because of not knowing when I would arrive I told Era to come to the hotel after work. Boy was I nervous.
Guess what? She showed up with two cousins, surprise, surprise, surprise.
She is very shy and I was tired, but we met and an hour later she went home, to meet tomorrow. I was a little surprised that we were not chaperoned that day, but we weren?t. We explored the city a little that morning, and returned to the hotel for lunch and while I napped, she watched TV. Let me say, at this time, that I had made a promise to her, her mom, myself, and to God that I would leaver her as I found her and her honor is still intact. It was hard, hehe, but I did it. We had considered having a ?ceremony? if we decided to marry, but that never happened. That night, I took her brother and mother to Punta ? on Mactan for a fish dinner. In my opinion it was good, but for the Phils a little over rated and Expensive.
By this time I was bothered by the big ?H? key word preparation. I was a little slow and uncomfortable for a few days, but soon recovered. On my third night and there after Era, and usually a cousin spent the night in my room. This made logistical sense, as her house was in Mandaue. By day five, I was beginning to believe that I had made a mistake! But of course now I was stuck!! What was I going to do?? To be continued?..
Dave H
« Reply #489 on: August 26, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to My story part two..., posted by capt david on Aug 26, 2002

Hi Capt,

I know you're back at school, but the kids are just going to have to wait. The suspense is killing me! Please keep it coming. Shocked)))

Dave H.

Jay
« Reply #490 on: August 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to More...more!!!, posted by Dave H on Aug 26, 2002

Hi Capt..

The suspense is killing me too. LOL! Very interesting, so far. Thanks.

Jay

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: