Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 05, 2024, 01:21:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has this topic been Discussed?  (Read 11032 times)
Windmill Boy
« on: February 12, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Hello everyone

I was recently reading about this on an Asian Aol message board and I don't recall ever seeing this topic discussed here.

An Asian American male was mentioning that he was having a difficult time finding a women to fill the void in his life.  He stated that many of the Asian American Women he encounters are interested in dating White men mostly.  He was also pointing out that many women of other races are not really interested in dating Asian men.  A female participant mentioned that he  should look for an Asian woman over seas.

Just wondering -- Does any one have any experience with this Scenario?

That inquisitive Windmill boy

Andy(original)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Has this topic been Discussed?, posted by Windmill Boy on Feb 12, 2001

WMBoy,

I suspect that people in poor countries get their impression of the first world countries from the TV...

On TV most of the time white men are rich, handsome and educated being beat up by poor, ugly and uneducated black men...You could say that the women in poor countries associate a better lifestyle with being white...White skin equal to good marriage material.

My fiancée is russian, but I could see the same pattern when I visited her in the FSU, so it isn't just a trait among asians...

Just an observation...

Andy

greg
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Has this topic been Discussed?, posted by Windmill Boy on Feb 12, 2001

Yeah, I notice that AWs don't seem interested in Asian men; I think that the Asian women are interested in other race Guys, the problem is with her Parents and Family's acceptance and approval. It's the Parents that would prefer her with a white man, it's their Parents and family that seem to look down on other races. I remember taking Filipino culture class at this college. there were many Chinese Asians, they were open about their Family's prejudices against those with darker complexions, not once did I hear any negatives from the Filipinos about skin complexions. So, Yes it's easy for any race to date an Asian lady, it's the problem dealing with her family, some Asian families even reject her involvement with the white man. Personally, I dislike  people that are prejudiced based on your race. greg
Ambi
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Has this topic been Discussed?, posted by greg on Feb 12, 2001

I dislike people who date based on race.
Ray
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Has this topic been Discussed?, posted by Ambi on Feb 14, 2001

Ambi,

The only women that I have been interested in dating for the past 33 years were all Filipinas. Does that make me some kind of racist or something? ROTFLMAO!

Ray

Ambi
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Too Bad!, posted by Ray on Feb 14, 2001

Yep! reverse racism. Just because you have a preference for a particular race it doesn't necessary means that you "love"that race.  I know of a man whose wife is asian yet he always uses comments like YOUR people, or those gooks. Is he NOt racist just because he has an asian wife? N
Dave H
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Too Bad!, posted by Ray on Feb 14, 2001

Hi Ray,

A Jamaican friend made a funny comment the other day, when she found out I was engaged to a Filipina. She said, "You don't do white." After I thought about it for a few seconds, I had to agree. The last "white" woman I dated was in high school, 27 years ago. I guess I am a racist too. Shocked) I am only white (light brown) on the outside. Shocked)

Dave H.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: