Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 29, 2024, 05:20:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ukraine on hold 4 now; going to Cololmbia  (Read 6831 times)
Frank O
« on: July 10, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Well guys you know how crappy my marriage to a Ukrainian went. I'm still hurting but getting over it quickly. I'm headed to Bogota Colombia next month. Not really planning anything other than a vacation really & sightseeing & have a lady to show me around that's about it. Nothing much going on. If I see I LIKE the place, the way I did Ukraine, then perhaps I'll take out an ad an get working. I would have gone to Ukraie in Sept but I'm VERY TIRED now & did'nt want to hassly with a visa, 20+ hour flight & remember many bad memories there at least for now.
By the way the flight from McAllen to Houston to Bogot is shorter than my flight from Houston to Amsterdam. That was a HUGE determining factor. Like I said I'm VERY exhausted. This divorce thing took a lot out of me.
david hagar
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Ukraine on hold 4 now; going to Cololmbi..., posted by Frank O on Jul 10, 2005

Frank

How long have you been divorced?  Like you, I think that the long flight to the Ukraine, Russia, and the former republics,  make it unrealistic to find a wife in those areas.  You must take into consideration the costs of the flights, how often a person can go, Colombia comes up at the top all the time.

Beattledog

papi
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Ukraine on hold 4 now; going to Colo..., posted by david hagar on Jul 10, 2005

the long flight to the UKE is a concern for me - to get to really know someone. I can get to BAQ in a little over 2 hrs from Miami. I am real attracted to the Eastern look but it sure appears to be a big challenge. For me, I am closer to Latin America and speak relatively good Spanish. But I have had marginal success in LA  thus exploring other areas. I was with one women for 2 yrs from Cali but i did not want to marry. my last girlfriend from Medellin changed her mind on me - after the petition was approved. I also let a couple good ones slip through the cracks. I leave this week for BAQ - going to take another crack at it but again this eastern thing does have my interest - they are beautiful in the pics
Frank O
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Ukraine on hold 4 now; going to ..., posted by papi on Jul 10, 2005

The logistics of the trip are a huge negative for me man. I'll be honest about that. 20+ hrs flight versus 6 hours?! A no brainer at this point. I need a small break. I feel after 2 years of living for someone else I need to do SOMETHING for ME.
Jack
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Ukraine on hold 4 now; going..., posted by Frank O on Jul 11, 2005

Frank, the main thing is to pick a good Russian/Ukraine woman. You met a woman and immeaditly feel in love with her. You were convienced that she was the one for you. You did not need to get to know her any longer but if you had of, if you had of checked out her history, what the local people were saying about this woman, about her past history, then maybe you might have re-considered. I am not saying that your woman was bad but you didn't even take the time to check and find out. Don't make the mistake that others have made Frank. Don't fall in love with a woman you have met for 1 hour. You don't want to get to Texas before you find out from the Russian women who are here that the woman you married was a slut in her previous life.
MarkInTx
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Ukraine on hold 4 now; going..., posted by Frank O on Jul 11, 2005

I agree that logistics for a trip east are greater. But, is that really the main consideration?

I mean, you can meet women in Houston with no travel at all! Is how far you travel really the prime motivation here?

Anyway, I personally discarded Colombia for two reasons:

Instability: I remember reading a trip report from a guy who went to Colombia and he talked about how he heard machine guns firing -- but it was in the distance so it didn't bother him.

Don't know about you, but if I'm hearing UZIs going off, its not far enough in the distance for me!

Whole cities are sometimes laid to seige down there. Gringos get kidnapped and held for ransom... no thanks. There may be wonderful women there. But its not worth the risk, IMHO. Maybe if I were single, I would have taken a chance... but I'm a father. I couldn't justify possibly getting kidnapped or worse because I was looking for a wife...

Future Considerations: Frank, you're in Texas, like me. If you marry a woman from Colombia, I hope you're planning on learning fluent Spanish. She'll have no real incentive to learn English once she gets here.

My concern is that a Spanish-speaking wife would quickly become part of the spanish speaking sub-culture here. It's a deceptive crutch. On one hand it makes it look like she has very little transitioning to do... but the reality is that someone who only speaks Spanish will actually be at a huge disadvantage. It's actually far worse for people... but they don't see it.

Of course, you can do what you wish. I am just saying that I ruled out Colombia for those reasons...

david hagar
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

I understand

Beattledog

Frank O
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Ukraine on hold 4 now; going to Colo..., posted by david hagar on Jul 10, 2005

I'm NOT divorced yet, that will be the 25th of this month. I'm NOT going no a wife seeking trip. Like I said it's a vacation. I just need some rest man. For a while there I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown (while she was here) either that or kill the suka!! Anyways I need a break man. Like you said it's so much cheaper & much more convenient. Just bought my ticket yesterday & no hassle about a visa.  Like I said I'll probably start searching towards the end of the year or perhaps wait till the start of 2006 though I doubt it. I want to be going full steam ahead by Jan.
I just think right now I'm not emotionally ready to date anyone. It just wouldn't be fair to the ladies man. I need to rest.
papi
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Ukraine on hold 4 now; going to ..., posted by Frank O on Jul 10, 2005

Frank, once you get there and smell the air - your rest cure will be over. there are a lot of hotties in them hills. Frank, you should try to negotiate a deal with the agencies there if things dont workout with the girl you are going to see. I would recommend LAI. Remember, you are in Latin America - negotiate negotitate negotiate - and walk in with cash. money talks - but dont accept the first price. They do have a small hotel - and you can stay there. here is their site: www.latinintro.com. And another well-known agency is www.latinlifemates.com. However, I found Bogota agencies to be the most inflexible to deal with. You can cut better deals in other cities
david hagar
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Ukraine on hold 4 now; going to ..., posted by Frank O on Jul 10, 2005

Frank

You are correct. Take the vacation and enjoy the rest

Beattledog

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: