Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 29, 2024, 01:33:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Allow me to introduce myself  (Read 8139 times)
OldRed
« on: June 10, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

In an effort to gain some insight to this mail order bride concept, I discovered this site and became a frequent visitor.
I’ve read almost all the posts and have gained a whole new perspective of what can be a real world of pain, if you’re not careful.
I’ve read of Frank’s pain and suffering  and can see where his mistakes may have been avoided had he taken the time to step back and observe what he was getting himself into. But, we have all been blinded by love at least once in our lives. His time was inevitable, as his age and lack of experience permitted this mistake.
My accolades to those of you that stuck by him and encouraged him on. He will heal but it will be a long healing process.

FrankO, just don’t make the mistake of jumping into another affair of the heart until you’ve had the time to allow the grieving process to pass. The old adage that “women are like buses” is probably the worst advice anyone can give to someone with a broken heart.
Take the time to get over her and rediscover yourself. Improve yourself by analyzing what improvements you may need to implement, to re-establish your self esteem. In other words, slow down and take a breather.

Streetwise, I’m sure I will be calling on you for assistance in the area of travel in FSU. You also seem to have some sound words of advice that we all could benefit from.

Patrick! Thank you for providing this great site!

I am going to miss wsBILL. That moron made me chuckle from his lack of sensitivity and maturity. Can’t recall who said it, “We need idiots like him to keep things in perspective.”

Now, about myself.
I’m an educated, enlightened, conscientious, middle aged California gentleman that has been searching for the love of my life. Again.
I’ve done the internet dating scene and it’s not a pretty story. I’m sure I will have the opportunity to share some of my tribulations with you as time goes on.

I became interested in the MOB prospect, a few months ago and that is how I came upon this site. I wanted to know all the ins and outs. I wanted to go into it with my eyes wide open and prepared for the worst. I have read a number of horror stories on various sites, as well as this one and as many success stories. One of the most heart touching success stories was on this very site, but most of the other success stories were testimonials posted on various Romance Tours websites.
Now, I know they (Romance websites) aren’t going to post any horror stories, as that would be bad for business. Hence my search for the downside. I knew they had to exist and sure enough I found them. Whew, did I find them.
I was married to an Italian for 21 years and enjoyed all but the final few years when she lost her bearings and decided I wasn’t enough for her. (Was told menopause was the real culprit.) Real bad ending to an otherwise fairy tale love story. But, that is another story.
I discovered after a number of disastrous internet dates, that what I was looking for was the European flair that I fell in love with. The sheer beauty of European women. The intellect they possess. The passion they bring to a relationship. The devotion and desire to please their man.
I really missed that and a lot more. Something very few American women possess or even begin to understand.
Gentlemen, until you’ve been married to this kind of lady you’ll never understand. Those that have been fortunate enough will bear me out on this. It’s the most incredible experience any man can experience. It flat-out spoils you!
Hence, my desire to search the FSU.
I’ve read all about the women of the FSU and can understand their desire to marry American and Western European men. I’m also suspicious. I’m a firm believer in the adage, “if it seems too good to be true, it must not be true!”
I’m 56 years old and know I’m no match for a young lady in her 20’s or even 30’s. I’m also a realist. What young beautiful woman is going to stick around once she’s considered legal in the States. So, I’m trying to keep my search to an age group closer to mine. Mid-40’s and up.
I’ve also learned and posted on my profile, that I want only educated English speaking ladies to correspond with. But, that doesn’t seem to discourage many, as I get at least 1 or 2 a day that still wish to email me.
I have found one site that offers unlimited correspondence for either party for a monthly membership. Another that charges by the email.(going to kick that one, as now I’m able to correspond with a lady I met on that site direct.) I would like to hear what sites appear to be on the up and up. I’ve seen the comments about the bad ones, but little on the good ones.
But, what can I say. I’ve told you my side of the story and I’m a hopeless romantic. I want it to be true and feel that the possibilities may exist. I do intend to err on the side of caution when it comes to matters of the heart. I guess I’ve grown a little wiser with my age and I have the gray hairs to prove it. (Age that is!)
I will be sharing my exploits and experiences with you as they occur and I expect all the input, as I shall definitely share my input and opinions with you.
I’ve lived a very colorful life so far and have a lot more I want to experience and experience it I shall.
Old Red

Scaught
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Allow me to introduce myself, posted by OldRed on Jun 10, 2005

Look into your fortune cookie--- I see-- You will hook up with a woman 10 to 20 years younger, get married, she slaps a restraining order in California on you for things you'd never even dream of doing-- until now!-- you are removed from your home, you are villified as the evil one, your acquaintances think that maybe you DID commit these heinous acts against her, I don't see the results of the trial clearly, maybe there is prison time, maybe not, she files for divorce, she gets the home, you pay her $2,500 to $3,500 in support for ten years, she gets some of your pension, all your friends who thought you were an idiot are now quite certain of it because your life was already good, and now it's in the crapper.

This European lady superiority scam is all marketing hype. They are the most inferior bunch you'll ever run across. I have my experiences, so I happen to know what I am talking about-- most unfortunately!!!

Travis
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Allow me to predict your future..., posted by Scaught on Jun 13, 2005

If you marry a woman from Russia and in the future you apply for a job or contract with the goverment requiring a security clearance, it will be denied based on the country of origin of your wife or ex wife. Mine was. I held a secret clearance for 6 years while I was in the military. My renewal was denied because the woman that defrauded me was Russian. That was $150 grand out the window! And yes, that was after my divorce. My offer was from ITT in Iraq, March 2003. Something to consider! I was like "I ain't seen that suka outside of court in 2 years and she's still f@#$%&g with my life".
OldRed
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Something noone has considered...., posted by Travis on Jun 14, 2005

Well Travis unlike you I didn't have to travel to the FSU to find my albatross. I met her here in the good ol' USA and yes she did slap a restraining order on me. Screwed me up pretty good for a couple of years and surprise, surprise the courts saw right through her lies. They do have to prove their claims and she failed miserably. Sure it cost me a small fortune in attorney's fees and alimony, but I made it before I met her and while I was married to her and I'm making it again, only quicker. You see experience and age does have it's benefits, if you don't let it put your head in the crapper. The next time there will be prenup's and she will know this before she sets foot in the USA.
And Scaught, find a new chinese restaurant! Your fortune cookie is as stale as your outlook on life.
Felinessa
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Something noone has considered...., posted by Travis on Jun 14, 2005

Considering she didn't tie you to a chair and yank the "I do" out of you, but that you actively pursued a Russian woman, you have nothing to bitch about.  You are an adult who supposedly made an informed choice, and impact on future job prospects should have probably been something to ponder before chasing after a MOB.  You would have been denied the clearance even if you were still happily married - what then? Would you have broken up your marriage for 150 grand?
Scaught
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Something noone has considered...., posted by Felinessa on Jun 14, 2005

Do you believe this woman? Let me decode:

"Travis, it's all your fault! You brought it all on yourself!"

The funny thing is, the US judges have the same attitude. You WON'T be treated fairly.

Travis
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Something noone has considered...., posted by Felinessa on Jun 14, 2005

No, I married because I loved her. My point was that there are consequences. I never thought being married to a Russian woman would deny me a clearance. I think it's something we don't consider.

Maybe you shouldn't try to defend her though. You don't know her and I doubt you would like her too much. She's one of the few women that go through this ordeal that I know of that is being charged with marriage fraud. Don't hang your hat on her case...pick another.

Felinessa
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Something noone has considered....., posted by Travis on Jun 14, 2005

I wasn't saying she was right and I wasn't defending her.  I just meant that the emphasis should be placed on men being careful, because if you do your research, she can't do anything to you without your permission.  You're the one sponsoring her, so you're the one calling the shots; therefore, in the process, you should be looking after Number One, because she's not gonna do it for you.
Travis
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Something noone has consider..., posted by Felinessa on Jun 14, 2005

That is why I won in court when she claimed abuse. I tape recorded her beating the hell out of me and then she went to the police and claimed I beat her. But she planned it! From day one. We were married three weeks when she pulled this junk (I would prefer a better word Smiley. Not to say most guys are stupid or anything like that, but how many guys would expect this and wear a tape recorder? She wrote in an email that she was depressed because she couldn't find a boyfriend......2 weeks after we married. The DA treated this as a regular domestic violence case until me and my attorney told them the whole truth. The laws here are against the man...as a man you must prove yourself innocent. I think that is why Scaught is bitter. I somewhat understand his point of view. I have been in jail one time my entire life, and it is for something that I didn't do. Yea, I'm a little bitter also.
Scaught
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Something noone has cons..., posted by Travis on Jun 14, 2005

This IS the script! A very experienced US immigration official told me this. This is played out a hundred times everyday across our fair nation. You will NOT get treated fairly by the court system. The system IS stacked against you. Preponderance of the evidence has zero weight in abuse cases. It's your word, which means nothing, against her word, which is considered the truth. Goodbye The Waltons; Hello Franz Kafka!

It is my humble opinion that these Eastern Eurpean be avoided like The Plague. If you must date a foreign woman, get one from somewhere else.

If you can't learn from the experiences of others, at least I hope you all will learn from yours and share how you were ripped off when that will happen in the future. You just might get through to someone.

Felinessa
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Something noone has cons..., posted by Travis on Jun 14, 2005

Meh, you're bitter and you sound like you're entitled to be, but Scaught is pathological.  Like I said before, if he harassed her the way he harasses me here although I've done NOTHING to him, maybe she was telling the truth. After all, all we have is his side, right?
Scaught
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Something noone has ..., posted by Felinessa on Jun 14, 2005

Let's look up the word "pathological" in Professor Cat Woman's dictionary...

"An adjective describing anyone who can easily see through a phony Romanian 24-year-old child, who was handed a few diplomas worth one roll of good quality toilet paper."

Yes, Scaught must be pathological.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: