Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 27, 2024, 02:25:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Hotels In Cyprus, Good Place to Meet RW?  (Read 11776 times)
romachko
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: I appreciate responses so far......, posted by Haroshij on Jan 15, 2005

I also recommend Turkey. I took my fiancee (Ukrainian citizen with Russian parents) to Istanbul twice. Russians don't need a visa prior to entry to Turkey. She is required to pay about $20 for a stamp (called "visa") at a booth next to the passport control. There is no baggage inspection upon entry and you pay no duty for goods you bring in. There has been a few occasions of violence in recent years but I feel much safer in Istanbul than in Chicago. Many Russians live in Istanbul. There is even a Russian town there. When I went to Permukalle, Turkey, Russian tourists outnumbered any other nationality. In many shops, especially at Grand Bazaar, many salesmen speak Russian.

Turky has very interesting history and there are as many Greco-Roman ruins as in Greece and Rome. Istanbul is a very interesting city. You find many places there which were used in 007 movies. In Pwermukale you can swim in a hot spring pool, where Roman columns are scattered. The southern coast faces Meditaranian and Aegean seas.

The costs of hotels, restaurants and tours are just about the lowest in Europe.

Globetrotter
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I appreciate responses so far...and ..., posted by steverino on Jan 14, 2005

For safety sake, especially in a Muslim country that has had bomb blasts, I would stay away from where foreigners congregate...like The Four Seasons, or Hilton in Istanbul, or The Dan Carmel in Haifa, or the King David in Jerusalem.

Also obvious that you would stay away from bus and train stations, and where large numbers of locals would be.  If you've chosen Istanbul as a destination, try the Amisos Hotel in the Topkapi area of the city...50 rooms, service that will knock your socks off, a walk to the city center, the tram right outside the door (I wouldn't fear riding on the tram)and about 50 bones per night, and they have a website.  Hey, that's just me, and I'm overly cautious, but for good reason.  Never got into any trouble except for a couple of rumbles in Russia, in which they didn't get what they wanted from me, and didn't walk away either.

Personally, I'd still pick Cyprus, and work a little harder on the arrangements, but again, that's just me.

JR
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: I appreciate responses so far......, posted by Globetrotter on Jan 14, 2005

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: