Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 05:35:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Very good advice  (Read 22142 times)
Bruno Thoumsin
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to This is bad advice, posted by KenC on Jan 19, 2005

Ok, about the 5 year, i know that the information was bad and think you...

And writing can show a lot about the personality from each other... not short e-mail with only some words but real long letter... but this is only the basic and allow to make the first selection...

Meeting are very important step... but expensive... it why selection is needed before... before know Galina, i have write to around 800 woman... after 2 week, have stay 20... after one month, 4 and after 2 month, the one... Galina...

I am not rich enough to meet 800 women ... and 3 month is enough short... i think that a delay of one year is right...

Previously, i was married with a russian woman and the problem have begin after the first year...

About the K3, it is more fast for the paperwork and more complex too... and apply to the K3 only when you are almost sure that you have find the right one...

Be married in Russia allow to make some control too... i have not see the sign during my first marriage but now, i can say that it was enough sign... she have not wish a marriage at the church, she have not present me to her friend and family ( just father and mother )... but in these time, i was blind... she was very young and sexy... a dream... but a nightware after the first year...

Dan
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I agree, posted by Bruno Thoumsin on Jan 20, 2005

Most knowledgeable people anywhere - on the topic of women from the FSU. And - they both admit when they don't know something.

As for the K1 versus K3 debate - it is REALLY simple to resolve. Here is my take on it - and I'll give you some links to see for yourself:

K1 (and K2, for dependent children)

The K1 visa (I-129F) is pretty easy to get and most anyone can do all the paperwork themselves. The US government has 4 service centers to process K1 visa applicants depending on where in the country a person resides. Of these 4 service centers (California, Nebraska, Texas and Vermont), Vermont processes K1 visa applications in about 1 month - California and Nebraska process the applications in about 3 months, and Texas is taking 5 months to process the applications. This gets someone to the point of receiving an approval to set the interview at the foreign embassy/consulate.

After the initial NOA (Notice of Action), the processing times for the K1 and K3 should be pretty similar, to the point of getting the lady into the US - and probably averages another 3 months to get appointment scheduled at the embassy and prepare all necessary paperwork.

K3 (and K4, for dependent children)

The K3 visa (also I-129F) is similar in concept and paperwork to the K1 - with the big difference being that the beneficiary (foreign spouse) is already married to the sponsor.

The other HUGE difference is that ALL K3 visa applications are processed by one single location of the USCIS, and they are taking 7 months to process the application - longer than any of the Regional Service Centers.

You can confirm any and all of the above information at this USCIS website -- https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp.

DCF

The *other* option is to marry in the foreign country (similar to K3) - BUT - to file with the US Embassy/Consulate in that country directly - hence, the name DCF - Direct Consular Filing.

This is DIFFERENT in Russia than in Ukraine. In Russia, the US Embassy will ONLY allow DCF if the American citizen has been full-time resident in Russia for more than 6 months.

In Ukraine, the Embassy allows filing of DCF at any time - and while there are a few hurdles to cross, they are fairly simple to navigate.

DCF, in Ukraine, normally results in the WIFE (NOT fiance) having their IMMIGRATION visa for the USA in less than 3 months time. Note: you DID know that a K1 visa results in a Non-Immigrant visa being issued - correct? This is an important distinction.

The primary reason for DCF being faster is the people are ONLY working with the US Department of State (which has responsibility for Embassies and Consulates worldwide), instead of the K1 and K3 which requires BOTH the Department of State and Department of Justice (USCIS). Fewer bureacracies means less time spent in the process.

There are even other options for marriage to a foreign citizen - but the ones above are the ones the vast majority of people need to know about.

As for LP and KenC - they have both been at this game for more than a few years. They both have had lots of experience - though different experiences - and both are extraordinary about sharing what they have learned with anyone willing to listen (and even some who are not --smile--).

You, and others on the board, would be well-advised to listen closely to what they say. I am not advising that you take everything they say as pure truth - you still have to evaluate it against your own circumstances and draw your own conclusions - but it would be foolish, indeed, to turn a deaf ear to those two.

Bruno Thoumsin
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Bruno, You will find LP and KenC Among t..., posted by Dan on Jan 20, 2005

Thank for the info... i have think about the K3 in the way of DCF...

I have more experience with European procedure... and when i have marry in russia, i have direct make all the paperwork at the ambassy... it was easy for certify document with the "apostille"... the more big problem was for find a offical translator for the document...

I say almost the same of you on my site but a little more complex and long... see below the copy... it is not from me but from several people who have help me...

* Copy *

The K1 fiancee visa is a relatively simple document to obtain. There is really no reason to retain a lawyer because the INS forms are understandable to the average person. Unless you or your lady have some specific or complicated issues standing in the way of immigration, then save your money and do the paperwork yourself. In general, only two requirements must be met for an American citizen to successfully apply for a K1 fiancee visa. First, the petitioner and the fiancee must meet at sometime within a two year period before the application is filed, and second, the petitioner's income must equal or exceed the federal poverty level guidelines for the specified number of family members.

The K1 fiancee visa process takes roughly 2 to 5 months to process depending on which INS Service Center handles applications in the petitioner's area of the United States. Complete forms and an organized file will limit delays in processing. The INS will inform the petitioner of incomplete or missing documents, but this will increase the time needed to approve the application. The INS will now accept forms downloaded via the Internet at www.usdoj.gov

Forms required for the K1 fiancee visa:
I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancee (one form)
G-325A Biographic Information (two forms - his and hers)
I-134 Affidavit of Support (one form)
These documents must be filled out in their entirety. Do not leave blank or empty spaces. If the question does not apply to your situation, indicate "N/A". If the answer is none, write "none". The I-129F and the G-325A's must be mailed along with the necessary supporting documents to the INS Service Center governing the petitioners region. The I-134 is not required until the fiancee's interview at the US Embassy in Moscow. The I-134 should be hand delivered by the petitioner or the fiancee at that time. Copies of forms and documents are acceptable, so it is highly recommended that the petitioner only send copies in the file to the INS.

Petitioner's required support documents:
Birth certificate or US Passport
Divorce or death certificate(s) - not required if never married
Two ADIT style photos - the INS has specific requirements for these photos
Proof of petitioner/fiancee meeting - a snapshot together will suffice
Payment for INS fee - currently $110.00
Fiancee's required support documents:
Birth certificate or copy of international passport
Child or children's birth certificate(s)
Divorce or death certificate(s) - not required if never married
Two ADIT style photos - the INS has specific requirements for these photos
*All fiancee documents must have notarized translations
Mail the completed application to the INS Service Center governing your region. Be sure to keep the originals so you have a complete file for your own records.

Once the INS service center approves the petition for the K1 visa the approved file will be sent to the U.S. Embassy in Moscow. The U.S. Embassy will schedule an interview for the fiancee and her children if applicable. The following documents are required for the interview in Moscow.

Document for interview:
A completed form I-134 Affidavit of Support
Petitioner's support documents for I-134 and interview:
Last two year's tax returns or letter of commercial rating
Letter of employment from current employer to include: hire date, salary, and job title
Recent check stubs, bank account statements and average balances
Proof of petitioner/fiancee meeting - snapshot, travel visa, tickets, etc.
Fiancee's support documents for the interview:
Police report under maiden and married names from all cities of residence
Document of immigration medical examination
The I-134 Affidavit of Support must be notarized and delivered to the U.S. Embassy by the petitioner or fiancee on the day of the interview. The Medical examination must be performed by one of the clinics approved by the immigration section of the U.S. Embassy. The current fee for the medical examination is $100. The U.S. Embassy may request additional information at their discretion - follow their instructions.

As the INS guidelines change from time to time, we recommend that you check the INS web site at the time you file the K1 visa.

After a K1 Fiancee Visa is issued, the fiancee has a 6 month window of opportunity to use the visa by making the trip to America. The K1 Fiancee Visa is a single entry visa and allows the fiancee to remain in the United States for 90 days. At the end of 90 days, the fiancee must either be married to the petitioner or return home.

The 90 day visit allows the petitioner and the fiancee some additional time to test the waters and determine if both parties are still compatible in America. As always, my advice is to go slow; use the whole 90 days to your advantage. Even with the best of intensions a Russian woman may not be able to adjust to living in a new country. Keep your eyes open for insurmountable problems or outright Red Flags. Things are not always what they seem.

I understand that both people may have expectations of the situation or each other that do not jive with reality. The best course of action is to proceed with all the plans as if marriage was a certainty. Help your fiancee get an EAD (Employment Authorization Document) at the point of entry. Help your fiancee apply for a social security card. If your fiancee needs help with English, check out the ESL programs at the local colleges and universities. Help prepare your fiancee for a driver's license. Be honest and forthright; demonstrate your competence and ability to provide for your fiancee's needs on your home turf. But, also keep your eyes and ears open. Listen to your gut or the little voice in the back of your head or what have you, because here comes the pill.

If the petitioner and the fiancee marry within the 90 days of the visa, the petitioner must file an I-485 Adjustment of Status with the INS and submit a completed form I-864 Affidavit of Support. The I-864 is the affidavit of support with teeth. Before you sign this document read it carefully. Read it, know it, and understand the nature of the agreement you are entering into. Once you submit the I-864, it becomes the property of your wife. Even though you are the petitioner and your signature is on the form, the INS will not allow you to retract the document. The reason we keep going over and over how important it is to read between the lines, visit the family and friends, look out for the Red Flags, and trust but verify is rapped up in the I-864.

After the Adjustment of Status, it can take up to two years for your wife to receive her temporary Green Card. There will be more forms along the way, interviews and fingerprints as well. A permanent Green Card and finally citizenship are still a couple more years away.

Sure, you can marry in Russia. I can think of two reasons why some men might want to marry in Russia. The first reason is the shorter processing time for a K3 Spousal Visa. In the real world, filing a K3 might shave 0-3 months off the time needed to get your new bride to America. The second reason is the importance of involving the bride's family in the wedding. While marrying in Russia seems like a viable alternative, in reality it carries far too much risk to be recommended.

In my opinion, the K3 visa has too many drawbacks to make the advantages worthwhile, and involving the bride's family in the wedding can be readily accomplished to everyone's satisfaction. Technically, the K3 visa can be processed quicker than the K1 visa, but it does require a bit more work; however, this is not the primary problem with marrying in Russia. The primary problem is being married before the lady has even seen America. I can honestly tell you that most Russian women have a television and movie outlook about life in America. It is possible that your new bride will not like the "real" America or be able to adjust to a new lifestyle. No matter how much you explain the situation, no one can fully understand until they experience for themselves.

The 90 days allotted by the K1 Fiancee Visa will allow both you and your lady a chance to experiment with life together in America. The fact is that things will change between Russia and America. By observing each other's compatibility in a new environment, both parties will be better prepared to assess the situation and make the final decision. One of the most difficult changes occurs when the man has to return to work. Your Russian lady may begin to feel isolated by the language barrier, lonely without her friends, and/or snubbed by the lessening of attention. It can be a difficult adjustment. So do yourself a favor and use all the time you have available with the K1, just to be sure.

Now if involving your fiancee's family in the wedding is important for both of you, there is a loophole. It is possible to have a church wedding in Russia without actually registering the marriage through legal channels. In "the eyes of God" you will be married, the family will be involved, but legally you will still be eligible to file for the K1 Fiancee Visa and get the benefit of the 90 day visit. If you belong to a religion other than Orthodoxy, there could be some small problems with the Russian church, but remember this is Russia. A donation to the priest in the form of a few thousand rubles will smooth things right out.

You can get married in Russia, but it is complicated and requires more documentation. It will also take about 30-45 days to get a date scheduled for your wedding. You will need to go to Moscow twice, first to get verification of your documents in order to apply for a marriage license and again to apply for a visa to get your new bride home. If you have all the correct documentation, it might only take 1-3 months to process a spousal visa, but the paper work has to be perfect. We don't recommend this approach. The Fiancee Visa is simpler and safer!

Why rush it. Bring your fiancee to your home and take some time to get to know each other better before making that final decision.

Dan
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thank you... and more info about K1, posted by Bruno Thoumsin on Jan 20, 2005

It is inaccurate. Or at least, it is out-of-date.

You claim the K3 is faster than the K1 - but I know for sure it is NOT. How do I know - because the USCIS publishes their backlog on the internet for everyone to read.

Right now, the backlog for K3 visas is 7 months. The backlog for K1 visas ranges from 1 month to 5 months, depending on the SC.

So you see, the information on your site in inaccurate and could easily lead to someone making a bad decision.

On a more subjective topic, I disagree with the position on your site that the 90 days for the K1 is to be used as a trial marriage.

In fact, if one of the girls coming here on K1 were to tell the Customs inspector that they are coming for a "trial marriage", they risk being denied entry. The USCIS considers the K1 to be a Fiance visa - and both parties have ALREADY made the decision to marry - not try it out for a while.

Just a couple of important points you might want to consider in editing the information on your site.

FWIW

- Dan

Bruno Thoumsin
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to The Problem with Your Information Is . ...., posted by Dan on Jan 20, 2005

Yes, my information are enough old... matter of paperwork, it change very fast... and if you know some good URL, about K1 and other, i can make link to these site in my advice page...

I have a time problem for update my advice because my site is not my work but more a hobby, a free service... the site herself don't take too much time for the ads but the personal help to visitor take a lot of time... i make each day 8 hours work for my usual work... and 4 to 5 hours more for the help and site...

About FIANCE, i understand very good the meaning, the origin of these word is French... Fiance mean that you have promise to be marry... in old time, in Europa, you have official fiance contract where you promise to marry in the year... it is old tradition and all this have dissappear...

And about the delay for both K1 and K3, they are indicative delay and only for the administrative section... a lot of paremeter can lead to other delay...

And on my site, i advice the K1... K3 is only a alternative... too much thing can go wrong with a K3... and because it is almost impossible for a woman from FSU to have a tourist visa for USA, the K1 allow to see if the woman can adapt to her future new country...

The K1 is the best solution but people need to know that other method exist...

And these week-end, i go change my page about the K1, and update it...

Thank for the information and the help

LP
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I agree, posted by Bruno Thoumsin on Jan 20, 2005

..."Again some man who speak about something he don't know"...

Bruno Thoumsin
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I agree, posted by LP on Jan 20, 2005

I speak about what i have learn... but i agree that i don't know all... i have only some experience... i was married 7 year with a russian woman... and these year, i go married with a ukrainian woman...

And i am the webmaster and owner from a little site and i receive some report from man of woman...

I don't know everything but if yourself you know all, please inform us... it is the function of these forum...

LP
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: I agree, posted by Bruno Thoumsin on Jan 20, 2005

...Just pointing out that before you come here and take a swipe at me or anyone else you'd better get your own facts straight.

And if you really have your client's best interests at heart than why are you pointing them at a lawyer in the first place? One that doesn't seem to know his stuff? You're not getting a cut of that are you? Nah, couldn't be, you're just a peasant gardener out to spread joy and happiness throughout the world right? I don't know what kind of operation you run but spare me the altruism, you're in it for the money just like everyone else. I'll let it slide this time but take my advice and cut back on the chocolate.

Bruno Thoumsin
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I agree, posted by LP on Jan 21, 2005

Same if you are on these forum from long time, this don't allow you to be the master of everybody, i have right of my own meaning...

I see that you ( LP ) and Dan are enough actief on these forum... but Dan make reply who can help other visitor... you make only attack without a lot of explain... maybe you have some kind of complex !!!

And i don't point my visitor to a lawyer... i have receive information from him and other... actually, i have no find a site who give good information and who can help my visitor...

And it is not because i am new on the forum, that i know nothing... my first online marriage agency is from 1997... i have stop after 2 year because it is become to much expensive for me... and now, i have start again because my new internet provider is enough cheap... around 12.5 euro month for all... with the publicity i have earn 72$ for december, enough for pay my site and drink some beer...

I am maybe now a peasant gardener but i have choose these way for a life without stress... i have study informatica at university... and work around 10 year like officier in the Belgium Navy ( Army )...

And i am not in for the money... I am not a American, i am not capitalist... i believe that help people are possible without ask money... like friendship...

LP
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to What is your problem ?, posted by Bruno Thoumsin on Jan 21, 2005

[This message has been edited by LP]

...Funny how I keep getting asked that. No problem Bruno, just the way I am (on here at least). If you're trying to do good then I applaud you but it seems to me a guy who eeks out $100 a month wouldn't be much different when it comes to wanting more than any of the folks running agencies in the FSU. I'd also think if you're going to make even a little money exploiting lonely foreign men you could find better uses for it than beer. But hey, that's only how I see it.

I envy your low stress life as a gardener and commend your education and service to your country but try and understand some of us aren't as lucky. We have more stress to deal with and our backgrounds and experiences tend to make us view things in different ways. Each of us are, after all, subject to being products of our life experiences and environments. In our case the two probably couldn't be further apart, especially our current lifestyles. I hope the time comes when I'll be able to live like you (it's not far off) but until then I'm pretty much stuck lying in the bed I've made.

I also wish I could be as eloquent as Dan or as much as a gentleman as Ken. I'm working on it but I'll be the first to admit it's a tough nut to crack. Until then you'll simply have to do as others and accept me as I am, same as I have to do with you. Either that or ignore me (I won't be heartbroken if you do). I'm sure you feel you have something to contribute here in your own way (as do I) so lets just try and coexist. I promise to behave in as civil a manner as I'm capable of if you will. Just remember not to take it personally. I don't and even if you rile me I'll quickly forget about it. I mean come on, it's just the internet.

Why don't you tell us why you got involved in this. I'm curious as to what exactly is "wrong" with Belgium women to the point your on your second FSU one. Although I'm well traveled I've only been to your little corner of the world once, and not for very long.

Bruno Thoumsin
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: What is your problem ?, posted by LP on Jan 21, 2005

All is more simple when you say a little more...

About earn money with the site, it is not easy... the first month, i have earn around 390$, these month only 72$ and i think that next month it will be nothing...

I don't ask money to somebody but i have publicity for other agency... and i earn some % of what my visitor buy to them...

But since i have more woman, the man have not so much interest in other agency... i understand this, why pay when you can have for free...

When i have begin in 1997, i have make the same but in these time, my expense for internet was around 1000$... modem and phone compagny... not, internet is cheap and i can start again... i use a new compagny in Belgium... via TV cable, only 12.5$ month... for 5 e-mail address, always online, one domain name, 250mb web site, broadband, and 20gb traffic month...

The expense of my site is only 12.5$ and time... same if i earn nothing, 12.5$ is not a lot to pay... more cheap that go to cafe... and i make a lot of friend...

Now, about stress life, it is a choice... Before, in the Navy, i have earn a lot of money but i was alway far of home, where was some war ( Irak, Somalie, Yougoslavia )... with the time, money have become not so much important for me, and i have choice for a other work without any stress... but with more low income... but enough for a normal life...

About ignore you, it is not possible... i like negociation... and i don't ask to ignore me but maybe you can be more "calm" in your writing... and about Dan, yes, it is a great man...

Why i have got involved in this... my first girlfriend in Belgium have use drug, the second was like a hooker ( but for free ), and with the last, i have loose 110.000$... i have begin search woman outside europa ( Africa, asia, and Russia ). I have spend a lot of money in big agency without result. And i have start my first free site... free for attract women and men... and i was the first to receive the ads of woman... more easy to make the choice and be the first to write her when she was interesting
:-)))

And i have married with a russian woman... big error... she was very beautiful, 18 year old, ... and i was almost 30 year old... i have go to fast, i have wish these young beauty and don't take care about compatibility... when she have receive the Belgium nationality, she have ask the divorce... but it was all a time that it was problem between us... and i don't say that she is a bad woman, only that i was not ready and i have make the bad choice...

Now, i have know a woman from Ukraine, Galina... i have contact her because we have the same date for birthday, the 14 May, we have become friend... and slowly, from the friendship have come love... She is not a top model but not bad ( i find myself enough ugly ) and our character are enough compatible... i was only a little surprised when she have say the work of his father... he is cleric in orthodox church... but this explain maybe a lot about her good character...

Now, the only punt that i don't agree... you write :
"come on, it's just internet"

A lot of woman claim again western man because they take this like a game, because they are not serious in the intention of search a wife... some people think that because it is internet, all is allow and they game with feeling of other... be hurt in your heart can lead to a lot of pain... and because internet is expensive for russian woman, this game hurt her money too...

Bobby Orr
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to bad advice, you think only about yoursel..., posted by Bruno Thoumsin on Jan 19, 2005

"Result, she cannot more aplly for a K1 during the next 5 year !!! When she come back in own country, she have no more work..."

How do you know the above is true.

Bruno Thoumsin
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Where are you getting your facts??, posted by Bobby Orr on Jan 19, 2005

By the work on my site, i have make some contact with a american immigration attorney for information... a K1 visa is a fiance visa... it's mean that the woman and man are ready to be married... the K1 allow some time for ready the marriage...

When a K1 is cancel during the periode of three month, the woman have almost no more the possibility for apply to a K1 during so period...

And it is not always easy to have a K1 for a woman, she need prove that she "know" the man. When you meet your woman in ex-USSR, don't forget to ready the interview with her, to have some proof like photo together...

And about work, it is easy to understand... in ex-ussr, it is difficult to find a work... if she go to America for three month, her job is take by a other... and when she come back, she have very difficult to find a new one...

Jack
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Where are you getting your facts??, posted by Bruno Thoumsin on Jan 19, 2005

I don't think so Bruno.
Bruno Thoumsin
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to hummm, posted by Jack on Jan 19, 2005

If you have better information, give it... my main source of information is a american man who make all the paperwork for the K1 visa, it is his speciality... maybe you know him : Mark Hlava, USA Fiancee Visas...

Myself, i can be only sure for the procedure for Belgium ( my own country ) because i have already married a russian woman before... and these year, i marry a second time but with a ukrainian woman...

For France, and UK, i work with local agency who know enough good the system for own country...

Visit my advice page about the K1 visa at http://www.love-from-russia.be/am6.htm and send me all the correction that you feel is needed... i and people who have help me to make the page have not all the knowledge from the world... all help are welcome...

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: