Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 27, 2024, 04:26:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Invitation and visa to Russia.  (Read 4773 times)
Haroshij
« on: January 23, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Usually when my wife and I go to Russia, my parents in law send me an invitation and based on that I apply for visa. Now the situation has turned out a little more problematic. Wy wife has lost her Russian passport, and at the same time she has applied for a Norwegian passport which she will receive in a few day.

Later this winter we will together with some friends to Thailand with Aeroflot. On the flight back our friends wants to stop in Moscow and spend one day there using the opportunity to see the city.

That means that we will all need to apply for visa, and to get that we will need an invitation. I know Intourist can help us, but they are rather expensive for those services. I came to remember that many years ago when I was searching, I found a company the gave me an invitation for less money, and then I could apply for visa directly with the Russian embassy.

Anyone out there know the best and cheapest way to get visa to Russia?

Haroshij

Haroshij
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Invitation and   visa to Russia., posted by Haroshij on Jan 23, 2005

Thanks to everybody for wanting to help.

In fact I found one company that for free wanted to give us an invitation if we ordered hotel through them. The Russian  embassy told us that the hotels themselves do that, but my experience is that not all of them do it.

In addition to the invitation, we will need a "voucher", that's right. When we get invitation from family in Russia, we always need to go to a special office to get at stamp on the visa and that office is located in the same city where you are going to live. In our situation with family and friends in St.P. and we were planning to visit Moscow, that way wasn't practical.

Everything is settled now, and again thanks.

Haroshij

RickM
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Invitation and   visa to Russia., posted by Haroshij on Jan 23, 2005

the invitation and the visa?
The voucher is supposed to say where you are spending your time while there in Russia?
It's been a few years now.
Bruno Thoumsin
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

If you have some friends of family living in russia, they can make a invitation for you... The price is almost nothing... they send it to you by post and you apply for the visa in the russian ambassy of your country... in place of business invitation, it is a personal invitation... for a personel visa... i go use it in May for visit Ukraine... only need information about the person who invit you... for russia, you need a document ( invitation ) filled in Russia... cheap and easy BUT take a lot of time from your russian friend/family ... and only for one day !!!

About cheap compagny : tourist invitation 30 euro ... business invitation 70 euro ... hotel reservation not required... http://www.russianconcept.com/en/services/visa-russia.shtml

Other try : http://www.visatorussia.com/

TwoBitBandit
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

I work with a local visa service that is dialed into some sort of a network of foreign hotels.  For a fee (about $80), they'll get an "invitation" from a hotel in Russia in the city you want to visit.  There is no obligation to use the hotel; the local OVIR will still validate your visa regarless of what arrangements you have made about where to stay.
Bruno Thoumsin
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

I don't know when it is working in your case, but ask information at russian ambassy about transit visa... this visa allow you to stay maximum 24 hours in the country...

I have use so visa some year ago when i have make a trip with bus... ( don't try it ... 3500 km in russian bus... )it was only for transit but maybe it can luck for very short stay... the visa is only valid 24 hours...

It can be perfect in so situation when it is possible... cheap, pay directly without a lot of document...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: