Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 07, 2024, 07:30:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hotel Rossiya to be razed...  (Read 4942 times)
Rags
« on: August 11, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by Rags]

Oh the horror! All those fond memories of the 2 AM phone calls.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=518&ncid=732&e=10&u=/ap/20040810/ap_on_re_eu/russia_razing_a_relic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3552520.stm

RickM
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hotel Rossiya to be razed..., posted by Rags on Aug 11, 2004

nt
Rags
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Gonna Be A Lot Of Homeless Cockroaches....., posted by RickM on Aug 11, 2004

I spent more than two months there total (in all seasons) and never saw a single roach or any other type of bug in my rooms.

Typical British journalism...reporters who have never been to see what they are writing about and rely on hear-say to sensationalize the story.

I doubt if you can find a room at a "three star" hotel across the street from Buckingham Palace for $35/night (breakfast included).

I'm really going to miss that place. If I could pull it off I'd schedule a trip just to go back and stay there before they tear it down. Lots of fond memories there.

RickM
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Cockroaches..., posted by Rags on Aug 12, 2004

Been there and "stood" there twice...
I won't miss the chamber "babushka" keymaids,the elevator mafia checking my hotel-card every time I want to use the elevator nor will I miss the $5.00 "rip=off" cup of coffee in the lobby (FORGET ABOUT EATING IN THE RESTURANT THERE OR SEEING A SHOW...WE'RE TALKING HUNDRED "PLUS" USD FOR 2 FOR  THAT) and I "certainly" won't miss the cockroaches that I saw "BOTH" times I stood there...
Jack
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Cockroaches..., posted by RickM on Aug 12, 2004

I never worried about where to stay in Moscow as I always knew I had the Rossia to fall back on. Thought I was renting a nice flat one time. The place was a dump, take me to the Rossia. I never saw any cockroachs myself, unless you mean the one's that would call you up in your room at 2, 3am in the morning. Always wondered how these women knew their was a single foreign man in this one of 5000 rooms, then I realized it was part of the Rossia's un-spoken services.

Basically I liked the place, $80 bucks a night to view Red Square, $65 if you wanted to view the Moscow River and NO place in Moscow more centrally located. Rossia was the center of the center. Spent many hours in the Manhatten club, going to Russian movies and bowling. I also will miss the Rossia.

RickM
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Cockroaches..., posted by Jack on Aug 12, 2004

nt
Stevo
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hotel Rossiya to be razed..., posted by Rags on Aug 11, 2004

gg
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: