Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 06, 2024, 04:30:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Continental & Aeroflot ???  (Read 1780 times)
TomTx
« on: May 22, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Has anyone flew with these two carries on the same ticket.
I fly out on June 4th from Houston on Continental to Amsterdam then change planes to Aeroflot to Moscow.
Has anyone had any problems with luggage transfer?
One rep. at Continental told me I would have to get my bags and re-check with Aeroflot, I called Aerflot and they told me that was wrong information. I called Continental back and talk to someone different and they told me my bags would be check for the total trip to Moscow?

Does anyone have any experience with the two airlines together?

Thanks in advance
Tom

DanM
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Continental & Aeroflot Huh, posted by TomTx on May 22, 2003

My wife did this route back in January when she visited her parents and everything was fine. He experiences were very good.
LAguy
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Continental & Aeroflot Huh, posted by TomTx on May 22, 2003

Hi ...I have made the transfer four times.Don't be surprised if the plane that you fly to Moscow is KLM.They seem to have some sort of code sharing arangement.
Lasy time is December I flew NW/KLM and made the transfer at Amsterdam. Great and well laid out airport. Easy to find your Gate.Puts most US airports to shame.
Leaving Moscow to Amsterdam for the return trips my boarding said Aeroflot but the plane was KLM.
Has something to do with the fact that the Russian Government has a requirement that a certain percentage of all flights to and from SVO2 needs to be by a Russian carrier. So they just ticket the boarding pass as Aeroflot.
The bags will be Ticketed to Moscow from Houston and you do not need to do anything.

Good Trip

TomTx
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Continental & Aeroflot Huh, posted by LAguy on May 22, 2003

Thanks guys for the reassurance. This is my forth trip, but all others it was with the same carrier. This is the first time I have changed carriers, so I just wanted to know others experiences.
Thanks
Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: