Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 05, 2024, 06:20:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ukrainian Customs  (Read 2715 times)
Jwood66
« on: May 23, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Anybody know if Ukrainian Customs requires a certain amount of funds in possession during departure for travel for a Ukranian national leaving on a tourist Visa to any Nation......?
Antonua
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Ukrainian Customs, posted by Jwood66 on May 23, 2003

No. The could have a credit card for all they know.  There is no restriction. You can checkout the www.mfa.gov.ua/eng/  Ukrainian Government web site (In english)
Jack
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Jwood I do not believe there is any such Ukraine customs. Maybe we have a possiable flag here.

A few nations do, or have in the past, required ladies to have a certain amount on them as they entered their country. I think the nations who require this are few and not a requirement of many of the major countries. The Bahamas used to require a lady arriving from Russia or the FSU to have at least $200 cash on her upon arrival.

What I hear and see a lot of today is that a lot of scammers are asking for $700 for visa to get into France, or $1100-$1800 for documents for her to come and see him in Germany, England, USA, etc.

Jwood66
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Ukrainian Customs, posted by Jack on May 23, 2003

Thanks fellas.... I'm seeing a little red too....Thanks Jack
John K
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Ukrainian Customs, posted by Jack on May 23, 2003

I heard that Czechoslovakia required the lady to have a large amount of cash on hand ($1000?) before she was allowed to enter the country.  That was a few years ago though.

When Marina travelled to Warsaw 4 or 5 years ago, she and her grandmother had to have $100 per person per day stayed in Poland.  I think the American Embassy told me about that in one of my many emails from them.  That may have changed though, as Poland imports a lot of cheap labor from Ukraine now.

Lynn
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Some countries that might require cash o..., posted by John K on May 23, 2003

My girlfriend had to have a couple hundred bucks to enter the country when she met me in Prague a few years ago. I think it may be linked to the lenth of stay.
Alfred
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

that's an interesting question.  I've always seen the question asked about customs in the country off arrival wanting to be sure that the person had enough funds to support themselves.  

I do know, from previous trips to Ukraine, that there is an upper limit to the amount of money that can leave the country.  There's an amount for Hrivna and another for Dollars (or perhaps foreign currency).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: