Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 05, 2024, 04:30:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What does it take to get an AW to notice you?  (Read 3078 times)
John K
« on: May 23, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

I ran across this site the other day: http://www.trickslips.com  They are fake bank deposit slips with a huge balance in the account.  The theory is you hit on a hot girl in the bar, write your phone number on the back of it and give it to her.  She then later looks at the bank balance and calls you, intent to bag you (and your "cash").

Personally, I have mixed feelings on that one.  First, I don't think I could use such a deceptive method.  Yet, when I think about it, it begins to make perverse sense in a limited way.  If she calls you, then you have a good reason to disqualify her.  But what if she calls you simply because she's interested?  It seems like a catch-22.  You are setting her up to fail.  I'm sure the AW haters, players and misanthropes would love this method.

While there are a large percentage of AW who are very superficial, there are also a number of them who are genuine.  It has been my misfortune to find the genuine ones get snapped up faster than I could find them.  That's not to say others would be so unlucky.  Using the above method, however, is simply destructive.  It is a "get one over on you" technique that does nothing to promote a better relationship between the sexes.

Any comments?

hockeybrain
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to What does it take to get an AW to notice..., posted by John K on May 23, 2003

2.  You look great today.

3.  Talk about your envirnment.........

Be prepared for lots of rejection, and when you find one you like, be prepared for problems, unless you get lucky.  I for one think your odds are greater in the FSU than here.

Zink
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hi, my name is..........., posted by hockeybrain on May 23, 2003

The biggest difference I noted was that pretty girls aren't anything special over there. Here all to often somebody who's merely cute thinks she's god's gift to men and should be treated as such. In Russia if a super model had that attitude the men would tell her to get lost. Plenty of good looking, even tempered, nice women in Russia. No need to get stuck with a b1tch. Even when I was turned down I've never been rejected as sweetly as by some RWs.
DanM
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Hi, my name is..........., posted by Zink on May 23, 2003

Supply and demand between men and women has a little different balance over there indeed. Its interesting to see how that affects behavior between men and women in relationships. It kinda changes the rules a little.
John K
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hi, my name is..........., posted by hockeybrain on May 23, 2003

I guess I'm just more interested in the overall feeling among the readers here.  Being happily married, it's an academic interest.

In the past, there was a lot of AW bashing going on here.  While I really don't want to stir the pot, I'm just curious whether feelings and perceptions have changed.  Are men still angry or are they more resigned to the idea that they will have better chances looking abroad?  Perhaps it's something totally different now?

Myself, it was my growing distrust of AW motives that pushed my view over the ocean.  I felt that I had a better chance of landing a quality mate, if I widened my area of search.  In this day and age, distance isn't as much a difficulty as it was in the past.

Just curious...

DanM
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to It's a moot point for me, anyway., posted by John K on May 23, 2003

I did not pick my RW because of a fear or dislike of AW. I just liked the idea of a RW. I like the accent. Mostly, however, it was just an idea that seemed right. More of a feeling than a logical conclusion. Besides, I needed to try something different. I had gone through a string of relationships and seemed to be making the same mistakes over and over again.

Its not hard to get an AW if you really want one. All you have to do is put yourself out there and not be afraid of hearing no a few times. If you do that, then its really easy to find a girl. Some are into money. Some are into a good body. Some are into a sense of humor. Some are into just about anything you can imagine. Its just a matter of taking stock of your assets and liabilities and then going out there and finding a mutual attrraction.

The problem is finding the right woman whether she be an AW or a RW. I agree with an earlier post that says the best ones are usually snapped up quickly. In fact, I would only add one thing to that comment. About half of the good ones are snapped up and the other half become bitter because of some jerky fool of an AM who gives them a reason to be pessamistic and bitter. Either way, the picking of well adjusted women get pretty slim once you hit 30.

Like I said, for me it was just something I dedcided I wanted to do. Luckily I met a wonderful girl who is more than I ever hoped to find. When you find the right girl my friend, you will stop making all these distinctions between AW and RW and just think about your woman and how lucky you are. : )

Best of luck.

Safari
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to It's a moot point for me, anyway., posted by John K on May 23, 2003

I can't say I distrust all AW motives, although I do feel I always have to
have my defenses on standby.  My primary motivation is that ever since I
was a teenager, I just have always made better connections with foreign
women here in the states, no matter what country they came from.  I still
do, when I have the opportunity to meet them.  I have no beef against
AW...I've dated countless AW and will continue to, because any day I
could find one who is a match.  But ever since I met several RW while
overseas, I've been disqualifying AW much more easily, and I just haven't
even had the desire to pursue them as much. On average, RW are better
looking, more intelligent, nicer, WAY more cultured, played fewer
games, and not surprisingly just clicked better.  As one example, I have
yet to date an AW who knows how to play chess, nor would I dare ask
them to learn.  Anyway, I won't choose an AW until I've tried this
method, and I'm taking it nice and slow, learning Russian first, since I'm
young and have time on my side.
Robert D
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to What does it take to get an AW to notice..., posted by John K on May 23, 2003

A smile, nice hello, and a joke works for me every time.

Confidence man, without being a jerk works,

Robert D.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: