Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 05, 2024, 04:34:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ukraine Visa ?  (Read 1528 times)
JaH
« on: May 07, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Hey, I know that BRAMA is the source for travel info I have been unable to get the answer to my question there, perhaps someone here has experience.

My Ukrainian wife and I will spend some time back in Ukraine (3+ years maybe). I have been offered a job teaching which is good for me, but the purpose for the extended Business Visa gives me some concern. Depending on the website you check, an incitation is required or not. I can get this without problem. But if I state "work" as a purpose, will I have trouble with getting a Visa without a work permit first? Are there other reasons I can state for the purpose that will get the Visa for 3 years?

Any help would be appreciated.

SeanT
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Ukraine Visa ?, posted by JaH on May 7, 2003

I can address part if your situation. I have a Ukrainian 5-year unlimited entry visa - an П-2 type. I had no problem getting it because I'm married to a Ukrainian citizen. You'll need to give them certified copies of your wedding certificate and photocopy wifes Ukrainian passport. My wife arranged the whole thing with the Ukrainian embassy in Budapest. But you will likely require a residency permit and a work permit. That's the way it works for expats in Hungary and I'd bet Ukraine is similar. Double check that with a Ukraianian embassy/consolate in the U.S... but I'd bet it's accurate. I'd get the visa in the U.S. and discuss the permits with them. If they say "no problem" - good. If they balk, then I'd get the residency/work permits after you're in Ukraine. Once you're already there, extentions/adjustments can be made. In Ukraine, it's amazing what a box of good chocolates and $50 can do to make people interested in helping you. Hopefully your wife is the "resourseful" type - mine is. If so, she should be able to do the sweet talking and arrange a solution.

Hope that helps...

Sean

Charles
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Ukraine Visa ?, posted by JaH on May 7, 2003

As I read the requirements set forth on the Ukrainian embassy website, a U.S. citizen does not require an invitation to obtain a business visa, although I am sure that is helpful.  In addition, the same website says that a multiple entry visa for a U.S. citizen is good for up to 5 years.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: