Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 27, 2024, 09:33:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advance Parole Help!  (Read 4892 times)
RRH
« on: December 26, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

I know there is a lot of info regarding the Advance Parole, but help please.
We filled out the AOS some time ago for my wife but do not have an interview yet.
Her son is with her mother, attending school in Ukraine. Now her mother is ill and having trouble. We filled out the I-131 in early December, we just got the initial receipt from INS. I know I waited too long, but all accounts I had seen were that the document took little time. Now she is supposed to fly Saturday and is very, very upset about not having this yet (as I am also). I went to the INS office here, in Atlanta, and was told that only 30 days after the funds were cashed, if the document had not already been issuded, would they issue it the same day. And only if it was for documented medical reasons. Huh? Now I thought I had read that some guys here had gone the same day and gotten it done.
So my questions are: Has anyone done this? Is there any other way? Does she have to go and get the document, or can I? The INS officer first said it was better if she came down, then said she must sign, whats right? And if she goes without the Advance parole....? Any options?
All your help and advice would be appreciated!
Thanks.
Rags
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Advance Parole Help!, posted by RRH on Dec 26, 2002

It was my impression that they (Sacramento office) would issue one the same day if you had a good reason for needing it ASAP (they didn't elaborate on what they would accept) and paid the $110 fee (per person). I would assume that you would need a picture to go with it also.

Charles
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Advance Parole Help!, posted by RRH on Dec 26, 2002

We had the same situation about a year and a half ago.  We went in person to the Baltimore INS office with the applicaton filled out and received the advance parole documents in about one hour.  If she goes without the AP, it may be construed as an abandonment of her AOS.  If you live near Atlanta, I would suggest getting up very early tomorrow and going to the INS office (get there at least a half hour before the scheduled opening time), and see if you can get this issued that day.  You can state on the application that she needs to travel because her mother is ill, and they are required to issue the AP.  I believe she must go with you in person to receive the document.  She also needs two pictures, but they may waive that since you already filed.  Of course, with INS, being over-prepared is best.  If they won't issue it, she should delay her travel until the AP is issued.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: