Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 27, 2024, 06:21:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K-1 Visa......How many times?  (Read 12789 times)
Travis
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to As long..., posted by BarryM on Dec 23, 2002

I don't think this is going to be the case, at least not now. She is under court order to leave the country otherwise she will be in contempt of court. My concern is her coming back and trying to use the AOS.
John LV
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to imho, posted by greg2 on Dec 22, 2002

I agree completely with your first paragraph, I've been thinking the same thing.

As far as filing a class action suit, I'm not a lawyer, so really I don't know, but I do know it's virtually impossible to successfully sue the United States Government, they are far too powerful. And those cases where someone does successfully sue the Government, get put into case law for future reference.

The reason the INS does not send girls back home is a practical one. First some of these girls do get mistreated, so it's not their fault. So how can the INS tell for certain who is the crazy one, the girl or the guy? Secondly, even if they could figure this out with accuracy, how would they follow the thousands of cases all over the country, what agents are going to do this? From where will new money come to hire such agents?

It's just a very dangerous proposition to travel 8,000 miles, hardly meet someone, and then bring that person all the way over to the USA, (where no matter what she would like to come) and marry this person when in fact you really don't know them at all.

It's like going down to the bar tonight, picking out a nice looking, maybe even hot chic and saying, "hey babe, let's you and me go down to the "drive through marriage" here in Vegas and get married? Then we will live the rest of our lives together and be very happy. And just to make my offer extra appealing, I'm a multi-millionaire, I live in a huge mansion up on the hill where everybody is rich, happy, and successful, a paradise compared to the mobile home park you currently live, and there are all kinds of things to do there and see which you have never seen before.

But when you come, you will miss your home, your family, and even your friends. It will be a strange place for you, and it will take time getting used to, but you will probably learn to like it.

Now then, what are the chances of this relationship working out with this girl whom you just met at a bar, had a few drinks with, maybe even danced a bit together, and then went out and got married?

Now throw in all kinds of things for extra variables.
1. Different language.
2. Completely different culture, way of life, way of thinking.
3. Misunderstanding based upon language barrier.
4. Having to teach everything, from little things to big things.
5. Initial cost is very expensive, to do properly would take at a minimum, 10K to 30K.
6. Wife is far from home, misses family, friends, and social events and activities normally familiar with.
7. Having a long distance relationship for a long time.
8. The possibility of wife putting on a facade only to gain permanent residency in the United States.

It's a miracle this process works for anyone, but it does. If done properly, this can turn out successful, but you need the following.

1. Have your life together first 100%.
2. Make sure you have at least 10K before even starting, and you will need more when she gets here.
3. Do this right, it's going to take a lot of work on your part, meeting many woman, taking time to get to know them, flying out to meet them multiple times, and in my opinion, hiring a private investigator to check the girl out, try to determine who she really is.

In any event, this is a very dangerous affair, let the reader beware, do not take this whole idea lightly, and if you do it, do it right, or be willing to pay the price for that mistake.

David

Globetrotter
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: imho, posted by John LV on Dec 22, 2002

And the "fog" has lifted!  I think so also, which is why I can't "pull the trigger" even though I love my squeeze and have met her 3 times over 2 years.

Anything can happen and people change.  I may start going to church again on Sundays!  Not.

This is still the most difficult thing anyone in their lifetime will ever do.  If you know something more difficult
please tell me!  So.....don't take it so lightly, and cover your ass, just in case.

Travis
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: imho, posted by Globetrotter on Dec 23, 2002

CYA.....Ain't that the truth!!!! Fortunatly, I did Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: