Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 11:26:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone tried this?  (Read 2239 times)
ChrisNJ
« on: December 24, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

http://unforgettablelanguages.com/frames_a6.html
Alfred
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Anyone tried this?, posted by ChrisNJ on Dec 24, 2002

Here is a link to a set of Russian Language lessons by a Professor at Bucknell University. http://www.departments.bucknell.edu/russian/language/

It's been a while since this was posted and I thought it might be interesting.

Alf

unsure
Yes
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Anyone tried this?, posted by ChrisNJ on Dec 24, 2002

I bought the course.  It's very unprofessional in it's design but the content is quite good.  I have never completed the last 20% or so.  Some of the things they tell you to think of to help you remember are ridiculous but a lot of them help.

The best part about the course is that it actually teaches you grammar rules one by one (no memorizing phrases).  The worst part is that it does it all using the English alphabet (transliteration) and it doesn't help you to learn the Russian alphabet.  Overall, I am very glad I bought it and I think it has helped me immensely.

I think you'll like it if you can get over the crudely done interface.  What I learned was sure worth more than 30 bucks.

Hope that helps,

John

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: