Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 11:30:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Answering a few questions  (Read 26055 times)
Frank O
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Answering a few questions, posted by Jack on Dec 15, 2002

meeting more than 1 girl. I am one of those that had trouble writing to more than 1 girl. I was writing several & narrowed it down to "the one". Well to cover my a$_ I wrote Jack JUST IN CASE things did NOT go well. Well I had 4 great days then she disappeared for whatever reason. HOWEVER I had NO shortage of women over there. I even met 2 through Jack on my final day in Kiev (I was in Lugansk for 2 weeks). I do NOT regreat my approach however I was true to myself. By the way the guides/interpretors, agencies, & flats Jack can set up for us are GREAT! I will use them whenever I travel to Urkaine. Guys, you just have to take care of youselves. By the way I did NOT have sex with any girls on my trip though there were 2 opportunities (I saw a total of 6 girls). What Jack said about "poor girls" with TV's, VCR's, microwaves etc is true. The AVERAGE person can't afford such luxuries so those are DEAD GIVEAWAYS. Anyways I'm rambling now.
Zink
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Great post I agree about...., posted by Frank O on Dec 16, 2002

I don't know about Ukraine but in Russia it seemed to be common to have TVs, VCRs and some sort of CD player. Microwaves weren't common though. Personal computers in the home were also very rare but I do know a few people who have one. I only know two people who had home internet access. Granted this is only based on my visiting about 10 apartments with friends and the ones that I wrote to. Most of the Russians I know don't have much money but they do have many of the comforts that I do in my home.
Frank O
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Great post I agree about...., posted by Zink on Dec 16, 2002

Most of the people I'm talking about were from Lugansk as I only spent 1 full day in Kiev. In Lugansk even cd players were considered a luxury. Much less all the other stuff. I have a friend who is getting scammed by a girl (refuses to see this kind of like Dave) & was told they were having "financial problems" however on his next trip they had not one but TWO Color tv's, a new fridge & stove! Wow, I'd like to have financial "problems' where I could actually prosper! Anyways in Lugansk most people did not have such things at least not the ones I met. My lady did not even have HOT water where she lived or a phone or a cd player.
Zink
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Great post I agree about...., posted by Frank O on Dec 16, 2002

Actually I think phones are rarer than TVs. I'm not saying that you're wrong. I've never been to Lugansk(or anywhere else in Ukraine) and people tell me that Ukrainians have less money than Russians. But I've yet to meet any Russians who don't at least have a TV and a radio. I wouldn't call it a red flag if they have these things. Now if they've got a car, computer, stereo system and are still begging for money... could be trying to pull something. Just my opinion.
juio99
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Great post I agree about...., posted by Zink on Dec 16, 2002

I also found microwaves to be rare, even in St. Petersburg.  A couple of ladies told me they were thought of as being 'unsafe' because of the rays.  Don't know how widespread that view is, as I never talked about it with more than 3-4 people.

Some of the apartment rentals that cater to westerners do have microwaves, but the ladies still look at them with suspicion.  One insisted on leaving the room when I used it.

JR

ChrisNJ
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Microwaves, posted by juio99 on Dec 16, 2002

n/t
deatchef
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

I like this idea alot!
Can you let us know which publications worked for you?
I have a friend in Nizhniy novgorod. Maybe i can have her help me place my ad.
Thanks Jack,
going to your site now!
Jack
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to how bout a list of the publications to p..., posted by deatchef on Dec 16, 2002

deatchef I am referring to local newspapers.

Right now the central and eastern portion of Ukraine produces pretty good results. We have a pretty good deal with one editor in this region who owns several newspapers so the guys get pretty good coverage. This is a region that covers from the south eastern outskirts of Kiev, not Kiev it's self but the far south-eastern outskirts of Kiev to Cherkassy, Dnepropetrovsk, Donetsk, Zaporizhzhya, Mariupol. In addition to these cities you have many, many small cities and villiages in between. In some of these cities you have a weekly newspaper published but most cities have at least two weekly publications with the bigger cities having publications three and four times a week.

You have another fairly good region, the far east of Ukraine which includes Kharkov and Lugansk and all the surrounding cities and those in-between.

The Odessa, Nikolaev, Kherson region can also produce (it is the region in which I found my bride).

You might also consider the Novosibersk/Omsk region as well the Volgograd/ Volzhsky and Rostov/Sochi area's.

Watcher
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Good essay on subject. I think that you just got a new customer!
Rags
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Thanks for taking the time to respond as I know that this information will be helpful to those who are now begining their "Quest" as well as those who are considering the possibilities.

I totally agree with your opinion on the placement of a personal ad getting more responses from sincere ladies. There is also wisdom in what you say about finding a woman who is searching for a good man not a change in venue.

I wish that I had known then, what I know now. It was all good, but get when you get it right it's incredible!

MtMav
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

N/T
Cold Warrior
Wow
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by Cold Warrior]

Thanks for taking the time to write this excellent piece of advice. BTW my plans for RW are on the hold for the moment but I'll get back to you as soon as I reactivate.

Thanks again

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: