Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 11:21:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Answering a few questions  (Read 26053 times)
Pordzhik
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Very interesting. Nicky Garratt rocked....., posted by BURKE89 on Dec 20, 2002

but American for sure. I think got started with other bands after the Subs and runs a record label now.

Plenty of Americans began arriving in London about 75-76 and getting involved in that music and lifestyle and getting re-exported. New Yorkers and Chicago-ians? seem mostly.

BURKE89
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Don't know where from, posted by Pordzhik on Dec 21, 2002

Pordzhik,

Were you a fan of my youthful favorites? For example: S.L.F., The Buzzcocks, The Damned, The Jam, Eater, The Adverts, Upstarts and, of course Joe & Paul - sans Mick ( he did compose some grand pop tunes's, however, eh?).

N.Y. and L.A. (Chicago was never a factor), for the the most part, adapted ( I'm not sure of imports, to the U.K.) against the "$1,000,000 meditation rug's" ala- Mr. Clampton" et all.

My English is wretched; yet try Chicagoans. A sound portion of my family is from there (Chicago).

Merry Christmas,

Vaughn

Frank O
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: The allure of the exotic......., posted by Pordzhik on Dec 17, 2002

Well, classical is NOT my bag though I guess I COULD brush up. I tend to stick to what I'm good at. I come from the 80's scene like Van Halen, Steve Vai, Randy Rhoads etc. The whole guitar soloist thing is what I'm good at. Lately I've been doing a LOT of Shakira, Mana, Santana etc. I'm really good at that as well. The Shakira I love really. A lot more rhythm playing & not as much soloing. I don't know I'll see what happens. I'd like to check out the hot guitarists in Kiev & see what I'm up against.
Frank O
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Another thing, posted by Oscar on Dec 16, 2002

Galina is GREAT!!!! I had a blast with her. She showed me around town & we hung out quite a bit. I really enjoyed my time with her. She even took me to another ladies marriage agency so I could hook up with other girls. I really was NOT interested but I'm glad I went because I went out with this chick that looked like Shakira! LOL!! The manager of the agency liked me & how I looked (long hair, harley boots, leather pants, silk shirt, leather jacket etc) & said she had the PERFECT girl for me. I was like no I don't think so...till I saw the pic! LOL!!! Then I was like "Yes, I must meet this young lady!". I met her after 11:00 PM when she got out of work. We had a great time & I'll be seeing her on my next visit. She was NOT what I would have looked for in a girl but she was VERY nice.
Anyways I think Galina is great & we still keep in touch weekly. I can't wait to go back. I promised her a bottle of Tequila next time I go back!
Rags
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to no disrespect mean AT ALL but Galina is ..., posted by Frank O on Dec 16, 2002

She really cares about you and goes way above and beyond the call of duty (like bringing you a locksmith at 2 AM 'cause you sheared off your key in one of those "three lock box" doors Smiley

BTW, I think that she's the Kyiv Mgr. now. Poor girl, I sure wouldn't want the job of babysitting us stupid Americanyuts. She does it so well (with a smile).

Frank O
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Yeah, Galina ROCKS, posted by Rags on Dec 17, 2002

Yah I remember the time I was there she had been up over 24 hrs in a row. What a trooper!
Oscar
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to no disrespect mean AT ALL but Galina is ..., posted by Frank O on Dec 16, 2002

Yep, Galina was very helpful to me as well.  Since she met my girl through my ad, they have become great friends and she has helped my girl in many ways..

The big difference is that to me Galina does not just do this for a paycheck, she honesly cares about the people she is trying to help and I think it shows..

Frank O
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: no disrespect mean AT ALL but Galina..., posted by Oscar on Dec 16, 2002

pretty funny I was on St. Andrews descent & was looking for t shirts. Well there was one that had Lenis throwing the finger with the words "F*** Revolution!" written on it. I liked it. Well she told me that gesture (the finger) was new to them. That it only came around within the last say 2-5 years. Well she saw it in a movie & started using it. She was telling about a client of hers who is now a friend who she was talking to & while talking she was flicking him the bird!@#$ So anyways the guy is freaking out like "what the heck is this woman doing?!" LOL!!! Well he finally asks her & she tells him she saw this in a movie. Well he explains what it meant & they both had a laught! LOL! Man I had a great time with her. Anyways I bought another shirt one with a KGB agent on it reading a Playboy magazine with a bottle of vodka which says "I work for the KGB" & the flip side says "trust no one!".
Yes she really cares about the client unlike some other agencies I worked with while over there. She is great I can't say enough about her.
Pordzhik
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to agreed...did she flick you the bird whil..., posted by Frank O on Dec 16, 2002

First week mine was here in England, we were shopping and the assistant didn't understand her accent, so my wife put up two fingers to indicate two. The assistants face was a picture! I was helpless.
Frank O
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Reverse Churchill, posted by Pordzhik on Dec 17, 2002

Pretty funny man!!! Oh I've just GOT to buy that shirt next time I go!
Frank O
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Another thing, posted by juio99 on Dec 16, 2002

I figure like you said charge by the word & they'll make they're money. If anything they'll make MORE money. Oh well.
I agree also because MOST of the letters I got did NOT match AT ALL to what I was looking for. For example I do NOT like blondes. I had a lot of blondes writing me. I guess that's nitpicking but given a choice between a blonde & a brunnette 9 out of 10 times I'll go with the blonde. That's JUST the physical what about the other stuff...dang you can REALLY eliminate of lot of them right off the bat. They say they don't smoke then they show up & they're a pack a day smokers etc. Many are NOT what they say in letters. That further complicates things.
hockeybrain
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Another thing, posted by juio99 on Dec 16, 2002

JR - What more can you ask for in a personal advertisement other than: intelligent, honest, sincere, loyal, (height range, age) beautiful, (thin, shapely, athletic) (eye color?) etc. for a girl anyway???
juio99
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Another thing, posted by hockeybrain on Dec 16, 2002

Well, it gets to be more difficult than you might think.  I just checked my info re my ad and it was limited to 30 words.  For me the 30 words included some about me and listed my requirments for the gal.  But I couldn't come close to getting even the basics in.  Also the 30 words included e-mail address.  I also specified they must be able to communicate in English without intrepreter.  This ad was only in one newpaper that was distributed in SPb.  But even so, I wanted to avoid receiving any replies from gals outside the SPb area so that I would not waste their time, so I had to state that also.

So why don't you give it a whirl and see what you can come up with in 30 words by including the above about English and living in SPb area along with something about yourself and several basic requirements for the gal.  :-))  Let us know how you fared.

As Oscar stated, even when you lay out the basics, some ladies will not pay any attention.  For example, I require above 5 feet 4 inches and slender.  Obviously I couldn't include a chart showing max weight for every height.  The best I could do was say:  Slender, min height of 5 feet 4 and max weight of 140 regardless of height (I translated these to metric).  So I get one reply from a gal who never would exactly tell me the stats.  She looked decent and had a lot going re education and professional job, so I played along.  Finally, when I got to SPb I gave her a phone call and she admitted that she was 5 feet 4 and weighed 140.  I said:  "That is not even close to slender."  She said:  "I met your min re height and am not over your max for weight."  Needless to say, I did not meet with her.

Another lady who lived a day away from SPb also wrote me, ignoring my statement about location.  I guess a family member from SPb had told her about my ad in SPb newpaper.  I wrote her a very nice reply saying we could not meet because I would only be in SPb.  She wrote back really chewing me out about true love not being bounded by locations etc.

JR

Bobby Orr
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Another thing, posted by juio99 on Dec 17, 2002

JR - soon I will be placing advertisements with the help of your good friend.  I am sorry you had bad luck advertising.  The advertisement I devised was within the limits and said what I wanted - but I did not include an English requirement.  In any event, I'll let you know how they turn out for me.  I have a feeling it is alot about where and when you place the advertisement.  One other thing - when you place an advertisement in the future do not worry about the weight.  Just put the height.  Most girls in the FSU under 40 are thin.  Respond to the girls who send back pictures you are attracted to.  Otherwise........next seems the best option.
tim360z
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Answering a few questions, posted by Jack on Dec 15, 2002

for your clear and lucid POV.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: