Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 11:30:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Prayer  (Read 13757 times)
Charles
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Ban David..  He Sounds Like Hitl..., posted by thesearch on Dec 17, 2002

I won't debate this any further.  In this instance, it is the mere engaging in racial stereotypes (whites are more intelligent and accomplished; blacks are better athletes) as there was plenty of, to use your term "other dialogue" in the posts above it to show its true context.  David's statement wasn't couched in statistics (which I could write forever about to show how wrong you are) that you used to defend him, it was a response to an inflammatory post where he noted the race of a member of this board who has posted a million times before and, when it was suggested that this was racist, he made a statement because of his ethnic heritage he was more intelligent than an African-American member of this board.  He has repeatedly remarked about his superior intelligence.  I really don't have any problem with David's posts about his problems - I even tried to give him advice as did others and, as noted elsewhere, enjoy hearing his latest brain fart - but, regardless of that, these racial responses have no place in any of these discussions.
thesearch
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re:  Go Ahead and Coddle the Racist..., posted by Charles on Dec 17, 2002

" David's statement wasn't couched in statistics (which I could write forever about to show how wrong you are) that you used to defend him,"

First of all, I was not defending David. I was merely stating that the quote of him in itself can not be labeled racist IMHO for the reasons that I mentioned.

I have no need for you to comment on the following as I am not racist and thus it is really unimportant to me. My best friend in college was Afro-American. He was more evolved than most humans that I have known. I try to judge people by how they act versus who they are.

However, you say that you can prove me wrong about academic accomplishments as they are documented do not support that Anglo-Saxon peoples have not been more prolific in the academia world as compared to Africans?

Hmmmm ----- not saying that you are wrong - it is just that everything that I have seen is contrary to this.

Even if I am correct, does this mean that Africans are less intelligent? I do not think that is the case, I believe it is more about opportunity and what one views as important.

For example, there is a  high school in my area that has three major races represented in this school in fairly equal proportions --- Asians, Caucasians, and Afro-Americans. This is the same order that they rank in academics in that school. I asked a teacher that I know who teaches there why she thought that was. Her comment was that the Asian parents think that education is very important, with the Caucasian parents being less so and the parents of Afro-American students being the least interested in their children's education. She said this was the consensus of the teachers in that school.

Also, why is it that we have had for many years now reverse discrimination of Caucasians compared to Afro-Americans relative to gaining acceptance to higher educational opportunities? If you are Black, you do not need as high a gpa to be accepted in many programs across the country. More qualified students are rejected to facilitate an increased influx of Afro-Americans into higher education. Now, if they were doing as well in the academic world this would not be needed would it?  

I remember reading about a study that found that the average brain size of black people was smaller than that of Caucasians. This has been some ammunition for racists I recall. I personally laughed because maybe (if the study is correct) they very likely might have smaller brains because their brains are more efficient LOL. Everything is how you want to look at it.

Mike
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Not about that, posted by thesearch on Dec 18, 2002

I too am not racist, but instead judge things by what's in front of my eyes. I was in the Marines for 3 years lived in the same barrack with 30 guys and also had friends of color that were equal in my eyes, but I seen many more that fell into that so called sterio type.

Mike

BURKE89
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re:  Go Ahead and Coddle the Racist..., posted by Charles on Dec 17, 2002

Namibia for ya; only if your skin-color/tribal-links and politics are correct.

Read a little Thomas Sowell, you poor confused lad.

For Freedom,

Vaughn

Charles
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Charlie, I've a piece of property in..., posted by BURKE89 on Dec 17, 2002

I think you needs to read a little Thomas Sowell, who I have quoted in appellate briefs successfully challenging  affirmative action programs in the construction industry.  As your friend Sowell points out, racial classifications should be irrelevant and everyone should be judged on individual merit.  Just because I'm German doesn't mean I'm smarter than you and just because I'm black doesn't mean I can hit the ball further.  As one who has stood up for so long for the right of person to be judged on their merits and not on the color of their skin, I was quite amused by your comments.
BURKE89
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Charlie, I've a piece of property in..., posted by Charles on Dec 17, 2002

I cannot disagree with anything in your last post, period. However, in referring to Mr Sowell, I was was speaking of his many works on cultural strengths and deficiencies (I'm certain, you're aware of his entire body of work).

It was you, not me, who bounced the Hiltlerian ball about. Is this correct, or not? Shirley's comments were as benign, and semi-accurate, as Jimmy the Greek's prattle a few year's back. Were they not?

Being that you're in the legal profession, and I'm but a mere salesman of industrial products... I do have a simple query for you: why do you have such need for this pristine homogeneous world that, you profess to believe in?

I rather like, and appreciate people's cultural differences in their native lands.

Why don't you?

Charles
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I'm glad you were amused., posted by BURKE89 on Dec 17, 2002

[This message has been edited by Charles]

Hey Vaughan, I love diversity.  Why else would I have married an RW?
Pordzhik
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I'm glad you were amused., posted by Charles on Dec 17, 2002

For looking for a foriegn wife.

To add a different dimension to my life, that and the bonus of mother-in-law being far away.

Dan
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Charles, posted by thesearch on Dec 16, 2002

David (the nut) has posted so much inane drivel it isn't worth the time and energy to keep up with it all.

I can tell you - with absolute certainty - that is was David that initiated the open disgusting bigoted commentary. It was not provoked and it was David's sole initiative to take the thread in that direction. I didn't comment on any of his crap till that point.

The guy is a waste of good O2.

- Dan

thesearch
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Greg, posted by Dan on Dec 16, 2002

Knowing you Dan, I will take your word for it.

However, I think that it was good for him to hit the forum just for individuals to see what can happen. Obviously David is functioning from an emotional state versus a logical one and that in itself can be very draining.

johnnydudeman
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: My Prayer is That He'll Be Banned So..., posted by Charles on Dec 16, 2002

I've been seeing posts lately with mentions of prayers and God and Satan and the "blood of Jesus" and links to churches and quotes of passages fom the bible.  Generally, when people want religious indoctrination they go to church or they seek out a religious board where there are other like-minded posters.  It would be nice to be able to post and receive secular insider information regarding the FSU and "the search" without being subjected to everyone's different religious beliefs on this board.

I also think those who are so quick to ask for Patrick to ban someone should begin by self-imposing their own ban on that individual and not read his posts, much the way mark claims to have done with LP.

Griffin
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to My Prayer, posted by Pordzhik on Dec 16, 2002

Lynn
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to My Prayer, posted by Pordzhik on Dec 16, 2002

I will second that. Had I taken the time to read more before I responded to the post below, I would never have wasted the keystrokes.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: