Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 11:33:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Child out of Ukraine  (Read 2157 times)
MarkInTx
« on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

There was much debate about this awhile back, and although our experiences aren't definitive, I thought I would pass it along, anyway...

We had a letter from the father.

Victoria was never asked for it.

Also, she did something at the police station (I think) and had them write Stas' name in her passport. (I'm not sure what that was all about)

However, having said all of that... Victoria feels that anyone SHOULD have a letter, because some customs/passport officials can be very thorough, and she thinks it is very possible that she COULD have been asked for it.

Rags
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Child out of Ukraine, posted by MarkInTx on Dec 16, 2002

Asked for or not, it doesn't hurt to have one. There could be some major hassles not only with the government (passport control) but with the EX (if he gets jelous or something). I'm sure that with a well placed bribe, he could cause problems for all of you when you return to visit.

My wife did get one, and it was pretty ugly I guess, but it felt really good to have it in our possession. (Actually she said that the initial look on his face kinda made the rest not so bad. LOL!!!)

Oscar
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Child out of Ukraine, posted by MarkInTx on Dec 16, 2002

Yes, there was a lot of discussion about this a while back.  Supposedly if the woman has her divorce papers in order and has full custody of her child, there should not CURRENTLY be a problem BUT, I agree it's definintely best if there is no problem getting a letter, to have it.  My girl had no problem getting a letter from her ex but I will be highly surprised if she is asked for one, but we'll see.  Better to have it and not need it than the other way around..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: