Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 10:06:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What ever happened to Mark the rancher  (Read 4582 times)
Robert D
« on: December 17, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

A long time ago there was a guy who use to post on the board.  He was a rancher as I recall and talked often about living cheaply and ranching and living away from cities.   He was searching for a RW, and I wonder what ever happened to him.   He had some interesting points of view and also an interesting life style.

Anyone know what happpened to him.

I just got back from Read Wood country and thought about him when I saw so many nice places in the mountains away from all the crazy life in towns.

Robert D.

Robert D
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to What ever happened to Mark the rancher, posted by Robert D on Dec 17, 2002

Perhaps his name was not Mark.   I just remembered he lived on a ranch in some rural area and liked it very much.  I had some questions about that as I am looking at property and a way to change my lifestyle.

Robert D.

don1
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: What ever happened to Mark the ranch..., posted by Robert D on Dec 18, 2002

There was a guy who occaisionally posted here , I think he lived in a rural area or on a farm . Just had a baby boy a little over a month ago ; so maybe he's kinda busy right now...His name was Marty , I think...Is that who you mean? Try looking in the archives , maybe around the end of October / beginning of November ....

mender
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: What ever happened to Mark the ranch..., posted by Robert D on Dec 18, 2002

Was it Dante the farmer/rancher ?
BarryM
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: What ever happened to Mark the r..., posted by mender on Dec 18, 2002

I believe he is an Iowa or Illinois pig farmer. He hasn't posted for several months.

-blm

Robert D
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to King Dande..., posted by BarryM on Dec 18, 2002

Gosh, I will try the archive.   He was the one that often gave advice on chaning lifestyle and living inexpensively.   I enjoyed reading some of his post, although I did not agree with his politics, I found his approach akin the "On Walden Pond".  

I just wondered if he found a wife he was looking for to complete his version of happiness as I did wish him luck.

Robert D.

Jack
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: King Dande..., posted by Robert D on Dec 19, 2002

Rob, Barry, I'm not sure if he is talking about KiNg daNde or not, but that was first who popped into my mind. Then again, it's hard to confuse a Mark, or sometyhing like that, with a kiNg daNde!

Rob last I heard from the KiNg he was pretty much having to concentrate on his land and critters. I think he was getting frustrated in not being able to go overseas, but thinking he wanted too. I also think he was looking long and hard as to if a Russian woman could really cope with his lifestyle. daNde's experience was something. I wonder how many new guys here ever heard about our KiNg daNde.

I don't remember all the details now but as I re-call kiNg daNde meet a Russian woman and brought her over on a K-1 and the lady was apparently very sweet, sincere, but was not expecting the type life style that kiNg daNde lived. daNde shared much of what was going on in his life prior to her coming and as she arrived. After only a three or four weeks I think it was pretty much decided she was going back home, per her wishes. I think she stayed the full 90 days, or close to it, and helped daNde around the farm and she really changed, or no it was cleaned, she really cleaned the house. Only after she washed the windows did daNde realize that it wasn't always cloudy outside. I think there was a LOT to be learned with daNde's pursuit with one of those things being if you owned a pig farm you might tell this to your Russian fiancee before she get's here!

My guess is daNde checks in here once every blue moon and reads a little. kiNg daNde, if you read this let us know how you are doing?  Just write Patrick an e-mail and he will explain (in a few days) how you can register to post.

Robert D
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Long live the kiNg!, posted by Jack on Dec 19, 2002

Thanks for the info.   I think we have the same guy.   I am sorry it did not work for him as I was rooting for him.  Sounds like he may have lived alone a little too long.   I don't think I could ever raise pigs, but sheep may be nice.   I found some nice places within a few miles of the ocean in Norther California Redwood country that I liked very much and it looked peacefull and nice way of life.  I am in my late 40's and looking into the future for a place to retire quitely, early if possible.

Robert D.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: