Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 30, 2024, 10:27:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caribbean Island Visit??  (Read 1501 times)
rickmoe
« on: September 26, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

Being an East Coaster, I would like to meet my Ukrainian Lady in a warm Caribbean Island some time this winter. Which one(s) would be easiest for her entry?
Thanks

Rick G

robobond
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Caribbean Island Visit??, posted by rickmoe on Sep 26, 2002

At one time I was seeking a pleasant meeting place for myself and a lady from Volgograd.  The key word here is "pleasant".  I seem to remember Jamaica as a non-visa entry locale from Russia -- don't know re: Ukraine though... so don't quote me on this.

I didn't follow through with this plan - instead I went back to see her in Volgograd for 3 more weeks over the Xmas/New Years holidays - froze my Oregonian ass off!  Had I have been a bottomless pit, I sure would have opted for Jamaica.  I ended up doing 1 more round in Volgograd because while I could get to Jamaica from OR for about $6-800, her ticket from Moscow would have cost me about $3,700 round trip. Plus, this would have been the peak of the tourist season in Jamaica (ie, bend over on hotel rates - middle of the road cost might have been $1,400-2,000 for 2 weeks)-- with some food/entertainment, this looked like about a $7-8,000 price tag for 2 weeks.  Even if I scotched as much as possible, I smelled well over 5 bills.  Instead I flew to Volgograd for less than $900 round trip, stayed in her apartment for free, bought her family's groceries (she likes to cook) and our entertainment for maybe $400 total over 3 weeks...

My point is that meeting in an outside country w/o idiotic visa requirements sounds great on the surface but the total costs can eat you alive -- 3 of these "2 week dates" could easily run me up a $15k tab.  Yeah, I liked the better climate idea (Volograd used to be Stalingrad - it was a major battle and turning point of WWII -- the Germans bombed the city relentlessly for over 6 months -- made total toast of the entire metro area (I'm talking a few hundred thousand Russian people wasted) and finally LOST the contest because that winter it hit 40 below Celsius and the Ruskies had better pocket warmers! -- that's some serious cold.) and I liked the idea of an island full of friendly Jamaicans jibbering away in a language I could mostly understand.

Good luck on your quest for developing a better mousetrap and please don’t mind me because I’m on an obvious rant.  It’s an uphill battle, man.

hockeybrain
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Caribbean Island Visit??, posted by rickmoe on Sep 26, 2002

I think the Dominican Republic is the Island most people meet FSU women at.
rojak
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Caribbean Island Visit??, posted by hockeybrain on Sep 27, 2002

Hockeyguy, I got real excited when I saw this post because I'm looking for a closer place than Ukr. to meet wife's family. But every Dominican Republic website I searched that listed authorized visitors to D R did not list Ukr. citizens. Russian visitors were OK as were a handful of other countries. But no mention of Ukr. Do you have a website that contradicts this? (Hopefully!) Thanks!
rickmoe
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Caribbean Island Visit??, posted by hockeybrain on Sep 27, 2002

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: