Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 30, 2024, 05:23:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Russia's biggest model agency winds down"  (Read 5286 times)
wilmc
« on: July 15, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

The BBC News just reported that the Red Stars, Russia's biggest and best-known modelling agency has announced sweeping cutbacks.

"It looks like the end of a dream for hundreds of thousands (of) Russian girls."

"The agency's boss promised a comeback should the situation change."
"Until then, it will be more difficult for Russia's populist politicians to continue accusing the 'greedy West' of stealing the country's most valuable resources - oil, brains and beauty."

I am not sure what effect this will have upon the availability of FSU MOB's but I assume that it will encourage more to seek husbands and opportunities in the West.

I make no value judgements, I just share the news where I believe it may be relevant.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/business/newsid_2125000/2125889.stm

wsbill
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to "Russia's biggest model agency wind..., posted by wilmc on Jul 15, 2002

Reaching them...the trickle down effect.
Ryan
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Just means the recession were in is ..., posted by wsbill on Jul 15, 2002

Give me a break!  I have more work now then in a long time.  I'm an Architect and everyone is building commerical and residential.  Just because your stocks took a dump don't go spreading doom and gloom my way.  Detroit is doing fine.....

So have you got any women on the line?  When is your next trip?  Are they still buying the tomato's?  You should be making hand over fist!

Bob C
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Recession???, posted by Ryan on Jul 15, 2002

I don't think the demand for real estate is necessarily a good indicator for end of recession.  I think people are buying house because they think it's good investment now that the stocks are keep going down.  Many people cut their losses and sold their stocks.  What will they do with the cash?  Buy a house!  Anyway, this is what I did.  Perhaps real estate is "booming", but the general economy is still suffering. Sad
Ryan
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Recession???, posted by Ryan on Jul 15, 2002

Just finalized a deal for me to move into some new digs on the lake.  Gota love the breeze....lol

Taking the old Kmarts and revamping them for new retail.  It all goes in cycles....

Ryan
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Recession???, posted by Ryan on Jul 15, 2002

Hang on tight don't say dam say double whammy whow....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: