Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 30, 2024, 09:36:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Check out this deal , fly Virgin  (Read 13620 times)
wsbill
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Cameras, why don't you buy, posted by Jack on May 18, 2002

it's the size of the compact flash memory card.  If your getting lousy pictures, what you have to do is don't compress the photos.

I've had my Nikon 950 for atleast 2 years now and the first thing I did was buy a larger CF card.

If their photos they are shooting are only capturing 50k worth of photo I can guarantee that's where you problems are coming from.  That's too small.  All of those photos I have take were from my digital camera.

Your right on about the speed of the cameras in low light situations.  That's why you "TURN OFF THE 'FLASH' and shoot the picture without the flash... yea.

Have Rostick try this out the next time he is at a disco and of course fwd the pictures to us, for critical viewing - of course.

This will solve some problems for those posted shots in low light, but for the folks that are dancing (fast moving) well, that's where you've got to shoot that picture with your 35mm with a big flash.

Depending on how many pictures Rostick takes, I think a CF card no larger than 48MB would be ok and would be really cheap in price, probably less than $30.

Where as if you a guy getting ready to make his first trip to Ukraine/Russia.  Buy a Nikon 995 and get a CF card 128MB or larger.  I've got a 160MB Lexar 8x card, and I've yet to fully max it out with 700 pictures,, I think last June I shot close to 575 pictures, which were photos of all sorts of things.  Buildings, statues, girls, city streets, more girls and ladies too.

wsbill
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I know what the problem is..., posted by wsbill on May 18, 2002

Is have Rostick, Galina and whomever else has a digicamera to go out once a week and take some photos of whatever they wanted to.

And then post those photos online.  So that every week, guys would go to that website and check out the current photos.... ok, ok, once a month.  Go shoot people, places and things.  And then, pick from those photos their best pictures.

This would be a neat idea if you wanted people to frequent a website more often.  Everybody likes to look at pictures, right.

We'd prefer these not to be point and click, nothing staged.
This way they could prefect those photos skills and we could get a taste of life of Ukraine.

Dan
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re:  You know what would be cool to do....., posted by wsbill on May 18, 2002

Follow this link: http://www.kremenchuk.org/index-en.htm - and you can see a fresh photo of the city of Kremenchug, Ukraine (Olya's hometown) every day. Additionally, the archives often reveal places of interest - especially to someone who has 'roots' there.

FWIW

- Dan

Rags
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Already in Place . . ., posted by Dan on May 19, 2002

Wow, that really makes me want to jump on a plane and go. I'll be sure NOT to show this one to my wife Smiley This must be difficult for Olya to see on a daily basis.

It would be nice to take the photos down to a more personal level like inside cafes and shops. What the heck, go into some flats and dachas.

wsbill
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Great site!, posted by Rags on May 19, 2002

Now if they could expand on it and go have a website in Kiev, Odessa, the Crimea area, etc....

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: