Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 30, 2024, 09:25:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Check out this deal , fly Virgin  (Read 13606 times)
wsbill
« on: May 17, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

Not only am I a Handspring shareholder, but I'm waiting for their Treo 90 (Visor replacement)

http://www.virgin.com/handspring/

Ryan
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Check out this deal , fly Virgin, posted by wsbill on May 17, 2002

This is a deal?  WTF is this crap....  post something a little less meaningful........
wsbill
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Check out this deal , fly Virgin, posted by Ryan on May 17, 2002

n/t
Ryan
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: ok...let hear about ur recent trip, posted by wsbill on May 17, 2002

Trip then I might be signing up to go to Tver soon as I want to check out some of Russia but no I have not been anyplace just playing the writing and waiting game.....  Sucks.....
Jack
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Since I have no numbers or dates from Ja..., posted by Ryan on May 17, 2002

Ryan,

All the numbers and dates are on the Group Tour section of the website. We are about one third full in all three cities as I write. I prefer guys to be able to have some three to four months of preparation in order to meet the maximum number of sincere ladies that is possiable during the time they have. We are a little more than four months away from the fall group tour at this time.

wsbill
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Since I have no numbers or dates fro..., posted by Jack on May 17, 2002

You know you'll get some if I go.

Here's that ditty about the new MSFT upgrades
http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/internet/05/17/ms.security.holes.idg/index.html

Jack
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Where are the Spring Tour PHOTOS !, posted by wsbill on May 17, 2002

Just received all the photos from Rostick and Galina. I am not so impressed with the quality of the photos from there digital cameras. I usually take most the photos and I have two Nikon 35mm's, big difference in quality of these digital's compared to my Nikon's. In the photos I received, I might be able to add one, at the most two, new photos to the group tour section.
wsbill
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Just received them, posted by Jack on May 18, 2002

Of hiring a professional photographer.  The guy that did the last April in Kiev knew what he was doing.  And he walked about the place without any fanfare and Rostick and Galina could spend more time with the guests and interacting.

MNKenr
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Just received them, posted by Jack on May 18, 2002

Jack are these the same cameras from last October? Just curious.
Jack
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Cameras, posted by MNKenr on May 18, 2002

daaa
wsbill
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Cameras, posted by Jack on May 18, 2002

Camera.  Ya gotta have some decent pictures if you want us to get excited.

I mean, I know in Kiev you can buy a decent Nikon compact 35mm camera for $50 bucks... I know, I bought one and gave it to my lady friend so that she could take some pictures of her life - friends & family.  I think, I got 5 pictures in that one letter she sent me.

Lessoned learned.

Jack
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Cameras, why don't you buy them ..., posted by wsbill on May 18, 2002

WildBill, I don't think you can buy any better camera than Nikon.

I purchased three digital cameras last year for various managers. I think the digital cameras I got were pretty good cameras but digital cameras just do not offer the zoom and close ups, the crystal clear imagine of fast objects or people that, for example, the Nikon offers.

I don't think the flash on these digitals covered the item being photographed if it was more than 10 meters away.

Digital cameras have there place, shooting photo of ladies receiving flowers, close-ups of ladies outside in good lighting, the ability to take many photos and have on your computer an hour later. Maybe my people are still learning how to use these digital cameras. I was hoping for many more good photos.

Philb
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Cameras, why don't you buy, posted by Jack on May 18, 2002

Try one of the SLR Type digital cameras.  The Minolta Dimage 5 or 7, some of the Canons or some of the Fuji's.  I have experience with these particular models and can take pictures that equal or come very close to most 35mm SLR cameras.

The Fuji's (4900 or 6900) can be bought quite cheaply.  Their claimed resolution is not their true resolution, but I consider them a bargain.

I used a Canon Power Shot Pro 90 extensively this spring in Utah and it takes very nice shots.  It is quite a bit more expensive then the Fuji's or the Minolta's though.  About the only clear advantage I can see is that it has image stabilization.

Jack
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Cameras, why don't you buy, posted by Philb on May 18, 2002

Phil,

Do they have these digital SLR with several different size lens that you can purchase and interchange, such as a 35mm, 70, 150 or 200mm lenses?

Thanks.

Philb
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Cameras,, posted by Jack on May 19, 2002

Yes you can buy digital cameras with the features you mention but you tend to pay a premium for them.  I bought my son a fuji6900 for graduation.  It has a 6x zoom, a hot shoe to ad an optional flash,  full manual mode, along with full auto.  You can also add optional lenses (fish eye, wide angle, and a telephoto).  This Camera makes 8x 10 inch prints that are undistinguishable from any 35mm camera I have seen.

This Camera would be considered at the lower end of the SLR digitals and costs around 600.00. It is often described as an "entusiasts camera" or an "entry level professional model".

Dan mentions mega pixels web site.  This is an excellent resource for the digital camera enthusiast.  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: