Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 30, 2024, 03:37:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trip Report - long  (Read 21583 times)
MarkInTx
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Wow, posted by thesearch on May 20, 2002

I'm not sure that you can say that the number of scammers is rising, and that the number of good women is declining.

I think that in many ways, the number of good women may in fact be on the rise, because there have been more success stories.

The scammers may becoming more of a business, and capable of more mass-market scamming... but I think they are for the most part still easy to spot.

I don't buy the fact that every time a man writes a woman and doesn't go over that a scammer is born. I think it is just as possible that for every woman who comes over and has a good marriage that ten more of her friends consider it as a viable idea.

And as for the quality of women going down, I don't buy that either. As the foreign bride concept catches on, a wider spectrum of women -- all types -- will be answering ads. It may mean that you find non-stereotypical women, but that doesn't make them scammers. Or even bad women. Just not what you expected...

Besides... All of these numbers are so anecdotal, that it really doesn't mean anything.

My instinct tells me that things may have evolved, but this is probably a good thing. Many of the first "marriages" came as a result of the "big tours and socials". I think that these have fallen into disfavor... but not because all of the good ones were taken, but rather because these things were a bad idea to begin with, and only now has enough data been compiled to show guys that it isn't good.

In the early days, they were successful simply because they were the major thrust of the "MOB" business. The internet wasn't as strong as it is now, and the small botique shops were not there yet.

Now, as the internet provides a means for more people tom communicate more easily, I think that it has shifted from a "MOB" Business to an internet Personals site with an international flair. I don't see that as all bad.

But, the Big Tour companies, anxious to keep the lucrative business (which is mostly fantasy, lets face it) is having to let "professional" and "semi-professional" women work the socials to keep the "new marks" coming in. I think the days of the big tour and social are numberd... and I say, thank God for that!

But I really don't think that good women are staying away from American Men. I think they just are staying away from socials. And, probably the big "Marriage Agencies".

I think a personal ad placed in the newspapers in Ukraine or Russia will net you a better reult today than five years ago. I think this simply because more of the women who would not have considered it before may know someone now who has done it. Some of the stigma is gone.

I have nothing to back that up. It's just an instinct I get from the women I've written to. Even comparing it to just a year ago, I see a difference...

And the difference is not bad... IMHO

greg2
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Agree only in Part  (long), posted by MarkInTx on May 20, 2002

what i meant by the number of good women going down is that among the women who are readily available via internet, direct mail etc. there is an increase in scammers and thus a percentage reduction of good women in the pool. there is a shift going on here.

Ryan
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Trip Report - long, posted by Richard on May 19, 2002

I wish you the best Richard...  It really hits home when you talk about a situation with two people who don't communicate well. I tend to jump to conclusions and she doesn't volunteer things that she should.  That has to be the number one issue with these types of relationships and knowing a lot about scamming stories and such does not always help as it is always on your mind.  Be strong like you said she asked but you never gave.  Nothing wrong with what you or her did, you should be happy.  Hang on and keep riding it, Keep us posted on how things work out.
wsbill
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Trip Report - long, posted by Ryan on May 20, 2002

Is there now at the threshold of being just like Moscow women (what I have heard about them).  Due to this being the capital city where it's a MONEY central for Ukraine.
--
Lords knows how many guys from all these overpriced tours who have been spoonfeed alot of this 'poor them' information, and then go on a buying spree for them.

These CITY ladies are geared for making money.
They have to it's a very expensive place.
And they will do whatever it takes...Because, when you leave...In arrives another dude from another tour bus.

So, in my disposition.  It would be wise to go other smaller cities in Ukraine where there is a lesser "WESTERNIZED MENTALITY".

No doubt there are some good women in Kiev that you'll over look, but they are few and far in between.
--
I think also a bigger problem exisit that sometime we don't address is that allot of guys just go over there for sex.

They have no desire to find a mate, they're in the playeing
mode.  And this could have a severe effect on you finding a woman as well.  Since these guys will tell a woman something to just get their way with her.  

Heck, why do you think some of these women scam you.  Probably because someone scammed them initally.

Ryan
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: My viewpoint on Kiev women, posted by wsbill on May 20, 2002

I agree with your line of thinking the closes that I can associate this with is gambling.  You can know all the steps to being a good player but when it comes right down to it Luck is all you really need.  You get sucked into this search like a gambling addict and it is hard to shake.  You feel like you have to give it just one more try and this time it will pay off.  If I do it this way as opposed to doing it that way it will pay off.  

It is just too complicated and I am not interested in complicated.  Go to the FSU as a vacation and have a good time if you meet someone then fine.  Go sight seeing and balance your time and effort, don’t get your hopes built up or count on anyone or anything to pan out like you want it.  Don’t let some woman steal your heart but don’t be all closed either.  Wow I could go on and on about this same old sort of stuff.  No real answer to any of this the only true thing that sticks out is that this process will cost you more money and time than you ever imagined it would….

greg2
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

He would chew you up big time. He would say you do not have a friking brain if you are serious about this bimbo. She will eat you up and dump you for the next meal ticket once your bank account gets low. Geeesssh

You sound like a decent guy - go find a decent woman.

by the way I would like a flat screen also - but make it high definition plz or I don't want it. Smiley) But first I need a new car to pick it up in etc etc.

Richard
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Whoa good thing LP is not here, posted by greg2 on May 19, 2002

what makes you think your going to get a flat screen tv when she didn't.  remember, I said she asked for things, I never said she got them.
JR
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

Richard
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Is this the same woman you are engaged t..., posted by JR on May 19, 2002

nt
wsbill
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Yes nt, posted by Richard on May 19, 2002

Are you going to start on the paperwork or go to another region of Ukraine and do some further searching.
thesearch
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: So what's going on in your mind ?, posted by wsbill on May 19, 2002

If he sticks with this one he might not have the funds to go back
Richard
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: So what's going on in your mind ..., posted by thesearch on May 20, 2002

See the post headed My two biggest mistakes.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: