Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 30, 2024, 05:19:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need to be reassured...  (Read 2363 times)
Ken W
« on: April 09, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

...that there will be NO PROBLEMS getting back into the country with only:

1) A Soviet passport
2) A green card

I think I have it all figured out, but being wrong would really $uck.

Wife and I are going to sunny Costa Rica week after next to crawl down inside a volcano. Yay us..Smiley

Now, reassure me!

-Ken Williams

Patrick
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I need to be reassured..., posted by Ken W on Apr 9, 2002

My wife and I recently took a vacation in Mexico and had to go through some loops with the Mexican embassy to get a visa waiver.  She's also got a green card and is a permanent resident.  I could travel there and return without any papers since I'm a US citizen, but she had to have some paperwork.  I would never rely on a message board for advice on this kind of thing.  Contact the people who should know.
wsbill
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

Swim across the Rio Grande with everyone else.
Ryan
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re:  If they don't let her in...she can ..., posted by wsbill on Apr 9, 2002

Most FSU women are not big swimmers...Ever notice that?
Rags
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re:  If they don't let her in...she ..., posted by Ryan on Apr 9, 2002

V "had" to go swimming the first day that the temperature was over 65 here even though the water was only 50 degrees.

The first major improvement to our house is a swimming pool.

I met many ladies that were SCUBA divers. I'm afraid Ryan that you are "all wet" on this one.

Jack
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re:  If they don't let her in...she ..., posted by Ryan on Apr 9, 2002

You have come up with another good one.

Many ladies from the FSU are very good swimmers. Where do you get this,..."Russian woman don't swim BS"?

Ken W
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

Course she grew up on the Volga. She had never seen the ocean before she came to the US though - Charleston, and that isn't much of a beach, really. I'm looking forward to showing her the Pacific, and what a real, pristine beach looks like with palm trees and parrots..Smiley

It's going to be interesting to see what a city girl thinks of the jungle. She gets creeped out at the little skinks that populate our yard - I wonder how she will react to a 2 meter iguana..Tongue

-Ken WIlliams

wsbill
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

All those peeling paint chips or some sort of radioactive waste in their fat cells or blood stream.

Ya gotta bear in mind, these folks walk a lot!!!  So all that muscle mass in their legs is won't let them float like a cork.

Natalya
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

I think you need to find out about visa for your wife.She still consider russian citizen and she does need visa for almost every country in the world (compare to american citizen).Friend of mine was forced to stay extra day or 2 in America to process her visa right on border with Mexica I believe.
Ken W
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I need to be reassured..., posted by Natalya on Apr 9, 2002

No advance visas - they process you right at customs. And according to the Consulate, the only difference between a US passport and a Russian one is the length of stay. US citizens get 90 days, Russians get 30 days.

I don't worry about the Ticos...a $20 bill will fix most any problem you might have at customs - It's the d@mn US customs I worry about screwing up.

-Ken WIlliams

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: