Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 07:59:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phone cards; better than Nobel.com  (Read 5189 times)
Quasimoto
« on: October 07, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

I used Nobel.com phone cards to Russia and Ukraine for months. At first I had not problems, but then it started to change and I got constant disconects and lost minutes. I started using a card somebody from this board recommended called LeanCard.com  It was cheaper and better than the Nobel card. No matter how many times I tried I could not connect with a service rep. But I got connected the one time I had a problem with Leancard and it was resolved. You can call Ukraine for .10 cents/minute and Moscow for .03 cents/minute with NO connection fee. The connection was also much clearer. They offer cards for many countries, so check their comparisons. All I can say is that if Nobel is adequate, then Leancard.com was great!

http://leancard.com/

Steve

RickM
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Phone cards; better than Nobel.com, posted by Quasimoto on Oct 7, 2001

When purchasing Leancards or Noble,how do you pay for them?With I-Bill or Credit card?Also,do they mail them to you or do they just give you the special authorization numbers over the pc? You don't need to have them as your long distance carrier for everything at home?
Thanks,RickM
KenC
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Question About Phone Cards..., posted by RickM on Oct 8, 2001

Rick,
You buy Nobel cards over the Net with a credit card.  They then send you your codes that you dial after calling their 800 number.  This info is emailed to you a few min after your purchase.  You do not have to change your long distance carrier.  I have AT&T's international calling plan with a decent rate (around $.20/min) for Russia.  The Nobel cards have trimmed about $200 from my monthly bill.  I have found the best cards to purchase are the one's with "no connection fees" even though the per min rate is higher.  Sometimes you do not get connected on your first try and they deduct any connection fee anyway.  It is almost impossible to get a credit back for this.  I avoid the hassle and the frustration with the higher rate ($.09/min) and no connection fee.  Hope this helps.
KenC
RickM
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Question About Phone Cards..., posted by KenC on Oct 8, 2001

Thanks Ken...
With a home#,business#,800#,and cell# all tied into the same long distance carrier with "no" monthly fee for the services I kinda hate messing with changes but reading you guys talking about various rates over and over and phone bills at home getting higher and higher from the calls to Russia and Kyrgyzstan,it's time to seriously look around and put those kind of savings in other areas.It's kinda funny because the wife still has no perception yet as to what a big bill is when she compares the home bills to my business (yellow page advertising) bills).I keep trying to make her realize one "makes" $$$ and the other "costs" $$$.O Well...Life is great!!! Smiley
KenC
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Question About Phone Cards..., posted by RickM on Oct 8, 2001

Rick,
I too like to keep things simple, but $40 vs $200 is too much of a savings to ignore.
KenC
KenC
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Phone cards; better than Nobel.com, posted by Quasimoto on Oct 7, 2001

Steve,
I just checked Leancard's website and the rates to Russia are the same as Nobel, 9 cents/min with no connection fee.  I agree with you about trying to get in contact with Nobel's service dept.  That is why I switched to the "no connection fee" rate.  We have never had a problem with the clearity of the calls, but occassionally there are disconnects and difficulty in obtaining any connection.  I will give Lean a shot the next time.  I know that $40 worth of Nobel cards have knocked $200 off my phone bill!  You do the math.  LOL
KenC
Quasimoto
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Phone cards; better than Nobel.com, posted by KenC on Oct 7, 2001

Granted the rates to Russia are the same, but Moscow I believe was .03 and Ukraine .10 cents/minute. What I like is that lack of disconnects and good signal. I will admit the Nobel cards vary in quality. No argument! I think they are worth a shot.

Steve

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: