Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 08:03:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: questions: plus any military out there?  (Read 2388 times)
ssutton
« on: October 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Does anyone know where and how to request prior tax statements?? Also, my fiance and i are awaiting our interview in Moscow on November 15th, wondering what the most important financial support document is. I have already done an affadavit of support, but i have worked in a tax free zone the last few years (Navy in the Middle East) Have any Military members presented an LES as proof of Employment, and Earnings?
BrianN
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to questions: plus any military out there?, posted by ssutton on Oct 9, 2001

I may not be able to make a qualified judgement on it... however if you read the requirements, IRS docs aren't the only end all to be all of proof of financial support.  The LES's should work fine since they were issued by the government, and I would use the ones that show the higher YTD income levels, for instance the ones that are issued in January, to reflect total income for the entire year.  If they issued you a 1099 for the year, that would work too.

From what I've read here and elsewhere, the interview to GET the visa, is a no brainer.... especially when it comes to the affidavit of support, as it's the adjustment of status interview where they get a little tougher on things like that. The LES's should be proof enough!

ssutton
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to questions: plus any military out there?, posted by ssutton on Oct 9, 2001

There must be someone out there who can answer this question???
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: