Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 07:21:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-the-wall Russian words.  (Read 1450 times)
Oatmeal
« on: October 01, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

I was reading some posts down the list and I saw a few questions about some Russian words and what they meant and it reminded me of a book that I bought a little while ago.

The title of the book is "DERMO!  The REAL Russian Tolstoy Never Used"  The author is Edward Topol.

This book contains tons of useful information that most won't find in your average Russian/English dictionaries.  

This book really has some useful translations such as everyday houshold items and so forth, but what makes this book so unusual is it's majority of slang words and explains how Russians curse.

It will give you insights on Russian curses, oaths, and other basic swearing and best of all it will give you many terms used for both ladies and men from pet names to really degrading curses.  It has some words in there that would definitely make a salor blush.

Personally, I don't know if I would ever have the nerve to use most of those terms but there is a lot of pet names that you might be able to use to impress your lady. * One note I would like to mention about pet-names is that I have been told by a couple of ladies that you should only really use pet-names if you really have some intimate relationship.  What I mean to say is that it may not be the kind of thing you would want to just start throwing around like we do here in the U.S. (i.e. Sugar-Pie, Sweetie, Honey, and so forth)

Also there is a candid section in their about Russian love-making and very explicit translations of how to ask for just about anything kinky. :-)   (Well it might come in handy someday)

In any case I would recommend it for some really interesting reading.
I found it at Barnes and Noble bookstore so I would think that you would not have too much problem locating a copy.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: