Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 07:10:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K-1 Fiance in US, Engagement Canceled, Next?  (Read 7095 times)
Lincoln
« on: October 01, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

For difficult reasons and considerations I have decided to end my Engagement with my Ukraine girlfriend.  She has arrived in the US via k-1 visa.   If I break the news to her and she refuses to leave on a flight that I schedule for her what next ..  is there any paperwork that I will need to file to formally notify the INS that I have terminated our engagement?   Thanks in advance for any suggestions or comments.
stud muffin
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to K-1 Fiance in US, Engagement Canceled, N..., posted by Lincoln on Oct 1, 2001

Hey Lincoln:

I hope you read my posting below.  Keep me posted, brother.  I hope things go well for you.  I will pray for you today at lunch time.  We have a prayer meeting every Tuesday at my work place.

tfcrew
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to K-1 Fiance in US, Engagement Canceled, N..., posted by Lincoln on Oct 1, 2001

....it is required that the visa deadline be honored (one way or another).
It may be better said that the engagement be postponed...that more thought be placed on such a move etc.
My wife did not come over with me with absolute permanence in mind. However, for us, things worked out very well.
Karl
stud muffin
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

It is obvious that you have to notify the INS regarding the termination.  I guess you are aware that legally you are responsible if anything should happen to her.  If I were you, I would call your local INS office for the exact procedure, since procedures change every so often.  If you do not have a local office, then call 1-800-375-5283 (aka ask immigration).  If your relationship gets violent (I hope it does not), avoid any violence.  The law is on women's side.  If you are slapped, offer your other cheek, do not retaliate.  If she is in your house, make sure that you secure all your valuable possessions (things that cannot be replaced).  Most girls are very vindictive.  Try to put her up in a hotel or an inn or an apartment till she gets a flight to leave the country.  Pay for her flight brother.  Do not argue.  Just ensure that she leaves the Country.  If required take some time off from work.  If you listen to this piece of advise, you will be a much happier man.
Dan
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: K-1 Fiance in US, Engagement Cancele..., posted by stud muffin on Oct 1, 2001

And if that is true - how is it you seem to know (or claim to know) about INS law??

Just astoundingly curious . . . . . . . .

- Dan

rojak
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey S-M, I am Confused?!? Didn't You Say..., posted by Dan on Oct 1, 2001

Stud, it seems strange that all your posts ant Brama have been deleted. Prob. just a 'glitch."
Dan
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Hey S-M, I am Confused?!? Didn't You..., posted by rojak on Oct 1, 2001

Pretty good about sniffing out trolls and troublemakers too.

- Dan

Dan
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey S-M, I am Confused?!? Didn't You Say..., posted by Dan on Oct 1, 2001

I see you say you are from Florida in your profile - and earlier you said you are a Green Card holder - so I suppose it is entirely possible you are an immigrant. Did I surmise correctly? If so, I can imagine you know quite a LOT about INS. What country did you emigrate from - and why are you looking to the FSU??

Just curious (no longer astoundingly so --smile--),

- Dan

Cold Warrior
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to *May* Have Answered (Part Of) My Own Que..., posted by Dan on Oct 1, 2001

Stud Muffin and Mogo are the same person.Maybe our old friend David but I'll give him the benfit of the doubt as he seems to be 'involved'.
stud muffin
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: *May* Have Answered (Part Of) My Own..., posted by Cold Warrior on Oct 1, 2001

Thanks for all the attention you guys are giving me.  I feel like a "Hero".  Stud Muffin is a die hard American and loves the stars and stripes.  If President Bush, would allow, Stud Muffin would like to single handedly kill all terrorists, no trials/attorneys/hearings.
mogo
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: *May* Have Answered (Part Of) My Own..., posted by Cold Warrior on Oct 1, 2001

You guys are funny.  I am not related to this "Stud Muffin guy".  I am as curious as you guys.  Why is he generating so much conversation and curiosity?  Is it envy or Jealousy?  I have read his postings on this site and he seems to be a decent helpful guy.  Why don't you guys leave him alone.
Dan
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: *May* Have Answered (Part Of) My..., posted by mogo on Oct 1, 2001

Maybe you could tell me what it is you thought was some sort of inappropriate inquiry?Huh

- Dan

Charles
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Sorry to hear about your situation.  There is no paper work that must be filed with INS.  If you do not marry within 90 days of her arrival she is "out of status" and subject to deportation.  The possibility of detention and deportation should be sufficient incentive for her to take the flight you will schedule for her.  If she refuses, you should report her to INS and, in the interim, I would suggest living separate and apart or with another adult present at all times.  You don't want her filing frivilous claims of abuse or domestic violence.
Lincoln
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: K-1 Fiance in US, Engagement Cancele..., posted by Charles on Oct 1, 2001

Thankyou for your comments Charles .. it sounds like you think it is best to schedule her flight and ask her to leave toward the end of the 90 day period.   To make things easier (at least for me) I would prefer to have her leave sooner but then I would not be able to leverage the INS in the process and would be forced to either be out of the house or have someone else present for a longer duration.     Any other comments are welcome.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: