Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 29, 2024, 02:08:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One K-1 per lady?  (Read 19426 times)
davet
« on: October 02, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

On another forum message board, a fellow made the statement that guys (US) can bring over as many fiancees on K-1's as we like (obviously one at a time Smiley).  He went on to say that a foreign fiancee gets only one K-1, and then she is out of luck for coming to the US on another K-1.
Does anyone have any experience or comments on this?  I have written the Moscow Embassy on a side issue to this and they gave no indication that the "one K-1 per lady" policy was in place.  I have a feeling it is pure rumor but obviously I am concerned.

Thanks

BubbaGump
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to One K-1 per lady?, posted by davet on Oct 2, 2001

They can do more than one but if it doesn't work out, they have to wait either 2 or 3 years before they can do it again.  I've heard both numbers but I don't know which it is.  The 2 years was from the EC owner but I read 3 years.
davet
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: One K-1 per lady?, posted by BubbaGump on Oct 2, 2001

The time delay requirement was the question I asked the US Embassy in Moscow.  They wrote back and said there were "NO RESTRICTIONS" concerning a waiting period for an application for the same beneficiary.  
What I did not ask specifically was whether a beneficiary could come to the US more than once on a K-1 visa.  I inferred that since there was no waiting period for another application with the same beneficiary, then there was no problem for multiple entries by the same beneficiary on K-1 visas.
KenC
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

davet,
I wouldn't be too sure about the limitless K-1's for us either.  I know of a guy that brought 3 different RW here on K-1's.  The second time he was given a little more of a hard time than normal.  The third time he was totally grilled before the visa was issued.  He was also told in certain terms that his third was the last.  My wife also knows of a few RW that have come over at least twice on K-1's.
KenC
Rags
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: One K-1 per lady?, posted by KenC on Oct 2, 2001

I've heard (from a lady that came over and then returned) that beneficiaries only get three strikes and they're out...     I don't know about petitioners.
Georgina
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Hmmm. Your friend is wrong. If she goes back to her country and meets other guy who wants to petition her using the K-1 visa. She wouldn't have problems getting a second one.
stud muffin
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

I am wondering why you should be concerned.  I guess it is the lady who needs to be concerned.  Right!
jj
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: One K-1 per lady?, posted by stud muffin on Oct 2, 2001

Sorry but have I missed something here.  What is wrong about the above post from Studly.  I am not taking sides here as I think I have missed something.  I know Dan can be a bit of a "I am right and no one else is" but if you put all that testostrone aside he has some valuable information to offer.  I am just at a loss to see what was so misleading.  Or was this post removed.  Please try and be civil and positive in our quest.

Quasimoto
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

No one gives better advice, more accurate and professional than Dan! Your "charming, polite, and sophisticated" butt is against the wall on this one Studly!

Steve

Bill P
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

We really don't need your useless and sometimes completely wrong answers making it difficult for others to get the advice they need to navigate the maze of visas and INS paperwork.
tfcrew
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Buzz Off Studly!!!!, posted by Bill P on Oct 2, 2001

.....& seldom post!
How is it w/your engagement, and..
How are things in Indy ?
Karl
Dan
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

field the question.

Or would you rather offer fallacious advice as you did about the cancelled engagement??

- Dan

Charles
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to If You Don't Know The Answer (as you OBV..., posted by Dan on Oct 2, 2001

Dan, I assiduously avoid jumping into these worthless threads.  However, Stud Muffin's repeated giving of advice when he does not know the answer is not just buffoonery, it is dangerous.  There are many things that people need to know about this process, how to avoid the pitfalls, how to navigate the INS process, etc.  The purpose of this board is to allow people to share advice and experience.  Giving incorrect advice is dangerous, particularly on INS issues, because if people act on erroneous advice serious problems can result and, if such problems happen a few times, the overall credibility of this board is undermined.  In addition, it is highly improper to question why a person asks a particular question.  The only dumb question is the question that isn't asked and it is highly inappropriate to be so condescending to a person that "he shouldn't be concerned" about something.  In this case, the question was a legitimate and topical one - whether multiple K-1's are allowed - both from a standpoint of proper INS compliance and to know whether she has been through this before.  To be condescending and, apparently in this case, inaccurate, in response to a legitimate question is not only buffoonery, it is a  practice that if continued will undermine the usefulness of this board.
BubbaGump
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: SM's Buffoonery is Dangerous, posted by Charles on Oct 2, 2001

He is not dangerous but he should at least correct some inaccuracies in his profile. Perhaps you prefer this:

Profile for stud muffin

Change From:  Charming, polite, sophisticated.  

Change To:   Evil buffoon, I give bad advice, considered dangerous

jj
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: SM's Buffoonery is Dangerous, posted by Charles on Oct 2, 2001

I am not experienced at the US K-1 but do'nt you ahve to dec;are any previous applications for residency.  This would cover RW/UW who have applied.  But what about AM.  I would thin k there wasa a central registry.  Is this sought of thing picked up at the initial INS application stage or at the Interview?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: