Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 07:15:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meeting my lady  (Read 7046 times)
Melancholyman
« on: October 02, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Please can anyone help? I am trying to meet with my lady from Sevastopol,she has suggested Kiev for our first meeting so that she would not have the problem of getting a visa.I agree,but as a UK citizen,I would need a visa.Which one and where would I apply? Thankyou.
Charles
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Meeting my lady, posted by Melancholyman on Oct 2, 2001

You will need a visa whether you meet her in Sevastopol or Kiev that can be obtained from the Ukrainian Embassy or consulate.  She does not need a visa to go to Kiev.  Kiev is much easier to reach than Sevastopol, which has no airport and limited train service.  That is probably why she suggested Kiev for your meeting.  Just a suggestion: if you can, plan your trip so you have time to visit Sevastopol as well as Kiev if things work out well.  It is a beautiful city and you will have a chance to meet her family.
Dan
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Meeting my lady, posted by Charles on Oct 2, 2001

That Sevastopol is one of my very favorite places in Ukraine. If at all possible, you should plan to spend some time there. Kyiv is, indeed, easiest of all Ukrainian cities to get to from international flights - but there is a domestic flight to Simferopol which is not terribly far from Sevastopol. Train travel to Sevastopol is pretty grueling, but the flights are fine.

A few words about Sevastopol - it is on the Black Sea and is the historical home of the Russian Black Sea Fleet. It continues to be homw to the Russian Black Sea Fleet and to the Ukrainian Black Sea Fleet - under terms of an agreement reached between Russia and Ukraine after the break-up of the Soviet system. Until the mid-1990's, Sevastopol was a "closed" city and required explicit permission to travel there. The scenery is truly spectacular, and I just thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd go back in an instant (and probably will in the not-too-distant future).

By all means, make every effort to visit Sevastopol - and to meet your ladies friends and family in her familiar surroundings. You will learn a lot more about her and it will help you to gain insights and comfort into her nature and character - at least, it is so in my experience.

Best of luck to you!

- Dan

wsbill
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Good Advice, And I Would Add . . ., posted by Dan on Oct 2, 2001

The more relaxed she will be.  Going on dates is fun, but really limiting on exploring the inner workings of a person.  Remember, you want a partner who will best be a match for you.  Taking the time to go watch her work at the dacha and be around family.
 I am quite fond of a video I shot with the girl picking strawberries, and when it started to rain, me, the papa (her father) and her son jumped in the car... and watched her weed the garden. Smiley

Honest, I didn't have a rain coat otherwise I would have been out their pulling up weeds also.... Wink yea right.

But I got to talk to her father and though their was a language barrier we got did carry on a good converstation and did a little bonding.

Does anyone know the price of 12"x4"x4", 2x4... I though next trip I would build the her parents a small green house.
How about some PVC plastic pipe 1" schedule 80 Huh

Rostick
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Dear Sir,

Ukrainian Embassy in London is located at:

60 Holland Park, Road
London WII 3SJ
tel. (071) 7276312
fax. (071) 7921708

I would suggest that you apply for a private visa, and have a choice of staying either at the hotel or an apartment.
You will not require an invitation or any other sort of additional document in order to get it. Just fill out the application form and submitt it along with your passport, and money.

I hope that helps.

With best wishes,
Rostick.

keith
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Meeting my lady, posted by Rostick on Oct 2, 2001

Hey Rostick,

I assume this is the same Rostick that met me at the airport and was always patient with me in trying to sort out the ukranian phone cards!!  If so-  I just want to say thanks again for all the help...  hope things are going great for you... and if you are ever in Florida look me up..

all the best ,

Keith

Harry88
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Where I don't know, should be easy to find out.
But you either apply for a tourist visa for which you need to show a hotel reservation for the whole period, or a private visa for which you should simply give the address of the person who invites you (hers for example). Not required to stay there, and I belief they don't verify anyway!
In the past there was a registration procedure but that was abandoned last summer.
Harald
jj
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Visa, posted by Harry88 on Oct 2, 2001

I think the rules for a Tourist visa have changed.

You do not need to have a hotel reservation for a Tourist visa/  I traveled to Ukraine on a Tourist visa and I rented an apartment.  The Hotel booking reqirement is no longer.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: