Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 27, 2024, 03:24:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IMBRA becomes law...The fun is over (long)  (Read 35170 times)
Hamlet
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to IMBRA becomes law...The fun is over (lon..., posted by Gary Bala on Dec 18, 2005

Gary,

I cannot find the definition of an International Marriage Broker in the law.  Have you found it?

Also, I have not located the penalty provisions (although there was a section indicating a misuse of the information collected by an IMB could result in a fine or imprisonment of up to one year.)

Hamlet

Gary Bala
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: IMBRA becomes law...The fun is over ..., posted by Hamlet on Dec 19, 2005

The House/Senate deal did not reach agreement on the IMBRA penalty on broker violations. It is not decided yet, but will be subject to technical corrections amendment in the legislative process, as I understand it.

Technically, the same is true for the legal definition of IMB, though the earlier Senate version gives an extensive definition, which will probably be the working definition for practical purposes for the time-being.

Hamlet
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: IMBRA becomes law...The fun is o..., posted by Gary Bala on Dec 19, 2005

Penalties for violations may not be needed.  It seems to be self-enforcing because when the foreign fiance or wife goes to the US consulate abroad, the consular officer must have proof that she has been given all the information about the US man that the IMB is required to obtain and to translate into her language: his detailed marital history, all states and countries in which he has lived, copies of any documents regarding any legal troubles he has had in any states in which he has lived, including arrest records (even if not convicted) and even any problems with alcohol.

Since consular officers have great discretion, if they think that they IMB did not do its job (or if an IMB is once found to be doing a poor job of investigating the US man and thereafter gets a bad reputation in that consulate) the officer could deny the application.

Keith NC
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Violations , posted by Hamlet on Dec 19, 2005

[This message has been edited by Keith NC]

Jeeze, I am glad that my fiancee has already had her interview and only needs to turn in a few lacking documents. I feel sorry for the guys in future years trying to get married.  These feminist just can't leave us alone. They bust our balls stateside and now they will bust our balls abroad.
Gary Bala
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Violations , posted by Hamlet on Dec 19, 2005

All the more reason the visa and interview process at the Consulate is getting more complicated and risky for all concerned.
doombug
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to IMBRA becomes law...The fun is over (lon..., posted by Gary Bala on Dec 18, 2005

The death knell of IMB.  If you're in the business, sell it and open a confectionery that caters to the bovine princesses who supported this bill.  That's one legal way of getting back at 'em.  

Congratulations, feminist lurkers.  Your cohorts have done a fine piece of anti-male/anti-marriage work.  What ever it takes to confine the American male to his own shore, right?

stefang
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: IMBRA becomes law...The fun is over ..., posted by doombug on Dec 18, 2005

[This message has been edited by stefang]

I say this bill is discrimination. If this bill must be used against men marrying foreign women then the bill should have background checks done against every American including women.  Where are the lawyers on this one? Also every local dating agency should be required to adhere to the law as well, if the Feminazis want to end foreign marriages then apply the same to domestic ones.
doombug
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: IMBRA becomes law...The fun is o..., posted by stefang on Dec 18, 2005

"I say this bill is discrimation."

And libelous.

They're basically giving women around the world the impression that we are all perverts and criminals.

Kiltboy1
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: IMBRA becomes law...The fun is o..., posted by stefang on Dec 18, 2005

stefang

i was just thinking the same exact thing. I should be able to get a domestic background check on an AW as well, what about her past marriages,children, ect. i mean, i go to think that this thing has to have more unconstitutional parts to it. You have got to make it equil for everyone.

Gary Bala
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: IMBRA becomes law...The fun ..., posted by Kiltboy1 on Dec 18, 2005

[This message has been edited by Gary Bala]

My initial impressions of the new law are:

I think that this law will make it more difficult for agencies and operators to operate, perhaps prohibitively costly and cumbersome for some. IMB Agency brokers, subject to the law's jurisidiction, need to search Sex Offender registries and collect a lot of background on each guy and translate it and give it to the lady and get her signed release before they can sell her contact information to the guy. Certainly not easy. It may well drive some brokers off-shore or underground or force them to pass on the added costs to the U.S. customer, thereby limiting consumer choices and raising costs and prices.

I think that the law would have a "chilling effect" on free association and free speech rights of U.S. citizens, and on the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 16, i.e. the unrestricted freedom and "right to marry". http://www.un.org/Overview/rights.html

The law probably also violates equal protection of the laws of U.S. citizens, because "foreign-traveling" U.S. citizens marrying (or engaging to marry) and doing visas for foreign ladies must disclose criminal and background data, but NOT U.S. citizens who marry a local lady under a local marriage license, at least under this law.

Latin Euro.com is already warning about the new law, and the "dating police" nature of it:
http://latineuro.com/

Bueller
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Dating police?, posted by Gary Bala on Dec 19, 2005

"Latin Euro.com is already warning about the new law, and the "dating police" nature of it:
http://latineuro.com/"

Finally, something has aroused a passion for ethics at Latin Euro. [/sarcasm]

jim c
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Dating police?, posted by Gary Bala on Dec 19, 2005

[This message has been edited by jim c]

What I am wondering is how they expect any agency to access the information. Having had a private investigation agency in Key West, I am aware that all states do not allow easy access to their records. Just try to get something from Mass. What about releases. What about proof of identity. This is a perfect example of our elected idiots making a law based on emotion that has no system to allow compliance. Why don't they make the government responsible  for running the checks after submission of a sworn personal history and fingerprints. How is the agency going to force the client to tell the truth.

Welcome to the pussification of the US. Laws made by women that have no basis for execution. Constitution, civil rights, fair and equal treatment, non discriminatory law??? As for the men who voted for it they think dog style is sitting up and begging while she lays down and plays dead. I am begining to think that American culture has become too matriarchal to survive. I think they will indict the owners of spike tv next. The american male had best start leaving his money to his sons or there will only be hair dressers and fag hags to determine our future laws. jimc

CelticUrge
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Dating police? or dating police dogs..., posted by jim c on Dec 19, 2005

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session."

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

stefang
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Dating police? or dating police dogs..., posted by jim c on Dec 19, 2005

This country is deteriorating rapidly. You older guys are lucky having the ability to live away from this Commie wannabe country. I fnd it hard even thinking of having children here, will they have to go to school with kids messed up from these idiots running us into the ground.
stefang
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: IMBRA becomes law...The fun ..., posted by Kiltboy1 on Dec 18, 2005

Add to it DNA tests to make sure that child is actually yours and not some night fling she had while you are married. See how many women would like to be scrutinized the same way men are.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: