Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 24, 2024, 01:38:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 3rd degree at the airport  (Read 73688 times)
soltero
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Yeah if you are Archie Bunke..., posted by gcman on Dec 20, 2005

Again, Racial Profiling and Profiling aren't the same thing to me. Maybe I am wrong. I don't have a problem with Profiling, and I do believe it is neccesary and works. I just don't see where profiling people by nationality or complexion actually works. That's just bigotry being disguised as police work.
Heat
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Yeah if you are Archie Bunker......, posted by soltero on Dec 20, 2005

Hermano,

But reality is another thing.  As you have stated.  Most serial killers are white men.  

Cops use that profile to hunt the guys who do those crimes.  To factor it out is just stupid.

Most Meth users are white.  When I see a white dude in the ghetto in a nice car tooling the  streets I know he is not looking to pick up his date for the night........ he wants crack.

All cops I know including the Latinos, black and Asian cops use racial profiling.  They just can not admit it.

Why.. Because it works.

Muslims are blowing up people now.  My daughter could pass for Muslim.  Brown skin ect.....

She might get tossed for inspection or another type of crime if other factors are present.  

I have no problem with that.  That is the world we live in.

Pete E
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Or just a good cop...., posted by Heat on Dec 20, 2005

When my son was in Real estate he had an appointment to show a condominium in a very bad area.He parked and waited for the client.A black woman came up,said "anything I can do for you?"He says "no." She says "what are you doing here then?" She presumed a young white guy in a BMW in a black neigborhood was looking for what she was selling,drugs he presumed,she didn't look like a hooker.

Pete

soltero
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Or just a good cop...., posted by Heat on Dec 20, 2005

I agree with you, and know that you know what you are talking about. Profiling is necessary and works. I just think that RACIAL profiling isn't that accurate. The white guy in the nice car in the ghetto analogy works, but that guy is sticking out like a sore thumb. Just because someone is brown doesn't mean that he is about to blow something up. Watching him to see if he may exhibit other characteristics may be a wise move, but locking him up for being brown is silly. It's just when someone starts saying blanket stuff about a group of people makes me nervous. I could be very easily profiled because of my race and I am just as American as anybody else here. I just want to be sure that people remember the fact that other factors need to be present as you said.
Dan Las Vegas
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Yeah if you are Archie Bunker......, posted by soltero on Dec 20, 2005

I think that the terrorists are smart enough to figure out that we are now looking for middle eastern men in their mid twenties to early thirties....I'd assume that they would find people  who do not fit this profile to do their despicable acts.

By the way, I really don't have a lot of faith in the TSA personnel, they are the same idiots that we had at the checkpoints prior to 911, just wearing a different uniform. One of my ex's friends works for TSA at LAX, he would have a problem finding his way out of a closet with the light on.

Overall, I agree with Soltero  that racial profiling is a waste of time.

Frank O
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to The 3rd degree at the airport, posted by wayne3 on Dec 19, 2005

That's nothing man. I get "randomly" selected EVERY single trip I take upon arrival at Bush Intl in Houston. Last time I gave them sarcastic comment about how incredible it was that I've been randomly selected for the 6th time IN A ROW & what are the mathematical odd of THAT? I guess they see long hair & leather or if I don't shave & must think I have drugs or something.
My last trip out of Amsterdam I got treated REALLY badly by the security there over my boots. They actually held the flight back & I actually got rude with security which was a mistake. They gave me crap about "who knows you might drugs on YOU.". Excuse me biatch I'm in a country where prostitution & drugs are LEGAL & you are worried about me carying drugs OUT of your country?! Go figure man.
FanMan
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: The 3rd degree at the airport, posted by Frank O on Dec 20, 2005

I have actually taken quite a few trips abroad, and to Amsterdam as well. I have never had a problem in my travels to Europe and one to Asia, I have always had my problems coming back into the states. I have cleared customs in NYC,LA, and San Francisco, always with nothing to declare, yet I am always the one being sent for the extra search, and delay tactics, twice missing a connecting flight because of this. One time, I raised so much hell, I was almost arrested. I could have simply said that I was either in the military,or a professional football player, as most people tend to think when they have seen me, why else would a single young black man be travelling abroad? Could be that I am a tax paying law abiding citizen?? Impossible n'est pas? I think profiling of any kind is not acceptable. Though I do feel that law enforcement should realize the fact that in today's society,that ANYONE can be a terrorist, and they should be prepared to deal with whomever, when the time warrants. Does the name TIMOTHY MCVEIGH, ring a bell? Where would he fit in this profiling equation?
WS244
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: The 3rd degree at the airport, posted by FanMan on Dec 21, 2005

Black people do not blow up buildings in this country, where as white people as in the timothy mcveighs do. The FBI know this, and the result is racial profiling. The majority of gangs are the latinos and black people in this country, the FBI know this and profile accordingly. This once again shows the hipprocracy of U.S. political correctness laws, for in any U.S. prison these gangs still abound, though in supposedly sterile and politically correct equality mandated institutions.

TSA require all races be flagged due to political correctness compliance. As most travelers to/from Europe are white, TSA will target minority travelers to comply with their correctness quotas.

valuedcustomer
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to The 3rd degree at the airport, posted by wayne3 on Dec 19, 2005

She is still better off then the hispanic man coming from Colombia who was shot and killed last week by the US Marshall.  All the passenger witnesses said they never heard the word "bomb".  The only one who said he  heard "bomb" was the federal agent.  All of the newspapers of our controlled press immediately say it was a justified shooting without any investigation or evidence.  There was also the shooting of the innocent Brazilian man in the London subway.  I believe both of these were deliberate murders.  If you are Hispanic or look hispanic you should be very careful in any American airport.
Joeylikey
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: The 3rd degree at the airport, posted by valuedcustomer on Dec 20, 2005

I get searched everytime I fly out of LAX. Even though it's a hassle I understand it and just except it as a part of traveling. Last time I went the DEA was waiting for me. Their questions delayed my return to my comfortable bed, but I appreciate that they are doing their jobs. Was I being profiled. Single male traveling to SA with minimal baggage? Absolutely. But if I saw someone like me traveling, even though I think I look normal, I would stop me and ask a few questions. Just be respectful and feel good that they are doing their jobs.
Ray
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: The 3rd degree at the airport, posted by valuedcustomer on Dec 20, 2005

Did you know that the Air Marshall who shot your buddy was also Hispanic? There goes your "deliberate murder" conspiracy theory :-)

You said "All of the newspapers of our controlled press..."
Who might this be who is controlling “All” of our newspapers? Aliens from outer space maybe?

Oh well, at least our resident idiot agrees with you... LOL!

Joeylikey
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Another Conspiracy Theory?, posted by Ray on Dec 20, 2005

Isn't if funny. All wackos always think that it is a conspiracy. Must be those aliens.
valuedcustomer
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Another Conspiracy Theory?, posted by Ray on Dec 20, 2005

[This message has been edited by valuedcustomer]

When an innocent man is shot and the press goes along with the fragil official version without asking any serious questions, that's a controlled press.  They are more like puppy dogs than reporters.  Anyone who follows the US press daily and compares it to foreign and alternative sources will start to see how controlled, uncritical, and censored it is.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/columns/shoptalk_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001699287

Ray
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Another Conspiracy Theory?, posted by valuedcustomer on Dec 20, 2005

Where is your evidence?

You still didn't tell us who is controlling all of our newspapers. And now you say the U.S. press is uncritical and censored? That’s ridiculous! Controlled by whom? Censored by whom? Give us some names.

And please explain the motive for the "deliberate murder" of Alpizar. You implied that he was murdered because he was Hispanic. Do you have ANY real evidence to back up your wild claims?

Or do you possibly mean that the press is controlled, uncritical, and censored simply because it doesn't agree with your personal opinions and biases?

Ray

Joeylikey
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Another Conspiracy Theory?, posted by Ray on Dec 20, 2005

I think the Air Marshall was sitting there bored and thought to himself, "You know what, I feel like shooting and killing a Hispanic man today. There's one." I think it's the aliens controlling our press from Pluto. Maybe the Air Marshall was an Alien sent here to start a war with Hipanics. We should address our anger toward the people from outer space.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: