Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 06, 2024, 05:24:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas time questions  (Read 26578 times)
Montrealer
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: seems he not care about the woman is..., posted by fathertime on Dec 5, 2005

Thanks for the advice FT.  She realizes that I am a very intense and soemtimes impatient man.  This is actually one of the attributes that she has said she is attracted to me for.  We're both on the same page about our plans and have discussed them quite a few times.
fathertime
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: seems he not care about the woma..., posted by Montrealer on Dec 5, 2005

I do not know what the hell I am talking about but just judging as an outside observer I would say.  Look out man, not because of her but because of yourself.  I have learned a bit about myself from your posts since I have been of the mindset of going for it all quickly if the feeling is right BUT I have read your posts and see some error of MY ways through what you have written. Thank you for posting so much of what you have experienced.
You don't need to defend/explain yourself to everyones  posts but I would say continue reading some of the old pros words and keep them in your minds eye for later use. Some of what you're saying in your responses is raising a red  flag here and there. Why not consider this a trip to be engaged-to be engaged (To borrow from the movie Animal House). You sound like you got the means and the time to take another trip in a couple months and finalize things then assuming you still want to after deliberating on the issue.  Your little Latin Chica will still be waiting if you have her heart.  I find your story thought-provoking and am very curious to see how it turns out in the short and long run.  

For me, my approach is modifying into a multi-trip approach based partially on what you have written. It reminds me of how blinding infatuation is and my propensity to get weak-kneed for beauty. I have a lot to lose if I choose too unwisely and it sounds like you do as well.  

Time for a midnight snack, got to stay well rounded!
Buen Suerte
Fathertime

Pete E
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I would have liked to read your stories,, posted by Montrealer on Dec 5, 2005

Hey,I am the same,totally impatient,if I want it I go for it.I would just say don't speed it up too fast.I proposed to my wife in 6 days,married her in 2 months.I even told guys if I see I am making a mistake I will not even take her to the states,I knew on my honeymoon very clearly she did not love me,but I spent 3.5 more years before I was ready to give up on her.
So I know there is no talking you out of it.Just watch for those little red flags.Hey I got 2 good friends whose stories make me look conservative in going for it.Its a VERY COMMON story here,and LUCK is a big factor.I have 5 friends in California it is working for.One guy married his wife the SECOND TIME he saw her,they are doing just fime right now.There were 2 divorces,mine being one,5 couples still together.You can get a wrong impression reading here,this board is largely guys who have failed at at least one Colombiana marriage.We don't hear from most of the other guys.So,sincerly,good luck.And I will add,for me it was alot more interesting than what I did the 3.5 years before that,which was largely nothing.
Life is a dynamic experience.Better to have loved and lost than do nothing!!!I had this little post card ,jokes by a guy named Ashligh Brilliant.It shows these 2 little eyes peering out of a cave.The caption is "if you are carefull enough nothing GOOD  or BAD will EVER happen to you."
Go for it,just try to keep the eyes a LITTLE open.

Pete

Pete

Montrealer
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I would have liked to read your stor..., posted by Pete E on Dec 5, 2005

soltero
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I would have liked to read your stories,, posted by Montrealer on Dec 5, 2005

[This message has been edited by soltero]

The thing you may not be receiving is that way of thinking is great and works PERSONALLY if it works at all. The minute you try to apply that to a situation that requires another person's input to be exactly the same, you are going to lose. The more you keep defending your position, the more it sounds like you are in over your head. Good luck though, I am not trying to change your mind. Whatever is going to happen good or bad will be a learning experience, and again, I wish you the best.

First timers never listen until after they have seen this stuff play out for themselves first hand. Utopiacowboy may chime in that that wasn't the case for him once again, but he is usually the only one. Maybe you can be the only guy to join him in all the time I have been on these forums.

doombug
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Christmas time questions, posted by Montrealer on Dec 4, 2005

Consider:

DVD player:  We are region 1; SA is region 4.  DVD's and DVD players purchased here aren't compatible with those marketed in SA.  Though, when I was in Peru, I did on occasion find vendors selling flicks coded for region 1.

iPod:  She'd have to have a decent, compatible computer, along with a few essential iPod accessories.  I just bought the Nano, but had to spend a couple hundred more getting a new USB 2.0 card for my comp., an external USB hub, portable power adapter, carrying cases, etc.  Each of these accessories/upgrades ranged between $30 to $40 a piece.  It's no longer as simple as buying a Walkman and batteries.  

I asked my female co-workers what they wanted for Christimas this year.  Most of them wanted perfume gift sets (360 Blue, Britney Spears, Escape, J'Adore), DVD/VHS combos., and VICTORIA SECRET!  They love that VS shiat.  Not necessarily the sexy undergarments, mind you; they wanted the body sprays/lotions.  Amazon.com sells a huge variety of that stuff.  And their product reviews help a lot.

Peace out!

Red Clay
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Christmas time questions, posted by doombug on Dec 5, 2005

Hmmm, DVD's formatted differently in SA. Maybe that's why the ones we bought there won't play properly in our DVD player here at home. Bought some that feature video of some of Peru's most popular/beautiful places, but can't watch 'em.

Thanks for the inadvertent tip. Smiley

soltero
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Christmas time--doombug solves m..., posted by Red Clay on Dec 5, 2005

If you have a DVD Writer on your computer, pop them in there and set it for region 4 to play it (We are region 1 here, and most DVD burners can be set and changed at least 4 times). Then, you can use software that you can download for free from the internet to copy it onto a burnable DVD and while doing so, remove the region code.
Spanky
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Christmas time questions, posted by doombug on Dec 5, 2005

n/t
jediknight
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Christmas time questions, posted by Montrealer on Dec 4, 2005

how about a nice cell phone, the razr v3 is popular or the V600 both by motorola, make sure they are unlocked. if not then the digital camara, this way she can send you pictures. I would day no way to the ipod, this is still very new in colombia and not many people have one so chance are she'll get mugged as soon as she uses outside of here home.
JK
JimmySTLOUIS
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi
My wife says go with the IPOD and she wants to know what brand the perfume is (?)

You might want to load up the Ipod at least with some songs before you go that way she can show it off right away.
If you go with the portable DVD player I guess you would need to make sure it will play the CD-R knock offs (maybe they all do that???)

TE AMO PERU!!!!

jim and "JLO"

Montrealer
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Christmas time questions, posted by JimmySTLOUIS on Dec 4, 2005

I got her a CK Eternity box set.  As for the IPOD, I'm getting mixed reviews, but I know she loved mine.

Thanks JLO

Spanky
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

try jewelry
Montrealer
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

On the christams gift tag, which goes on top in Spanish?  For some reason I remember it being opposite to us.

De: Mi
Para: Ella

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: