Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 02, 2024, 03:25:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For Bogotá Jim from Mr agency Basher  (Read 6374 times)
Pete E
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Green card poker, posted by Heat on Jun 17, 2005

Heat,
But the post was so extreme.Hiring models as shills?Might have happened somewhere but thats so unfair to most agency owners.I forget the other accusations.It was really san EXTREME hit piece,giving the impression all agencies do this.
I agree there can be problems.Some agencies might do some of these things sometimes.But it was so out of balence and unfair in my opinion.

Pete

fathertime
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

I agree with the majority of this post.  When at ACG last year I had a great time although a couple of my pretrip favorites were mysteriously absent upon my arrival (Ringers?).  I half expected this so it was no problem with so many other very good options.  I will use an agency again on my next trip perhaps even ACG but I know what to expect and will be prepared.  This board has kept my expectations to a reasonable level.  
Fathertime
BogotaJim
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Sorry Heat but I again must dispute so many of the facts in this rambling post. I do agree with many of your thoughts but I must go after the truth.First of all knowing Spanish might be helpful but is by no means necessary - particularly in Bogota.  I have been going to Colombia for 15 years and my Spanish is pequino. I have attended real estate closings and other business dealings with a minimum of difficulty.   I have had 2 different American clients move to Bogota over the past 4 months and they are living in my hotel.  Both of these guys are retired and speak zero Spanish and they will both tell you that they are happier than they have ever been in their lives.  Things like this keep me positive and going.  

The ladies as everyone knows are very different than the women living in the US.  As an agency owner I do not need to lie to clients about the ladies.  After all most of the guys are educated and street wise and they can see for themselves that these ladies are what they are looking for.  They are not going to listen to me - they will form their own opinions so what is this crazy Hitler stuff you are talking about ?  My most important job as an owner is to maintain quality.  I do this by giving Margot ( my agency manager ) authority to dismiss any male or female client whose behavior is an embarassment to our standards.  I gladly refund the guys money if he is negative or has other serious problems.  There are so many good guys who we can help I do not want to waste energy ot time  on the negative types.  

Go to www.latinlifemates.com and download the 5 minute TV show on A Current Affair where the liberal US media visited Bogota and see how badly they ripped us ?  that will make your day !!

Jake
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Green card poker, posted by BogotaJim on Jun 17, 2005

Jim , you are a by far a exception the rule . I have been a member (Bought lifetime membership) 6-7 years ago . I have in the past never sadi ANYTHING bad about your agency . I don't plan to in the future . If these other 85 percent could operate like you do this agency BS would stop . But that will never happen .

I remember at one on the morning breakfast that you had , there was many beautiful ladies there ... I would recommend your agency to anybody going to Bogota ....
Jake

beenthere
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Margot is a great lady...I remember her from her days in Cali.
Heat
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

I respectfully disagree.  I have worked in South America/Colombia for 22 years.  And I am fluent in Spanish.
I could show you Bogotá blindfolded.

As a retired Federal Agent I've got more street smarts than most people.  You can value my opinion or not.
but I have no doubt that I'm right.

I'm not sure what the happiness of two green gringos has to do with your belief that Spanish is not important.
You say most are educated and streetwise?

I beg to differ.  They might be in Butte Montana.
But Colombia is a different game. Just wait.

It is important to speak the language.
To say it's not is ridicules.

Can you survive and find a wife without it.  Yes.

But you are raising the chances of getting scammed.
That's just logic.

As far as what Hitlers minister said and how it relates to a big lie.  I'm sorry I don't have time to teach history.

I don't doubt you try and do a good job.
As I said I hear good things about your agency.

But you inability to speak Spanish is a handicap in my opinion.  Would it keep me from using your agency?  No, but it would give me second thoughts.

Look, it's buyer beware in this business.  Not everyone is honest like you.  

But you should not shoot the messenger.

You should acknowledge that there are bad eggs out there.

And not put the blame on the clients or the participants of this board when they criticize your industry.

It is in a way helpful to you.

Regards

Kiltboy1
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to For Bogotá Jim from Mr agency Basher, posted by Heat on Jun 17, 2005

Heat

I hope we meet in person someday, because you are one of the few people i run into in my travels "WHO GET'S IT " !!!!!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: