Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 03, 2024, 12:26:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TLC RUNS A LEGITIMATE BUSINESS!  (Read 4887 times)
papi
« on: June 18, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

I know Bruce having went on a TLC tour and feel he is an honest operator.  I like many was not happy with his last Panama tour and he offered all of us a large discount off the next tour.  I would a preferred a partial/full refund but nonetheless he did make an effort to acknowledge the challenges with that particular tour and compensate us for the problems – namely lack of attractive women which I highly doubt is an issue at his other events.  I believe his problems in Panama are not entirely his fault at least at the last go-around because he is more familiar with other areas where recruiting women is far easier.  Furthermore, while he is not a scammer – I do feel he is overpriced but that being said does offer a service few others match.  I tried to offer a similar program and at far more reasonable pricing but so far see little demand from the men.

As far as the recent scammer accusation, he runs an honest business and again offers a viable opportunity to meet a lot of ladies in a quality, well-run and very organized professional setting.  He does good deeds by getting involved in charity, namely his work with orphanages – few if any of his competitors can lay such claim.

Regarding ringers – I doubt he does it. He does not need to.  But even if he did – most men unlike agencies are not going on a "tour" to meet a specific lady featured in a catalog.  It is to go to a party with a highly favorable ratio of women to men along with some hand holding which is needed when you dont know the terrain.  So in his case, ringers are not a big issue.  Agencies that do it are dishonest of which there are some for sure offering women in their book that are no way available.  TLC is not one of those – Bruce again in my opinion may be pricey but a decent guy.  I have been a customer of many agencies – Bruce is one of the good guys, pricey but good.

That being said, my hats off to the post below for the poster having the balls to come out when he sees unacceptable agency behavior.  Often, agencies get away with a lot BS of which the forums don’t always hold them accountable.  I know of some cheats and some real bad apples and agree that the agencies need to clean up their act

Cali James
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to TLC RUNS A LEGITIMATE BUSINESS!, posted by papi on Jun 18, 2005

[This message has been edited by Cali James]

I tend to agree with you but I must admit I don't hold agencies to a very high standard. Anyway, back in the early days of TLC I used them to purchase some addresses.  They sent me a hoaky video too but the addresses as far as I know were legit.  My first trip to South America involved an address I bought from TLC and when I arrived in Bolivia the photo matched the person thank goodness.

The worst TLC practice that I observed personally was that TLC would sometimes show the same woman (different photo) several different times within the same quarterly magazine,  so if you were buying 500 addresses a small percentage of them were duplicates of the same or back issues.  I figured they used some of them as repeat because they were having a difficult time coming up with 500 women which was the number they were putting out in their magazines at that time.

As far as the model goes, I think it's just as likely (perhaps more) that an overly enterprising Colombian sent the photo in to TLC hoping to get a lot of letters from unsuspecting and generous gringos. The real person behind the photo could be just about anyone but after a few exchanged letters, the gringo might discover that their new amiga's mama needs an operation. lol  It's surprising how many gringos will send money to someone they've never met.  Anyway, if TLC posted the photo knowing she was a model that would be bad indeed but they may not have known.  I didn't recognize her but I haven't seen a Studio F billboard for a couple of years either.  I don't think we have enough facts to know whether TLC posted this woman as a ringer or whether a Colombian just sent the photo in to get a lot of letters.

I never went on a tour so I can't comment on that end of the TLC's business.

Jake
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to TLC RUNS A LEGITIMATE BUSINESS!, posted by papi on Jun 18, 2005

Papi .............. I am sorry florida boy ... Big Bruce is the not the honest business that you have him as . I to got sucked in to his sale pitch about Cali Tours ... I remember like it was yesterday .

Bruce speaking to me on the phone " I only allow at the most 25 guys on my tours , you need to get your money as fast as you can because this tour fills up fast, needless to say it said this to 65 other guys " . SO he made 65,000 that night and maybe had 20,000 in expenses . So this is being honest and respectable HuhHuh

papi
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: TLC RUNS A LEGITIMATE BUSINESS!, posted by Jake on Jun 18, 2005

Jake, I am not here to defend Bruce, but did not think he was a dishonest operator like some of the other less than respectable owners I have met along the way. If he in fact lied to you, then no it is obviously not honest nor is smart business. What was your impression of the tour otherwise? By the way, I am actually a Michigan boy - just living now in Miami
Heat
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

She is on every billboard in Colombia,  Has appeared in countless soap operas and a number of TV show. MTV videos etc.. She is as well know as you can get.

Papi get real.  I know you mean well but this is unbelievable.

This is a lifted photo.  Last I heard she was dating a rock star. I can't remember who.

Pure scam.  Fat Bruce preys on newbies who do not know better.

BogotaJim
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Bullshit bullshit bullshit...TLC is a sc..., posted by Heat on Jun 18, 2005

In the real world time is the great equalizer - scammers are soon discovered and eliminateed from the competition.  In this business where only 5% of the businesses survive 10 years Bruce has made it so I take my hat off to him. Over the years I have met many guys who attended TLC tours and were happy.  I have had about 400 of his clients join Latin Lifemates and most are happily married now. Remember most of the sharp guys find a mate in Colombia with relative ease and they never post here so we are dealing with the most difficult guys here.  One thing for sure about the guys he signs up they are a cut above the average guy who goes to Colombia looking for romance. Why is it that so many of the start-up agencies in Cali are always at the Intercontinental Hotel trying to lure his clients to their B & B's for bargain priced events ?   Most of his clients  professionals who pay a fair price to get professional assistance.  If it wern't for Bruce recruiting these helpless guys in the US they would still be here getting kicked in the groin daily by the ladies here and I am sure there are thousands of guys who are now thankful to Bruce for bringing them to Colombia.

While Bruce has been in the US helping American men finding a good mate in Colombia I assume you were here drawing a big, fat government check and contributing nothing to help others and in the process developing a negative attitude about everything.

Once again Heat I invite you to attend a fiesta at months endin Bogota where you will see a large group of nice guys gleefully meeting and romancing nice, beautiful ladies. Perhaps you will be a little more positive then.

LatinIntro
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Bullshit bullshit bullshit...TLC is ..., posted by BogotaJim on Jun 19, 2005

There is the probability, that some wiseguy sent pictures and information to an organization such as TLC, without the knowledge of the girl in question. An operation such as TLC has no way of screening this type of information.
This is the reason we personally meet and screen every single girl that joins our organization.

However, there is no excuse for any type of organization using pictures of girls who are not members. I dont care how long they've been in business. This is why the agency business is still mistrusted by some and give us a bad name.

There should be a site or a section in Planet-Love where consumers can formulate legitimate complaints about agencies (with the opportunity to the agency owner to explain himself) so fraudulent operations have a minimum chance of scamming newbies, such as agencyscams?
As an agency owner I would be more than willing to pitch in for the development of such section.

Nelson
LatinIntro.com

Heat
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Bullshit bullshit bullshit...TLC..., posted by LatinIntro on Jun 19, 2005

However, there is no excuse for any type of organization using pictures of girls who are not members. I don't care how long they've been in business. This is why the agency business is still mistrusted by some and give us a bad name""

Agreed,  That is why I posted this information.. I have never attacked Jim or his agency.  Nor yours.  Why?
Some of you are dam good at what you do.  You fulfill a need and give great service.

Why Jim chooses to defend an agency which is ripping people off I have no clue.

He only hurts the good agencies who are trying to be honest.

Heat
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Bullshit bullshit bullshit...TLC is ..., posted by BogotaJim on Jun 19, 2005

While Bruce has been in the US helping American men finding a good mate in Colombia I assume you were here drawing a big, fat government check and contributing nothing to help others and in the process developing a negative attitude about everything"""

I'm giving you an opportunity to apologize.

This is way over the line.  I wonder what led you to attack me for the fraudulent business practices of TLC?

Heat
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

KB pegged who TLC is using a fake photo on their website.

But you see KB is a U.S. Marine. An Iraq War veteran.

So by your estimation he nothing but a fat government worker.

Is this what your about Jim?

Traveller
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to It's Adriana Arboleda. She is a model fo..., posted by Heat on Jun 19, 2005

Well, fat anyway.! LOL!
Heat
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

While Bruce has been in the US helping American men finding a good mate in Colombia I assume you were here drawing a big, fat government check and contributing nothing to help others and in the process developing a negative attitude about everything. """

Yes it's very fat indeed.  And I deserve every penny.  

I was an U.S. Army officer in Panama.

I put my life on the line guarding Presidents Reagan, Bush 41, Clinton and Bush 43.  I worked DEA investigations involving the murder of a mother and her two children and several other people.  The murder is sitting on death row in Texas.  Also putting hundreds of criminals in prisons.

I have seized several million dolors in arms which were to used in the civil war in Colombia.

I guess by your estimation service men in Iraq and around the globe don't deserve their retirement either.

And the cops who work everyday to keep us safe.  They are just fat government workers who don't deserve their retirement.  right?

Is this what your saying Jim?

Is this where you stand?

Gringo Loco
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Bullshit bullshit bullshit...TLC is a sc..., posted by Heat on Jun 18, 2005

Don't know Bruce or how his website is set up or his business practice, But if thats the case then did the girl upload the photo herself or did Bruce post it?

If she did it then maybe he has a legitimate case of not knowing.

If he did it well then you be the judge.

Michael Hurles
mike@yourlatinwife.com
www.yourlatinwife.com
The New Era of International Relationships!

papi
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Heat, I guess that we can safely assume that you wont be attending any of Bruce's upcoming tours anytime in the near future
Kiltboy1
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Papi

The girl is a print model , she is there to drum up business. I see that as a little shady myself , but maybe others do not

WM

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: