Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 04, 2024, 04:37:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bogotá Jim.....think about what you say.  (Read 6615 times)
Heat
« on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

While Bruce has been in the US helping American men finding a good mate in Colombia I assume you were here drawing a big, fat government check and contributing nothing to help others and in the process developing a negative attitude about everything. """

Jim,

Perhaps you should check out picture picturetrail.com

member name: pachangero  

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=6717520&uid=3280813

The cute little brown skinned girl in the first photo is my daughter that I adopted from Guatemala.  She was living on a mountain top in a remote area.  There was no electricity or running water and almost no food.

After she was orphaned my Wife and I adopted her and brought her to the U.S.  At age 14 months.

She is currently having Father's day with me.  She is now a loving normal child with a bright future.  My other biological child and her are closer than most sisters.

So while agencies use the donation of their members to give them self legitimacy some of us have tried to make a small difference in the world through direct action. I am not the only one by any means.

And yes I used my fat government check to pay the thirty thousand dollars that it costs to do a foreign adoption.

She would tell you that she is proud of her fathers service to his country.  And she know the sacrifices he made to get to the point of retirement.

She would also say she is very proud to be an American.  And that she recognizes the price Veterans and Police officers for their retirement.  The price they sometimes pay in blood.

And she might tell you that the reason that America has the freedom that the Constitution gives us is because some men have the guts to pick up a gun and defend this great county.

And she would tell you she is proud that her father is one of those chosen few.

Felinessa
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Bogotá Jim.....think about what you say., posted by Heat on Jun 19, 2005

"And she might tell you that the reason that America has the freedom that the Constitution gives us is because some men have the guts to pick up a gun and ."

I agree with a lot that you've said, but I'm sorry, America doesn't owe its freedom to picking up guns - on the contrary, it owes its freedom to the fact that it didn't have to be a military dictatorship.

Martin Luther "defended this great country" when he advocated peaceful solutions.  Unfortunately, someone picked up a gun ...

Traveller
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Bogotá Jim.....think about what you ..., posted by Felinessa on Jun 19, 2005

[This message has been edited by Traveller]

Golly Gee, you mean I didn't have to take a bullet through the lung after all? You mean I didn't have to go through Gawd Awful Boot camp? You mean my Buddy, Kim Applegate, didn't have to take bullet through the chest, shot by some civilian psycho in Hawaii guarding a Navy Installation and you mean I didn't have to put him in the ground in Seattle? (By the way, he was an adopted Korean kid who thought it was his duty to serve in the US military if he was an American.) You mean my buddy Frank Allen (Native Hawaiian) didn't have to get shot in the chest by a 12.7mm round in Kafji and he didn't have to bleed to death? You mean my Grandfather didn't have to drop bombs from an old Sopwith Camel on the Germans over France (Pretty cool, huh?)? You mean my Brother didn't have to slog through race patties in Viet Nam (Well, actually his track probably drove around them since he was a Vulcan Gunner with them "Hell on Wheels" guys. But, I'm sure he slogged through them digging out the track now and again?)?
Now you tell me...... I could have saved myself a Hell of a lot of discomfort if someone would have told me this sooner. Ah hell, what's done is done, I guess. Personally, I'll take the guys with guns. Er well, let me re-phrase. I feel better knowing there's kids in uniforms with guns and officers out there telling them what to do. But, I digress, I was just a simple ignorant Grunt, but by Gawd, I'm still proud to be one.
OohRah, Devil Puppies!
K
PS: All that and not a drop of beer in me. LOL!
thundernco
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Bogotá Jim.....think about what ..., posted by Traveller on Jun 19, 2005

you and I never got that memo my brother!  Ah well what would we do without our memories of 29 Stumps and the like? -TNC
Heat
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Bogotá Jim.....think about what ..., posted by Traveller on Jun 19, 2005

Outstanding!!!
Craig
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Bogotá Jim.....think about what you ..., posted by Felinessa on Jun 19, 2005

"I agree with a lot that you've said, but I'm sorry, America doesn't owe its freedom to picking up guns - on the contrary, it owes its freedom to the fact that it didn't have to be a military dictatorship."

Total rubbish. The one thing that motivates any living being... anyone no matter race or country they are from is Fear. If during world war 2 we took that bull theory and applied it we all would be speaking German.

beenthere
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

"I agree with a lot that you've said, but I'm sorry, America doesn't owe its freedom to picking up guns - on the contrary, it owes its freedom to the fact that it didn't have to be a military dictatorship."

Felinessa...wtf are you talking about???

Heat
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Bogotá Jim.....think about what ..., posted by beenthere on Jun 19, 2005

Hey guys. It might be strange that a woman is signing up here, but I've always had a side-interest in this mail-order bride business. If I ever applied for a government job instead of being a professor, it would have something to do with foreign women, their treatment, and protection. ""

Beenthere.

This little girl is a perfect example of why we have all gone south.

Wanna bet she's engaged to another women?  Or a effeminate Little PC boy?

This is going to fun.....

buster40
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Bogotá Jim.....think about w..., posted by Heat on Jun 19, 2005

oh yeah, Heat and Felinessa.  Let the fun begin.
Heat
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Bogotá Jim.....think abo..., posted by buster40 on Jun 19, 2005

LOL.....Turkey shoot.
Heat
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Bogotá Jim.....think abo..., posted by buster40 on Jun 19, 2005

LOL.....Turkey shoot.
Heat
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

I consider myself Canadian more than anything and from their perspective."

How interesting that a Canadian wants to give an American History lessons.

I would love to debate you however I feel no need to educate you past your politically correct threshold of ignorance.

I would note however that your country is sinking deeper and deeper into irrelevance.  Your health care system, a government run bureaucracy is in shambles.  And we await the eventual succession of Quebec.

Having said that I would further note that you are the exactly type of women which has lead us to outsourcing.

I remember in College 101 physiology we read about a famous psychiatrist who talked a about women who have a certainty type of envy.

I would say that applies to you perfectly.

Felinessa
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Women like you are the reason this board..., posted by Heat on Jun 19, 2005

[This message has been edited by Felinessa]

At least my country isn't perpetrating genocide.  But let's not get into politics, because what happens in our respective countries doesn't reflect on individuals.

One of the reasons this board exists is that men like you (that is Heat, I'm NOT including everyone, please note) are incapable of finding a Western woman who'd put up with you.  So you go buy a woman who's so desperate to move to the US, she'll do anything.  Maybe you should take your clue from the fact that you're on your second divorce: it sounds like Latinas aren't willing to put up with crap either.

EDIT - just a typo

Michael B
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

All this time I thought that he had a disagreement with the Pope over indulgences, which eventually started the Protestant Reformation. You sure you aren't confused whom you're writing about?
DavidMN
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

I think you meant to say Martin Luther King Jr., his (likely) namesake lived about 450 years earlier and began the Protestant Reformation. ;-)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: