Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 04, 2024, 04:19:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP..Another question regarding I 134 form..  (Read 1222 times)
Chris F
« on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

On question seven of I 134 Affidavit of Support, it ask about annual income, but also in parenthesis states "See instructions for nature of evidence regarding net worth to be submitted"

I have not found this form in the  USCIS site and they are no instructions about it with the I 134 form.

Since I am not self employed, does this apply to me and where can I find what they want in regards to this???

THANKS!!

Ray
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to HELP..Another question regarding I 134 f..., posted by Chris F on Jun 19, 2005

Chris,

You won’t find much on the CIS Web site regarding the I-134 because it is not required by CIS anymore. The I-134 is considered to be not legally enforceable and it has been mostly replaced by the I-864. It is still used by the State Dept for non-immigrant visas to establish your financial status as the petitioner. What they really want to see is evidence of steady and sufficient income from regular full-time employment. If your current income from employment is well above the poverty guidelines, then they don’t need to see any evidence of your net worth, investments, or other assets.

Give them an official letter from your employer, copies of a few recent pay stubs, and copies of your 3 recent tax returns and W-2’s. Normally, that will make them happy. Remember that their purpose in examining your financial info is to make a determination that your fiancée/spouse is not likely to become a public charge after she arrives in the U.S.

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: