Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 07, 2024, 06:27:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The New Chronicles (Forward)  (Read 3192 times)
Howard
« on: November 25, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Unfortunately, these next few installments may not be the Chronicles that many of the old timers remember.  I don't know that I have the wit in me to make everything seem humerous in the face of tragedy.  I don't mean to be melodramitic, but considering what we all hope to gain from these drastic, often desperate, measures, tragic is the only word that comes to mind when asked to sum up recent events.  Four years in the making, that's right newbies, FOUR years!, this is not the end to the Howard Chronicles, but nearly the end.  Maybe there's a new begining in here somewhere, but than again maybe not.

I have questions that will probably never be answered, but less of them thanks to the efforts of one man, with the help and support of his devoted wife, who refused to sit idle when they thought they could make a difference.  I may never be able to properly thank them, but wanted to start by trying to help others understand my situation.  

Hopefully, I will understand it better with time.  Hopefully, putting it down on paper will help me purge the demons that haunt, but do not consume me.  If nothing else maybe I can find a happy medium between those who have put all of the burden to communicate on me and those who would suggest I divorce my wife for not starching my collars correctly.  Oooops, a little humor slipped in :c)  

Seriously though, there are two extremes and I see points on both of their sides.  Some worried that I was giving up too easily and some felt I waited too long.  I have people I consider friends on both sides of the fence and agree and disagree with points either way.  My purpose is to share my personal expiriences, the good and bad, and to figure out how to proceed with my life.  Input is always appreciated and encouraged, but ultimately I will make my own decisions based upon all of the information, advice, support and lessons I have and will receive.

Mine, like many of yours, has been a very public story.  I think it's time I continue.  Please bear with me while I try to find some direction in my posts, I'm not nearly as prepared for the sequel and I was to the original.

Let the new Chronicles Begin!

H

cc
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to The New Chronicles (Forward), posted by Howard on Nov 25, 2001

Howard, I hope this is not the end of the chronicles but the beginning of an entirely new chapter in your life. You have received lots of advice, but in the end it is entirely up to you how to procede, none of us has any right to judge your decisions, but from all we can see and read here, my feeling is that you have done everything possible to safe your marriage and make Ayesa happy. If she turned down your gifts,...

Your chronicles has been the most open, most intense I have ever read on the net and I must say, that it did have a profound impact on me. 4 years ago, this board was brimming with excitement. Now read stories about failed relationships, divorces, child support... I myself have not been able to find my happiness in the Philippines, and to be honest, my desire to search for an overseas bride has lessened considerably. I know, your never dreamed in your worst nightmares, that your chronicles would have such an effect. I am still browsing this site from time to time, but I rarely feel like posting anymore.

I wish there were a happy ending for you. I kno, there are lots of people praying for you (and I am saying this as an atheist...) Best wishes!!!

Bubba
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: The New Chronicles (Forward), posted by cc on Nov 27, 2001

Yes I have been lurking here since before Tim went to Hong Kong the first time and now he's been married for more than a year.  He met his girl through a chat room and visited her only as a friend on a trip to see some Filapino laddies and the rest is history as they say.  She wasn't looking for a husband and had offered to show him around the city.  I think some of the folks who have said go there and meet the girls may have something going over just contacting laddies that list them selves as foreign bride material.
Jeff S
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: The New Chronicles (Forward), posted by Bubba on Nov 27, 2001

... and it came out that about half of the married or engaged people on this board found their sweeties by being introduced by friends. Introduction site, pen-pal originated couples made up only about a fourth of the group - about the same percentage as accidental (or as some would say, traditional boy-girl) meetings. I guess the moral to the story is to not discount people when they say "have I got a girl for you!" That's the way I met my wife, too.
-- Jeff S.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: