Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 06, 2024, 08:34:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this place Frickin' DEAD or what? n/t  (Read 9486 times)
Howard
« on: November 27, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

n/t
Dave H
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Is this place Frickin' DEAD or what?  n/..., posted by Howard on Nov 27, 2001

disappearing....

Hey H,

I was going to jump into the "Great Latina Debate" but it disappeared before I had a chance.

Good luck in your journey. I hope you find the answers you are looking for...and they are positive! You deserve nothing but the best!

Dave H.

P.S. Man, that Bear sure gets around. ;o)

Ray
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Is this place Frickin' DEAD or what?  n/..., posted by Howard on Nov 27, 2001

Now that you have us all hanging on the edge of our seats...well?

Yeah, you're right Howard, things are a little slow, but there is a war going on. Heard you can get a good deal on used burqas over at e-bay...

Ray

Jeff S
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... is newbies investigating the possibilities. The Russian and Latin boards seem to have lots more new guys getting started, while a greater percentage of us are married or engaged. Maybe it's because the personalities of people attracted to Asians is more shy so new guys just lurk. When I last posted an update to the asian sweetie web site, there were a huge number of hits, suggesting there are plenty of lurkers.

OK, you lurkers and occasional droppers-in. Let's hear from all of you. What are your concerns, fears, worries? Are you not interested in starting a search? Afraid to post? Worried we'll think your ideas dumb? Come on in, the water's fine!

-- Jeff S.

Eman
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to You know what I haven't seen or heard la..., posted by Jeff S on Nov 27, 2001

I guess I qualify as one of the lurking newbies out there, though I have already made the occasional post on this board. Personally, I'm in a "phase 2" of a penpal search. The "phase 1" or first wave of letters produced a suprising (to me anyway) level of response. I had a number of fledgling correspondences going, but after sifting those that went straight for the money, those that didn't even resemble the person I thought I'd written, those that didn't seem too bright, those with serious religious differences, and (most frustrating) those who seemed nice but just wouldn't say anything, I ended up with nothing. This was a bit discouraging but I realized it must be possible to find one sincere and compatible pinay out there, given enough persistence. At present I'm focusing somewhat on HongKong but having doubts as to whether I will be able to strictly limit myself in that way. I keep thinking I need to send massive numbers of letters but that may extreme thinking. I have to confess that some of the stories from Howard and the others gave me pause, but I only needed to remind myself that, despite everything, I'm still probably better off following this route.
Jimbo
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to The Newbie's Tale, posted by Eman on Nov 27, 2001

Hello Eman,

FWIW, I'll relate the short version of my "phase 1" penpal search.  It worked for me but that's just my experience.  Luck plays a part - others say you make your own luck.  I suppose both statements are true.

Being very selective I wrote to just 4 ladies.  My criteria was:

1. Over 30.
2. Photos that did not make them look like a model.
3. Less than 5 "requests for address" listed by Cherry Blossoms (this info is not always accurate, but not all requests generate letters).
4. No bios that included "very religious" or the like.
5. Ladies who had been on-site for around 1 year or more (in order to further reduce competition, figuring that if they were still available then the initial correspondences were over).

I received 4 responses; one was a hand-off to a friend.  Although one didn't seem too bright, none went for the money.  So I continued to write to 3 and then visited those 3 ladies.  With one I had no chemistry; with another (the hand-off) it felt like good friendship but no more.  But with the lady in HongKong, it was a dream come true.

For me, it was very romantic writing to just a few ladies who didn't have a ton of penpals.  They wrote often and had a lot to say; much of it personal.  I enjoyed those penpals days and remember them fondly.  I hope your "phase 2" goes well for you too.

Jim

Dave H
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: The Newbie's Tale, posted by Jimbo on Nov 28, 2001

Jim,

I certainly agree with your #2. Some men have mentioned here before, that they prefer to receive professional glamour style photos. I personally would prefer non-professional photos, with little or no makeup initially. Anyone can look great in a professional studio photo and proper makeup. I've seen glamour photos of 5 year-olds made to look 20. I have also even seen some pretty good looking "women" on the Jerry Springer Show, who turned out to be guys with makeup...of course I knew!  =8-O When in doubt, it's always best to use the ole' "Mick Dundee Crotch Check!"

Dave H.

Eman
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Jimbo - thanks for sharing your formula. I don't have a fixed methodology because there seem to be too many imponderables, but I have been moving in the general direction you have indicated as far as selecting slightly older, less flashy-looking, less requested, etc. What I seemed to miss during my phase 1 were those who, as you say "They wrote often and had a lot to say; much of it personal".
Jeff S
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... put you in the minority of the MOB seekers. Too many seem to want 18 year old models. Patick once posted that the younger the girl and the shorter the dress (or the more the cleavage), the more times he sold the addresses.
-- Jeff S.
Jimbo
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to LOL - I'll wager your first two criteria..., posted by Jeff S on Nov 28, 2001

My criteria... maybe that's what Ray means when he says find an "ugly" one.  Actually, the guy on Cherry Blossoms had some good advise.  He emphasized that photos can be very deceptive, and therefore some very beautiful ladies get no requests for addresses because of a poor photo (he used his wife as an example).  He said the ones that look like a model get bombarded with over a hundred requests when they first get posted.

As for cleavage, well, Filipinas don't have any and that's ok with me!  At least they'll never end up down by the belly button Shocked)  Short dresses.... now THAT'S where I get in trouble Shocked)))

Jim

JephW
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to LOL - I'll wager you're right!, posted by Jimbo on Nov 28, 2001

I met my wife on Cherry Blossoms.  She had a beautiful picture and many admirers but I won her over with long emails and the Bible verses I sent her.  She wanted someone who "feared" God so she would know that he would take care of her.  She was kinda choosey about age range so that aspect gave me an advantage over guys older than me.  I was determined not to get involved with anyone there but it eventually happened, anyway.  She was the only one at that site I was impressed with.  It was the best thing I ever did.
Jimbo
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Some Filipinas have cleavage, posted by JephW on Dec 2, 2001

Your sweetie's pic proves that Shocked)
Ray
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to LOL - I'll wager you're right!, posted by Jimbo on Nov 28, 2001

That's right Jimbo!

Some of those "ugly" photos are so poorly done that a lot of guys are probably missing out on some real gems. I figure that if you write to 10 "ugly" ones, you're likely to find out later that at least 2 or 3 are quite good looking in a decent photo and you won't have to compete with a hundred other guys.

As far as Filipina cleavage goes, I've seen some real bazookas over there, but they are few and far between. Like you, I'm a leg man. Legs hold up a lot longer over the years :-)

Ray

Jeff S
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to The Newbie's Tale, posted by Eman on Nov 27, 2001

In spite of the occasional things-gone-awry stories, there are plenty of us who whouldn't have traded our experiences for anything, even those who have split up. You do have to admit, though, there are plenty of success stories on this board. Some say persistance, some call it luck, yet others call it prayer. When one of the happily married posters here told me he "lucked out," I told him it was more like he "skilled out" He went in with his eyes open, wasn't itching to get it over with too quickly, and in-general took a mature approach thinking with his big head. Best of luck in your search. Here's some of us:

http://www.geocities.com/jeffsatpl/index.html

-- Jeff S.

Eman
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: The Newbie's Tale, posted by Jeff S on Nov 27, 2001

I know the success stories are out there, and that many of the posters on this board are themselves success stories, but one rarely hears/reads the whole success story laid out in the same way people chronicle their ordeals. It's hard sometimes to get a balanced view. When people have love and harmony in their lives they apparently don't feel the need to publish the fact. Just like in the fairy tales, once the trials and ordeals are past it only says "and they lived happily ever after".
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: