Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 27, 2024, 07:29:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: first time to Barranquilla  (Read 1760 times)
kidwonder
« on: May 06, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

I am new to all of this.  I am going to Barranquilla with Barranquilla Best on June 29th.  I appreciate all the useful information everyone posts.  Any recommendations on places to go, how to handle myself...anything useful would be appreciated.
Looking4Wife
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to first time to Barranquilla, posted by kidwonder on May 6, 2005

I am currently in BAQ right now through May 15.  I have been here since April 14.  I am working with International-Introductions.com, aka "Jamieīs agency".  I highly recommend this agency.  Since I am doing a very targeted search (as I believe CaliJames said recently, "time is money"), Jamieīs systematic approach was the only way for me to go.

I have been posting stuff on my trip so far.  You can do a "find" on my username (Looking4Wife) using your web browser to see my most recent posts.  You can also do a "find", scroll down the forum page, or do an archive search on:

BAQ
Live from BAQ
Mini Trip Report

In addition, Latinas appreciate simply going to the mall to walk around and/or window shop.  This is something we take for granted in the USA that many of them donīt get to do often.  It may be because they work too many hours and spend their free time at home with their family, or they canīt afford to buy much at the mall, etc.

For malls...

1. Exito (this place is fabulous!  Its like Walmart, buth with a large gym, a mini amusement park, and several ADDITIONAL stores inside the Exito store)
2. Buena Vista Mall
3. Villa Country Mall

Buena Suerte!

Seeker
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: first time to Barranquilla, posted by Looking4Wife on May 7, 2005

Looking4Wife,

I'm glad to hear things are working out for you. Since you're in Baranquilla right now, I'd like to ask you about the weather during this time. Would you say the weather in Santa Marta is similar to that of Baranquilla? Maybe you can ask Jaime about this one, but I'd love to visit La Guajira. Would Jaime recommend this area at this time of the year? I'm mostly concerned about the weather and safety. Thanks and I look forward to your great posts.

Jamie
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Weather in Baranquilla?, posted by Seeker on May 7, 2005

Temperature wise there is little difference between BAQ and Santa Marta. La Guajira would be drier than BAQ somewhat like Santa Marta. The rainy season started but you get much less in Santa Marta and La Guajira. I’ve never been to La Guajira I understand people go there for the beach, to see the desert, and to see some of the Indian culture. Maybe I’ll go and sightsee in June.
kidwonder
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: first time to Barranquilla, posted by Looking4Wife on May 7, 2005

Thanks for the information.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: