Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 27, 2024, 01:19:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: life is good  (Read 3802 times)
JimmySTLOUIS
« on: May 07, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Well my wife turned 20 last week. I was with her for her 19th birthday in Peru last year.
Funny how I went from not knowing anything about Latina girls or foreign brides to being with one for about a year and a half.

I still owe a lot to the guys from this board. Thanks again.

If I told you how good my life is right now you would think I am just blowing smoke. My wife is the sweetest girl in the world and would do anything for me.
The age issue was a concern in the past - its not a problem for her or me.

I do have some advice for anyone thinking of doing this.

Make sure (200 percent sure) that you like being married. If you like your own time or time with the guys forget out it - you are married to a women who will have only one thing and thats YOU.

Be ready to change (in a lot of things). That old favorite t-shirt that only has a few holes - its gone, say goodbye. Your favorite old comfortable chair - its gone too Wink

the trade offs are worth it.

Be patient. If you are short fused - forget the whole thing.
My wifes english is at the advance level at school but i still have to explain and explain and explain. When I am in Peru the roles are reversed.

Be prepeared to spend 2X more than you thought.
Also be prepared to help the family a little back home. Dont worry you will fell good for helping them. Her family is my family. My family here is nothing like my family in peru. SA family unit is 10X better than here.

Looking back I had some concerns but there are no problems at all. I was worried about this and that but - forget about it.

Being in love is great!

TE AMO PERU!!!!

jim

Red Clay
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to life is good , posted by JimmySTLOUIS on May 7, 2005

I ditto all the advice you give. We're so happy for you two that things are going well.
jediknight
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

great comments, continued success.
Seeker
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Congratulations Jimmy,

...and they say the first few years of marriage are the most challenging. Your experience counterbalances the disappointing stories that we often hear about and motivates me to continue on this path. I wish you and your wife continued success. I hope that all Latina seekers on this forum will one day find the happiness that you so deservingly enjoy today.

latinadreaming
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Nice to hear the positive stories. My question is: are there any common reasons on why people are successful??  One seems to be get to know the person and dont make quick decisions.  However I would like the ones who are in successful relationships to add to this.

From my experience, I have seen guys in Cali ask women to marry them after one weekend together. I asked two of them- dont you think you need to at least spend another week with this woman?  They both said "I know this is right and I am ready". One was just blinded by her beauty as he had never dated a woman with her beauty before. Got a visa for her and she left two days after she got to Florida.  She had a boyfriend in Miami.

JimmySTLOUIS
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: life is good , posted by latinadreaming on May 7, 2005

I had 6 trips to Peru just to see my wife. I also spent one month on one of those trips. BEFORE I asked her to marry me.

I got to know her pretty well. I dont think she got to know me as well as I did her. When you are in another counrty and you are not working, dont speak the language etc its harder for HER to know the "real you".

We also talked EVERY day on the phone 3 times a day. At least an hour a day.

TE AMO PERU!!!
jim

latinadreaming
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to follow up, posted by JimmySTLOUIS on May 7, 2005

You prove the point of getting to know the woman as much as you can before taking the big step.

Wish both of you all the happiness!!!

Jake
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

I think I know this girl !!!!!!!!!!!
jediknight
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

latinadreaming, those are 2 of the most important points a guy should remember, get to know the woman as much as possible and don't rush into things. although there are never any guarantees, you can lessen the chance of getting taken by spending time with her, her family and friends, talking to all of them and asking lots of questions.
the guy should always be in control of the situation, never let a woman pressure you into getting married too soon without knowing her. some guys are blinded and rush into things because the woman is so beautiful that he might feel afraid of losing her if he doesn't act fast enough. there are so many gorgeous women in colombia that if one doesn't want to go along at your pace, there are many others that will, find the mature ones that want to know you over the course of a few months rather than days. this requieres a take it or leave it attitude, a guy should be confident enough to be able to walk away from something that doesn't feel right without thinking he's lost it all.the girls that want to rush things are the ones you should be careful with.
JK
sisko
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Thanks Jimmy,

God willing, my new wife will be here in 2 months!

WE ARE SO EXCITED!!!

I have never had such a wonderful relationship with such
a wonderful woman, and I have had M A N Y relationships with American women.

She loves me and she does NOT hesitate to show me how much.
NO MIND GAMES!!!  What a concept?!?  Oh yea, I can get used to this!

When she gets here I will be the happiest man on EARTH!

Thanks again for the post Jimmy, and say hello to the MRS!

Sisko

wizard
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Don't worry Jimmy, it only gets better with time...

After you wife begins to adjust to her new life / home / environment / language / society / husband, you will get some time back for yourself... Oh, say, in a year or two... lol...

We just had our second wedding aniversary and life is only getting better as my wife is now fully integrated into life in the US...

Buena Suerte...

Mark

MarkNJ
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Thanks for the update and sharing with us your thoughts and opinions.  This is a fantastic post!!!  I am glad to hear things are going well and wish you and your wife continued happiness!    How does your wife enjoy St. Louis?
I made my first trip to St. Louis last November for a weekend getaway and I had a very good time.
Looking4Wife
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: