Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 05, 2024, 11:21:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Enuff's enuff  (Read 4512 times)
Bear
« on: November 09, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

I quit my contract today, only had 8 days left on it anyway.  Bought a ticket to R.P. and my wife. Leaving next Friday.  Not sure if I have another job here yet and probably won't know till next Friday but I am not sure I care.  With the economy the way it is and Honey not here my options are so limited.  I wish these fools had kept me on for 6 more months and I would have had a tremendous number of options available then.

I guess Honey and I will see some sights around Baguio and a few other places.  Take a few weeks to regroup.

Have a few business ideas in mind.  Can someone out there help me with what is expected of making shipments back to the USA?  I mean are there restrictions, taxes and fees involved?  Oddly enuff, if I knew how to get the product back here, I have buyers.  I already have a backlog of orders!?  The seller says she can sale 2000 in a week and has orders for over 200 already and I haven't even found a supplier (but Honey has done some checking there for me).  I think if all our calculations are correct and the shipping is within expectations profit should easily be 3 to 1 (before USA taxes of course).

Wow! I might add I wrote ALL my congressmen 6 weeks ago asking for help and finally got a letter from one today.  I told them I had to have some action in 7 weeks or less?  Gee thanks for the quick response public servants.

Hmmmmm?  What should I call the return trip report?  

Bear

tomtneal
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Enuff's enuff, posted by Bear on Nov 9, 2001

what are you selling anyway
tneal
Bear
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Enuff's enuff, posted by tomtneal on Nov 11, 2001

Several items but my main line is going to be American woman sized clothing.

Bear

Jeff S
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Enuff's enuff, posted by Bear on Nov 11, 2001

.. the tentmaker
Jeff S
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Ray's right, you need to find a good Customs Broker. The guy I've used since the 70s just retired and shut down his office, so I don't have any good recommendations but here's a directory of brokers for the port of LA These brokers can also arrange air shipments in, too. I'd suggest calling around and discussing your plans with several until you find one you have good chemistry with (sound familiar?)

http://www.polb.com/cbf.htm

-- Jeff S.

Dave H
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Hey Bear,

Well...you may run into some Abu Sayyaf.  

2000 sales in one week? That's alot of widgets! ;o) Have a great trip and best of luck.

Hey Jimbo, how many green mangoes do you want? Also, I have some "dry" land in Florida for sale with plenty of coconut trees. he he he...

Dave H.

Ray
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

No, I guess that one's already taken :-)

You need to talk to some customs brokers here to see what is involved. Try to find one with an office in the Phils. They can probably handle the shipping for you also.

Have a good trip and say hello to the Mrs...

And if you see any Abu Sayaf, flip them off for me.

Ray

Jimbo
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

How about "Take This Job and Shove it"

Can I place my order now?  I'll take a case of baluts, 25 coconuts and a few bunches of those little bananas Shocked))

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: