Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 28, 2024, 08:18:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ferries?  (Read 2212 times)
capt david
« on: November 11, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

I will be staying in Manilia for at least a day, probably. I am interested in the pros and cons of taking a ferry from Manila to Cebu. I love the water, but also enjoy some minor luxuries such as tolet paper AC &etc. I would like a privite berth if possible. When do they leave, how much, how long, in other words can it be made into a mini cruise? Thanks for the help. David
Jimbo
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Ferries?, posted by capt david on Nov 11, 2001

A Superferry ride from Nasipit to Cebu (8 hrs.) is a very fond memory for me during my courtship time.  We had a first class cabin, with private bath, ac, window, and meals in the room (don't remember the cost exactly - I think it was around $25).  But I loved the other parts of it best: strolling about the ship in the sunshine, hanging around the bow watching the little flying fish jump from the wake, trying to identify the islands as they went by.  In the dining room I spent a few hours playing chess with Sally's brother Alex; the best I could do was draw a game.  Those are times I will always cherish.

BTW, toward the end of the trip they said the entire Rosary over the loud speaker system (just in case that sort of thing bothers you).

Next trip I will take the Superferry from Manila to Dumagette.  For me it is total relaxation.  Manila to Cebu is two days, one night, I think.

Jim

Bear
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Ferries?, posted by capt david on Nov 11, 2001

Not a good time of the year for ferries.  Late season hurricanes have sunk many a ferry there.  

Bear

capt david
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Ferries?, posted by Bear on Nov 11, 2001

.....I am talking of June 2002. capt David
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: